“Great breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Resort Patong Phuket

Save Saved
You added Millennium Resort Patong Phuket to your Saves list
Millennium Resort Patong Phuket
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   199, Rat-Uthit 200 Pee Road | Patong, Kathu, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Offers & Announcements
Leisure special
Ranked #44 of 273 Hotels in Patong
Singapore, Singapore
“Great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Wonderful hotel ... Great buffet breakfast .... Staff are very friendly and helpful. It's very good for family in patong. Connected with jungceylon shopping mall and very close to many restaurants along patongs busy streets.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Millennium M, Manager at Millennium Resort Patong Phuket, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear scottdxb,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments on your Millennium Resort Patong experience! We will certainly share these with our team here and hope to be of service to you again on your next visit to Phuket!

Acting General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Naples, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

we spent 10 days in Christmas, the hotel is located in Patong bay, in Jungceylon area. we did not like Patong, too many night clubs, but the hotels is nice and very good hospitality. Be aware that rooms facing the Jungceylon commercial mall can be very noisy. the rest is very clean and we loved the fresh Thay fruit at breakfast. The tour operator in the hotel lobby is very expensive we used the one in the commercial area

Room Tip: Beach side seems more quiet but the lake side appearance is better
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear vigri,

Greetings from Millennium Resort Patong!

Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback regarding our location, employees and overall ambiance. The hotel has and always will ensure that the well being of our guests remain our utmost priority, and we would once again like to assure you that our commitment to quality hospitality service standards remains paramount at all times.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Stay in the cavana room at this hotel from 8 Dec to 15 Dec, the location is great and the staff is friendly and helpful. And most impressed me is one of the staff from the restaurant Ms. Noi, she seem to know and recognize most of the hotel guest and she even know what you going to drink (coffee or tea) during breakfast. That really bright up your day, a big thumb up for this young lady.
But the disappointing part is the wifi, always breakdown and lots of mosquito in the room. Hope the management can look into these two issue.
After all have a nice stay there especially with all the friendly and helpful staff.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Chua K,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

I just returned from patong and can honestly say that this hotel was fantastic. To be honest we felt it was to good. I travelled with 3 other males aged 23 and our main problem was the lack of other tourists our age. But besides that the hotel is located 1 min walk to bangla road, u have the mall connected and tours are easily accessible to set up. Would definatly stay here again and will begin planning for next year eventually!

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Dan0589,

uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We recently stayed at the Millennium Patong. We stayed there for just under 2 weeks. There are positives and negatives with this hotel. I shall try to detail as much as possible.

Right, when we booked a few months prior to our stay, I emailed the hotel asking them to put us in the Lakeside Building (there are 2 building that make up this hotel, lakeside and beachside with a free hotel tuk tuk that will take you between the 2 buildings) Anyway, we asked to be placed in the Lakeside building because of the many reviews on tripadvisor suggesting that this building suffers less noise from the near by ‘Famous Rooftop Club’ that blares music late into the night. I received no email confirming this, so, I called the hotel and asked them the same thing, they put me on hold then said ‘yup, that will be fine.’

Upon arriving, we entered the Lakeside building and went to check in, WOW, the building was beautiful, with a huge lake in the middle of the reception area. It took my breath away, then a lovely member of staff came along with 2 virgin mojitos to welcome us, mmmm, tasty and refreshing. We then began the checking in process, which to ages, I mean ages, no really, it took around 45 minutes to check in. It seemed as though the reception staff were not sure of how to use their computers, or perhaps they were all new staff, or perhaps they have a really complex checking in system. Either way, it took ages. This was rather disappointing. Anyway, I asked them to check their system about my phone call requesting a room in the Lakeside building, they said no, we have no note and that our room is in the Beachside building. I asked them if they could change this, they said no. This was again disappointing.

We went over to the Beachside building, went to our room, which to our surprise was a superior room, not just a deluxe room. The lovely man at reception had upgraded our room. Woo Hoo! The room was lovely with a great view, a huge bed and an amazing shower room that had huge glass wall that allowed you to sit on the bed and watch your partner as they shower, naughty... and sexy.

Just as we were about to relax, we noticed ants, alot of them, everywhere. All over the table and some on the bed. We called reception. They sent up a man with a can of Raid and fresh sheets. He said come back in 30 minutes. We did, and it was better. A couple of days later, the ants were back and we called reception again, they sent up another man with more Raid, sorted. But still, it would be nice if the hotel staff kept an eye on this sort of thing and have rooms sprayed regularly. A hotel with this sort of reputation should keep its standards high and not allow such situations to develop.

Anyway, the room. The bed was sooooo comfy. Huge bed, with huge pillows. Nice big LCD TV, with a few channels. There was a minibar/fridge, we asked the staff to empty this, so we can put our own drinks in there and they did so very quickly, this was a nice touch.

Room has a nice big safe, lots of wardrobe space and drawers. Very nice comfy toilet with shampoo, shower gel, moisturisers, combs, toothbrush, toothpaste etc, etc, etc. Everything that you could want for, very classy. Only concern in the toilet was the toilet paper, my god! They had the cheapest, thinnest toilet paper I have ever seen in my entire life. Not to be crude, but you can quite easily use an entire roll in one sitting. So, either you’ll have to contact reception for more, or go out to Big C (a local supermarket) and buy some proper toilet paper, don’t worry it is very, very, very cheap to buy decent toilet paper. If only the management at the Millennium knew about this no so well kept secret.

The hotel has wifi, here is how it works, if you are in a communal area, then it is free to use. If you want to use it in your room, then you have to pay as the communal areas wifi doesn’t reach them rooms, the rooms have their own wifi, but like I said, you gotta pay extra. Wifi is cheap in general, so why they charge so much for the ‘luxury’ of having it in your room, I do not know..., why not reconsider the price to a humane rate, then include this in the price of the room, that way they can boast-FREE wifi everywhere! Rather than having the tackyness of having to pay extra to have it in your room, I think that would be abit more classy... Just a thought...

Anyway, the hotel is located smack bang in the middle of Patong. It is about 60 seconds away from Bangla Road, which is a...erm.. well, it’s hard to explain, let’s just say it’s not for the faint hearted. The hotel is connected to Jungceylon, which is a huge shopping mall. In fact when you stand in the reception of the hotel, there are 2 exits, one to street level, the other is straight into Jungceylon. How cool is that!

We exchanged our money out there as you get a much better rate. When you come out of the Beachside building, if you head left and follow the road around, you will reach a small exchange booth about 20 yards from the Subway Sandwich shop, right next to the little bridge over the water feature. This is where we did our exchanging. Not only was it nearby, but it also had the best rates that we could find in the entire area with no fees either. Quick tip, if you want to exchange your money here, always go here in the evening around 8-9, this is when they have the really good rates, in the morning, the rate is not as good, I do not know why this is, but check yourself if you don’t believe me.

Back to the hotel, previously we have stayed at other hotels in Thailand, alot of them have a DVD player in the room. Others will ask for a deposit which they refund. This is not the case at the Millennium. I asked them for a DVD player, they said, sure, that will be 650 baht per night!!!! Are they crazy! So if you were to stay for 10 nights, that will cost you 6500 Baht, which is around, £135 Sterling!!! So you know what I may or may not have done! Well if you go into Jungceylon, head right to the second building, the one with Robinsons and Big C, well, head into Big C, head up to the second floor to the electricals, there you can BUY a tiny DVD player, with remote and all the cables for only 499 baht! Which is around £10.40 Sterling. And at the end of your stay, it is yours to keep-obviously... or if you don’t want to carry it back, you can simply throw it in the bin! Why would you pay 650 baht per night, when you can buy it outright for less at only 499 baht! Even if you throw it away, you are better off!!!!! I am not suggesting that you do this, I am simply saying that one could do this and if you wanted to make sure that the hotel staff don’t get confused and try to take it thinking it is their DVD player, that you have hired for the night, you could disconnect it and put it in your bag every time you left the hotel to make sure. And you would of course be careful with connecting it and disconnecting it to their TV which is rock solid, just in case management read this and try the good old, hey you have damaged our TV. I of course did not do any of the above and nor would I advocate it. I simply enjoyed the channels available and when I got bored, I counted dead ants instead of sheep.

The Breakfast- This was quite a spread. Foods from all continents, including the usual croissants, jams, toasts, eggs etc. There is also a curry and pasta option, if you are that way inclined first thing in the morning... Also, they have an omelette station which is rather nice. Most of the food is fantastic. Couple of types of juices, teas, coffees etc. Only 2 problems which I feel are worth mentioning.

1- They are always out of baked beans and fried eggs, ALWAYS! Every morning I had to ask for more, Some morning they would say, we have run out, then after we had finished our breakfast and we were about to head out, we would notice them replenishing the beans and eggs. So we had been lied to and now when we have finished our breakfast they decide to restock when it is no use to us...The rest of the mornings they were like, oh we didn’t realise that it had run out, then 20 minutes late-after we had finished our breakfast, they would replenish the beans and fried eggs, when they were no longer of any use to us. The staff who are so attentive with other things, really should keep an eye on this sort of thin as it becomes an irritating joke after a couple of days.

2- The Bacon, my god it was bad. Firstly they had the same restocking game as the beans and eggs, but the main problem was that the bacon was fried to within an inch of its life furthermore it was this very cheap flavourless ‘jerky’ texture. Trust me try it once and if you tell yourself that your are eating jerky/biltong, then you may be moderately displeased, if you take it for what it is supposed to be-Bacon, then you will only attempt eating it 1 or 2 times as it is the worst bacon I have tried in my entire life. Please Millennium staff, reconsider this cheap pretender of Bacon and buy some quality Bacon, also, try shallow frying it for a couple of minutes on each side, have a look on line for some how to guides if you need to...and please don’t deep fry it for 76 days as you currently do.

One other thing, they have they prettiest and tastiest honey I have ever tried! I am not a fan of honey, but they have the whole honey comb where the honey comes from –displayed in the centre of the dining room, just looking at it, I just had to try it out and WOW! It was unlike any I have ever tasted, it was delicious.

The hotel has a swimming pool in each building, we tried out both. They were both equally nice, clean with plenty of towels and sunbeds. They give you a plastic card which you exchange for towels, one card= one towel, if you use that towel and it is now all wet, you can just exchange it for another, then when you are all done, just return the card and you get the card back. Don’t lose the card, you’ll get fined if you do.

Loads of great cocktails and other beverages served by the pool, reasonably priced and well made. There is also a great gym in the Lakeside building which we used a few times, very comprehensive! You can do all of your cardio and workout any body part that you want. They have benches, cables, dumbbells, barbells, and an amazing 3D squat rack/smith machine, I have only ever seen these in the very best gyms, so I am very pleased with this gym.

Local area, anything you want is nearby. T-shirts, clothes, bags, anything... Many food places everywhere, between the buildings of Jungceylon, there is a food street with loads of great place to eat. In the 1st building, the one attached to our Beachside building, if you go to the basement, there are quite a few massage place which are fantastic! Me and my wife went there every evening, foot massages for 250baht for 1 hour, infact most massages are between 250-350baht for an hour. Also the staff are sooooo friendly and warm and will remember you-obviously they are not associated with the hotel.

In the 2nd Jungceylon building, lakeside, there are loads of places to get facials. Now this was really not my thing...at first, but after one try, wow! They are amazing, they clean your face, you pores, get rid of unsightly ear/nose hair and make your face feel fantastic! I have to say, when you first get one, then next day, you will break out in spot, but don’t let this bother you, go again and from that point on, your face will look and feel 10 years younger, seriously! They cost between 299-349baht for an hour session. There are around 5 salons and they all have a special offer on at all times, we just went with their specials and never looked back. Great staff, great value! -obviously they are not associated with the hotel.

The checking out process is fairly easy and quick. Only issue was waiting for a free member of staff, most were checking in other guests and we already know that this take a lifetime to do, so we had to wait for them to finish then deal with us. Once they did, it was quick. We had asked the staff to arrange a taxi to the airport for us, this was done quickly and was around 600-700baht I think...

Overall this is one of the best hotels I have stayed in a anyplace. There are many issues with the hotel which I have commented on, if these issues were addressed, then this hotel really would be PERFECT in everyway! Until then it remains one of the best rather than the best. I hope the hotel managements read this and do something, I hope they do not reply with the usual corporate reply telling me facts about their hotel, which I can look up on their website, I hope they don’t just tell me how hard their staff work and how dedicated they are-I know this, I have already said this! I hope they don’t reply with a defensive answer that does nothing but simply act as a childish-‘so’s your face’ type of comment. If you are gonna do that, then please don’t reply. If you plan to actually do something then I look forward to your reply...remember in spite of all of the issues, I still say that this is one of the best hotels I have stayed in.

If you stay here, you will really enjoy yourself. The buildings are beautiful and warm. The staff are friendly and clearly enjoy what they do. The location is perfect and I would stay here again., I would and have recommended Millennium to my family and friends as we really enjoyed ourselves here.

Room Tip: Beachside building- Noisier rooms, but still nice. Lakeside building- Quieter rooms, bigger swimmin...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear travelling_dudeUk,

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My partner and I only stayed here one night but were very impressed. The staff at the front desk were great and very helpful in transferring us from their reception to our room on the top floor overlooking the pool. The pool is fantastic , with clean surrounds and friendly bar staff. I found the rooms to be very roomy and a great size balcony. I really can't find a fault with this hotel and would rate it as the second best hotel I have ever stayed in ( outrigger koh samui number 1) . I highly recommend at least having one night to treat yourself at the end of a Thailand trip. It's e en got a shopping centre entry built into the foyer!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Leobrophy,

mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

hotel was good.. nice clean... the best thing of this hotel is it's perfect location.. its centrally located. the main night life action is at BANGLA ROAD, which is just ouitside Jungceylon mall. The beachside wing is connected to the Jungceylon Mall.. mall has too many food options..
no doubt, my next visit again to phuket with family will be again in this hotel.. saw the entire patong area, i feel, no hotel location is excellent as this.... if u want to be close to action beachside wing is the place to stay , even lake side wing is connected to the mall. but at 10pm the shops shut down so after 10 u can;t enter hotel thru the mall. so then u got to walk 3-4 mins to the lakeside wing... 5 mins walk to the beach.... i had got a room on 5th floor, that's quite a little walk .. as had to take 2 elevators to reach there.. was told that the room has balcony and good city view.. sorry to say but there was no city view at all.. it was view of some narrow lane behind the hotel.... One small feature of this hotel i disliked was that, they were charging for WIFI in the rooms.. wifi in public areas were only free... now days internet is a basic requirement for every traveller and that should be free... hope the management will review this point and make the entire hotel wifi free..

Room Tip: pls note : the superior room in beachside has balcony whereas in lakeside has no balcony... try to...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear vikasmanghnani,

Acting General Manager

Been to Millennium Resort Patong Phuket? Share your experiences!