“Great hotel, great vale and excellent staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sun Hill Hotel

You added Sun Hill Hotel to your Saves list
Sun Hill Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   245/2 Nanai Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #35 of 278 Hotels in Patong
Sydney, Australia
“Great hotel, great vale and excellent staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed here after 3 nights and a dump with very poor atmosphere created by the owner and his drunk mates and was pleasantly surprised with this hotel.
Perfect rooms, well maintained hotel throughout and the staff were all of excellent quality. I hope the boss pays them well because they are what makes this a great hotel. I would have tipped enormously but funds did not permit on this trip.
Easy to get to location with a pleasant leafy district outlook a little away from the really busy areas and within walking distance of everything locally.
Do not hesitate and go and book - you'll be glad you did like I was for staying
stayed there.
Also, the rates were very reasonable, a bargain actually! This review is from me! a real traveller wanting to put it out there as it is.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. Cosy room with nice wood furniture. Very comfortable bed and pillows! It's definitely value for money. The distance to beach/shopping is bit far. But there is the taxi motorbike available outside the hotel so it still alright. It is good for those who like it quiet. The housekeeper done a good job of keeping the room clean and towels which was made into a little elephant was so cute. The swimming pool is rather small. It will be good if the hotel can provide bedroom slippers.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Lima, Lima, Peru
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

It is a nice place, specially for those who don´t want to be in the middle of the noisy party area. It is 15 minutes walk from the beach and 10 minutes from the main reataurantes and shopping places. The rooms are clean and confortable. The only two issues we had were: 1). the safes are not in the room, the are in the reception. 2). Breakfast starts at 9am. If you want it earlier you have to let them know. We were there at 9am the first morning and the person in carge want there yet, si we hade breakfast aroung 9:30...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My recent third stay in 2 1/2 years was as nice as the first two. This hotel is owned and operated by a husband and wife team (Roman and Pat) with a personable staff. The owners are always there making sure guests are cared for. The hotel is always clean inside and out. The swimming pool uses a modern salt water system to keep clean and the water is crystal clear. The dining is excellent with Thai and European entrees, desserts, and a full bar with open air environment. The food is always fresh. I have had food born illness in Thailand because of eating in the wrong locations so I feel happy and secure to eat a fine breakfast, lunch, and dinner at Sun Hill. They are located in a relatively quiet location of Patong not far from everything in the city and a short drive from all the beaches on Phuket. Sun Hill also offers motorcycle rental (without surrendering your passport) and laundry service. I am always happy to return to Sun Hill Hotel and sad to leave.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a kitchenette so if you like to cook ask for one. If you like the swimming pool some...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

What a lovely hotel, it was very clean and tidy and our room was cleaned every day. The hotel was away from the madness that is Patong but within easy walking distance of everything. The staff are very friendly and we looked forward to the lovely towel art. What a great hotel with a huge comfy bed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyderabad-Deccan, Andhra Pradesh, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

i went to phuket along with my cousins for a two day stay in september, it was heavily raining in phuket when we landed, we booked a minibus from hotel which reached on time and took us staright to hotel , thanks to weather that our flight reache dlate and we reached hotel only at 2.30 pm .we had to check out after two days at 4.30 am to catch early morning flight. the hotel staff were very receptive and check in was fast ans staff speak good english,the rooms were clean,however the water provided to drink was not upto the mark as other conditions in hotel.we had to buy drinking water from outside as we could no drink the complimemntary drinking water.the stores are also quite close and we went to beach and came back in night . as we were very hungry we requested the hotel staff to give uds brakfast on first day although we reached beyond time, but thanks to hotal staff that they agreed and provided us the same. i would definitely recommend this hotel to all my friends and any member who is visiting phuket.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Unfortunately I only stayed at the Sun Hill Hotel for two days as I was just passing through Phuket on my way back from Phi Phi. I can't recommend the hotel enough, based on value, customer service and overall comfort.
I was accommodated in a ground floor, poolside room. The rooms are spacious, very clean and very quiet. The room was equipped with a large flat screen TV, mini bar plus the hotel fill two large bottles of drinking water in the room everyday, free of charge (Nice touch!), air con and plenty of spare towels.
My patio doors opened onto a small terrace, which itself opened right out onto the very private pool area. Being on the lower floor, I was initially worried about noise etc but the hotel is set back from the busy road, I had two undisturbed nights of sleep.
I only had the pleasure of meeting two staff members during my short stay there. I have to commend the lady that checked me in, efficient, extremely informative and very welcoming! I've worked in hotels for 6+ years and this was the best service I've personally experienced! On my day of departure, I woke 10 mins before check out time (partying a little too hard the night before I guess :D), I went straight to the front desk to apologise and to let them know I would be about 20 mins late and didn't mind paying for a late departure, the owner insisted that I should take as long as I like, there was no rush and no charge! Great customer service!
I would recommend this hotel to solo travellers and couples alike. The location is perfect, quiet at night but not too far if you want to venture in and enjoy the nightlife of Patong. I would say about 15/20 mins walk to Bangla or 3/4 mins in a taxi/scooter. I feel the nightly tariff was well underpriced, I would be happy to pay more, the hotel is that good!
Overall, a great value hotel with friendly staff, brilliant rooms and facilities... what more could you ask for?

Room Tip: Ground floor room opposite reception - The patio doors open straight out onto the pool area!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Sun Hill Hotel? Share your experiences!