“GREAT LOCATION, LOVED THE CABANA POOL ROOM, WE'LL BE BACK!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Resort Patong Phuket

You added Millennium Resort Patong Phuket to your Saves list
Millennium Resort Patong Phuket
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   199, Rat-Uthit 200 Pee Road | Patong, Kathu, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Special Offer
Save 25% + Free Breakfast
Ranked #49 of 278 Hotels in Patong
Sydney
“GREAT LOCATION, LOVED THE CABANA POOL ROOM, WE'LL BE BACK!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

Our group of 4 adults stayed at The Millenium Resort in two Cabana Pool Rooms for a week in early June. The staff and service were fantastic. The rooms were great and both had private jacuzzi's and direct pool access. The breakfast each morning was sensational with a huge selection of meals to cater for all needs.The location of the hotel was the overall winner for us. Being located next to Jungceylon Shopping Mall was sooooo handy for shopping! We were able to drop our bags back at our room and then continue shopping! Perfect :) Only a minute or two to walk to Bangla Road and then continue straight down to the beach. Sensational. We'll be back again next year for sure!

Room Tip: Cabana rooms have both private jacuzzi & direct pool access. Highly recommended :)
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
MillenniumManagement, General Manager at Millennium Resort Patong Phuket, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments on your Millennium Resort Patong experience! We will certainly share these with our team here and hope to be of service to you again on your next visit to Phuket !

Peter D. Gibbons

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

stayed here for 5 nights. Right at the top of bangla road adjoining the junceyleon shopping mall. Try one of the spa facial places in the shopping centre, really good. Nice big comfy room and bed. Stayed in the lakeside in a deluxe room. Wired internet wouldnt work in the room but you could get wifi in public areas - chargeable! Breakfast had lots of choice - shame they cremated the bacon. Really nice pool and happy hour was also good! Bathroom was the only let down as the design meant the shower soaked the bathroom floor. All in all very comfortable stay, woudl recommend!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
MillenniumManagement, General Manager at Millennium Resort Patong Phuket, responded to this review, July 3, 2011

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011 via mobile

The deluxe room (at Lakeside) they gave us overlooked the busy car park and tour bus parking which gets rather busy in the morning and evening. But it does have dual sliding doors which blocks out all noise. There is only a wooden Venetian blind that divides the bathroom from room!
The pool is just like the pictures and surprisingly very quiet. Very fluffy and large pool towels too!
Breakfast was superb! Full buffet catering to western, Asian, and local tastes. The staff remembered my friends need for multiple cups of green tea and offered her a pot by the 2nd visit!
Concierge very helpful and knowledgable about local activities, entertainment and good food.
We girls just loved how Jungceylon was next door. It took us days to cover just the ground floor!! Even after the mall closed at 10pm there was lots to see and do outside and market stalls close at 11pm. We felt safe walking to, from and around the outside of the hotel as it was all well lit and lots of people around.
The only downside was that there was no business centre and no free wifi (1hr for 100baht) but there are Internet places around. Would love to stay again.

• Stayed June 2011
MillenniumManagement, General Manager at Millennium Resort Patong Phuket, responded to this review, June 27, 2011

Esplanade
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

The primary reason I decided to stay at this hotel is primarily for its location - next to JungCeylon Shopping centre and the street stalls.

I booked with the hotel direct thru email - response time was average ( 1 day turnaround time) and quality of response was below average as they could not provide me with the information I requested for until a different reservations manager took over.

I stayed in a Superior Room at the Lakeside Wing on the 4th floor where the pool and spa is.
When i checked in at 2.30pm, I was disappointed to find that 2 of the 3 rooms that I booked for my party were not ready. In fact when we viewed the state of the 2 rooms that were not ready, one of the rooms was about 75% ready while no work had even commenced for the 3rd room. I expected that they would need at least 30minutes - 45 minutes to clean and tidy up the room based on the mess that the previous occupant left behind. If hotels are strict on their policy of check-in and check out time, I think a hotel should be held contractually liable to compensate their guests for late check ins if the room is not ready by the check in time.

Otherwise, the rooms were clean and modern altho the room decor was abit too dark for my liking. My room had a shower (no bath tub) which was blocked off from the bedroom area by collapsible blinds. Altho i had no issue with the wash basin area (which was outside the bathroom and next to the cupboards and tea & coffee making facilities, there were not enough shelves or space for one to store toiletries items. The bed was big enough to sleep 3 adults comfortably. We had a view of a multi-storey carpark across the road which meant that you have to draw your curtains for privacy. TV was fantastic with over 40 free local and international channels.
There did not appear to be an wifi access in the room.

Breakfast was the usual buffet spread - one big plus was the freshly squeezed fruit juices.
Negatives - When we ate at 7am, the restaurant was understaffed. We were offered tea about 10 minutes after we sat down. Two of the staff seemed to be checking and reconciling the accounts at the counter. There was one chef to cook the eggs, the noodles and squeeze the juices. Some flies at the pancake/waffle counter.

The hotel has a small lobby area which doesnt directly face the lifts to the rooms. There didnt appear to be any visible security personnel where the lifts were so it appears that anyone could go up to the rooms if they wanted to if they walked into the hotel from the connecting Shopping centre.

Check in and check out was fast and efficient altho there was no queue both times.

My compliments to Millenium's Por who was extremely attentive and helpful with my luggage when we checked in and out.

Also, due to the size of the small lobby, it was slightly chaotic in the morning when we were waiting for our transfer to the airport as the tour guides were looking for their guests who were taking their excursions.

Room Tip: Lakeside with Pool view
Greetings from Millennium Resort Patong

Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback regarding our location, employees and overall ambiance. We regret that some of these factors had inconvenienced you during your stay and thus made it less memorable than was expected. You will be glad to know that we have addressed these issues with the respective Departments and that there will be improvements in the areas you had mentioned.

The hotel has and always will ensure that the well being of our guests remain our utmost priority, and we would once again like to assure you that our commitment to quality hospitality service standards remains paramount at all times. These feedbacks have helped us tremendously in ensuring they are rectified with the respective departments and improvements are in place to nullify these shortcomings.

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

Before I start my review, I must first and foremost clarify that this experience is relative to my expectations and wants. You do not have have to agree.

Also, I have stayed at Holiday Inn Phuket before, which was amazing in comparison, and makes this hotel even more pathetic when compared to its competitors.

With respect to my expectations and wants/needs, I present the FACTS (not opinions) of the hotel which failed miserably. I stayed in a Superior Room in the Lakeside Wing.

1. No Bathtub.
I just finished a solo backpacking trip in Ho Chi Minh and a short shopping trip in Bangkok before I finished at Phuket to unwind. Imagine the shock when I stepped into the room and found no bathtub. Even the cheap Bangkok hotel I stayed in had a bathtub. All my plans to soak and unwind went down the drain.

2. No WiFi.
I PAID for the internet, and the package description reads "Unlimted Internet Access throughout the Resort". First of all, the reception gave me no information whatsoever with regards to my PAID WiFi (More on the service later). Fine, I'm rather techsavy; I can figure all that out. I scrolled through the available WiFi and found nothing that remotely resemebled something I could access. I asked the porter who brought my bags in and he replied, "Oh! No WiFi, got cable." and proceeded to fish a LAN cable from the drawer. I was really irritated by then and this simply means that I do not have Internet Access THROUGHOUT the Resort. I did find out that they have WiFi at the Lobby area, but my main usage was in the room.
Fine again, I proceeded to slump into my bed to use my laptop. The saving grace was that the cable was long enough. BUT, the LAN cable did not have the clip which holds the cable in the port and the cable kept slipping out as I was using it on the bed. Now that was ultimately irritating.

3. No view (which was fine) but view for others
The receptionist informed me (apologetically) that there was no view, which I am rather fine by. But when I went to my room, I realised that it oversaw a multi-storey carpark. And there was someone right at the top who could look directly into my room. Needless to say, I left the curtains drawn throughout my stay. Might as well have built no windows at all.

4. Ants.
I left an empty glass (which had held juice) on the dresser overnight and by the next morning, it was a happy little bathtub for a group of ants. Sure, I probably should have washed it, but hey, I'm on holiday. And this simply means that there is probably an ant nest somewhere around in the room. Not good news for people who likes to snack.

And finally, let's move away from the facts and throw in my opinions. Unfortunately for them, I experienced world class service at Holiday Inn and as a result, theirs pale in comparison. Sure, there was the occassional smile and all, but I did not feel the same warmth and welcome I got from Holiday Inn. The breakfast was rather disappointing too (my opinion). I believe I have written enough to show how poor my experience was. I am not going to bother to provide any saving grace as I don't believe there was any.

The overall experience was frustrating and poor.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

We stayed at this hotel when it first opened we really enjoyed it.To be so close to the main shopping centre but not right on top of the bars made it most suitable to us. We are returning in september and bringing another couple with us we wanted to book direct to the hotel so used their "reservations" email but even though i have written twice i still have had no response so i am wondering if their customer service has deteriorated. has anyone else had this problem

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
MillenniumManagement, The Management at Millennium Resort Patong Phuket, responded to this review, June 23, 2011
Dear auski5,

Could you kindly verify your full name and e-mail address that you’ve sent to us please?
So, we could track and respond back to you.

We are looking forward to your favorable reply.

Kind regards,
The Management
Mauritius
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

First thing they need to find the architect who designed the room washrooms and fire him or her . The bathroom/ toilet offers absolutely no privacy to the person inside or outside ( depends which way you look at it ) , there is only blind which separates the bathroom from the main room. The one and only wash basin is in the room itself next to the minibar and very inconvenient.
Location of the Hotel is great ( although about 10 minutes walk to the nearest beach) and right on the doorsteps of hustle and bustle of Patong, including the famous Soi Bangla road !!
The Hotel has 2 wings , named Beachside and Lakeside ( these are only names as there is neither a beach or lake close by). Beachside wing is closer to the night life and hence more noisy , the lakeside wing is more calm and quiet .
The Hotel is part of a big shopping center,Jung Ceylon and this is great as you have immediate access to many wonderful restaurants, massage , spas, supermarket( for your room provisions) .

Room Tip: Lakeside wing is quieter !!!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
MillenniumManagement, General Manager at Millennium Resort Patong Phuket, responded to this review, June 20, 2011

Peter D. Gibbons

Been to Millennium Resort Patong Phuket? Share your experiences!