“1st wk Jun: raining season so perfect hotel to bunk!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Resort Patong Phuket

You added Millennium Resort Patong Phuket to your Saves list
Millennium Resort Patong Phuket
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   199, Rat-Uthit 200 Pee Road | Patong, Kathu, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Offers & Announcements
Save 25% + Free Breakfast
Ranked #47 of 285 Hotels in Patong
Singapore
“1st wk Jun: raining season so perfect hotel to bunk!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Millennium Patong
It was raining for 2 straight days non stop when I checked in so having direct access to Juncylon really helps as the streets begin to overflow with water. I got the superior room in the lakeside as i requested it to be quieter for the kids. The room can accommodate 1 extra bed but not 2 even though they offer me another bed when I pay thb300 for my 2nd kid breakfast. There is a long sofa bed near the window which i end Up sleeping on 2 days and greeted for watching TV.  There was a major power shortage and blackout on  6 & 7 Jun maybe  due to the rain or wind. The hotel has backup power and essential lights in the room so it is not pitch black. There is free wifi in the lobby and breakfast area but bring along mosquito repellent as you will be their breakfast instead while u type on your iphone or laptop. Wifi in the room are chargeable. The doors from other room can be heard in the morning as u try to get some winks which I do not like. The shower pressure is good and my wife likes the shower head that I may have to look for similar ones when I am back.
I was thinking to move to beachside rooms as my airport pickup will be in beachside. The hotel staff (Palm) was kind enough to bring and show me the only available room there. It is more spacious, although I felt it can accommodate 2 extra bed but the staff says housekeeping says no they have not done it before, so I did not move to beachside. The housekeeping is good, noticing I have kids they gave 4 water bottle everyday and extra towels. Save me the trouble to ask for more in every hotel, thanks!!. Yes, this is a good location hotel and well equip and trained as expected for any MNC hotels.

• Stayed June 2012
Millennium M, Manager at Millennium Resort Patong Phuket, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear AIK71,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments on your Millennium Resort Patong experience! We will certainly share these with our team here and hope to be of service to you again on your next visit to Phuket!

Acting General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Penang, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel with an excellent location. Room is good, clean and very well designed, but the aircon is too powerful. Tried to explain to the hotel technician, the front desk also not able to understand I am hoping that they can help to configure the control that doesn't seem to work.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear alfredyeap,

Greetings from Millennium Resort Patong!

Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback regarding our location, employees and overall ambiance. The hotel has and always will ensure that the well being of our guests remain our utmost priority, and we would once again like to assure you that our commitment to quality hospitality service standards remains paramount at all times.

Yours truly,

Jamal Sidik,
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

love this hotel
2 seperate wings, beach side and lake side
we stayed in beachside, love the location as you walk out into the shopping mall
close to night life bangla road
never caught a taxi as all is around you
only time we needed a taxi was to go airport and phuket town
love the location of this hotel

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear vicky82wa,

Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Hello readers,

I made an investment in Phuket in 2005 after being here couple of times. I have a villa 45 minutes away from Patong and last weekend I decided to stay in Patong due to the fact that some Scottish friends living in Jakarta wanted to "party" so what a great excuse to stay in Patong. As someone who knows a bit Phuket I thought to book 2 rooms at the Millennium Resort Patong Phuket. My reasons were the following:

- Located few steps away from Bangla Road ( where all bars are )
- Located in a Shopping Mall which made our experience convenient in terms of shopping, dinning, walking around with aircon, along other facts.
- Nightclub on site (Famous)
- This is meant to be a Luxury Hotel as it belongs to the Millennium Group of Hotels

I have to say that I am not disappointed at all as I was able to enjoy above four points, however I will highlight some "details" to have into consideration in case you have very high expectations:

Check in was Friendly and Quite Fast. Then we were taken to another wing (more in the back of the mall) as we booked a standard room. I have to say that the room wasn't bad as bedding was comfortable but the bathroom design was a bit different than other hotels of the same category as the sink was on the entrance corridor and then shower and toilet separately, which reminded me a lot to a cheap motel I went once in Florida. In other words I had mix feelings of a Motel/Hotel type of room.

The other facility within the hotel we visited was the Bistro for the included Breakfast. Nothing extraordinary and at 9 AM (in very low season as this morning) was full of people that remind me to a camp that I used to go with my primary school. Was not much variety and we have to have whatever was there. If today was poor and such a mess with the number of people, don't want to know what it will be on Summer! So my "breaky" was poor that I have to go to the Starbucks at the mall after check out.

Parking is very convenient as is Free (Valet Parking Included). Even after check out they gave me a voucher to park for the day at the Mall (free of charge).

For last but not least, we were admitted Free of Charge at Famous Nighclub due to the fact that we were guest from the hotel.

Once again, all staff was attentive from Reception, Concierge, Room Service, Technicians, Housekeeping, along other Customer Service rep. Please remember that Thais are very appreciative and any type of tip is always appreciated. With THB 100 per suitcase or THB 50 every time they bring your car will be more than enough (and is not even 1/3 to what you might give in your country.

If I have to stay again I will most likely go as far as I can get a reasonable price as today.

Room Tip: Always ask for a room on the first wing as I understand they are better.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Gabuke,

Budapest, Hungary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

My friend & I had booked our Package 1 month beforehand, based on the reviews we’d come across. Antilog Vacations was chosen as the travel agent for its good and cheap deals available online for Bangkok & Phuket packages.Of all the options we got Millennium suited the ratings and budget perfectly.

On arrival , We were greeted with fresh juice and snacks, on the house and once we saw our rooms we were ecstatic! We had gone in for the cabana room & boy was it a surprise! We were very happy to see that not only did our rooms open up to the pool, but we also had a private jacuzzi! This totally made our day!

The rooms themselves were nice & clean. They matched our expectations just right. The minibar was also adequate enough to last you for at least a day’s snacking. The food was good too.. I think I noticed about 3-4 different dining options within the hotel. It was nice to be able to choose what we wanted rather than, have what they offer. We also had TV & cable in our room.

The in-house spas were amazing and very cheap. I remember having spent at least an hour a day getting a massage from the wonderful staff. You can either head to the spa or have the masseuse sent to your private deck if you’re feeling too lazy.

Jungceylon Mall is adjacent to the hotel, which makes shopping very easy - you have a lot of options in one place. There are a lot of eateries and restaurants here too, which means you can always drop-in for a quick bite if you want to skip the hotel food (which is quite ok).

The only downside to the hotel is that, it’s not your average hotel by the beach, because it does take you about 15-20 minutes if you’re going to walk to Patong Beach. To be fair though, none of the hotels here are “beach-side”. And you have to eventually find a way through the various properties that have mushroomed here to make it to the beach.

I think I’d rate our trip an 8 on 10 thanks to Millenium. We wouldn’t mind staying here again and would consider recommending the place to our family & friends.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Abhishek C,

Nelson, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We were staying at a resort along way from Patong so we decided to stay here for two nights. We stayed at the Lakeside with our own pool entrance. It was great for shopping. The massages were good at the spa. The only downside was corridor was very noisy during the night

Room Tip: Choose lakeside with pool entrance
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear S Z,

Greetings from Millennium Resort Patong!

Yours truly,

Jamal Sidik,
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I have read a lot of reviews about this hotel, some were good and some were bad. I took a chance and I am very happy that it worked! I stayed in a deluxe room in lakeside wing and I can tell you that I have no complain regarding the check-in, the room itself, breakfast and the house keeping staff. We arrived quite late at night and ordered room service for some food. They took only a few minutes to prepare the food and the food was good and price was reasonable. Now, the main plus point about the hotel is- you need not go out to pass time when it is raining ( we experienced lot of showers ). The Jungceylon mall with lot many things is just attached to this hotel wing. The lady in the hotel tour desk was very much cooperative and arranged our Phang Nga bay tour. We got two keys for the room which is necessary but not many hotels are giving it. We shall definitely stay in this hotel in our next visit.

Room Tip: Deluxe room in lakeside wing is very good
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Ikramul7,

Acting General Manager

Been to Millennium Resort Patong Phuket? Share your experiences!