“Nice, clean and cheap” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sun Hill Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sun Hill Hotel to your Saves list
Sun Hill Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   245/2 Nanai Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #20 of 274 Hotels in Patong
“Nice, clean and cheap”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

It is very close to the Patong beach and also to the center. We booked it through AsiaWeb and there wasnt any breakfast included but we tried their breakfast it does not really worth to get a breakfast at the hotel. There are better breakfast options for the same price around the hotel. It is definitely a clean and cheap hotel for the location. Staff are friendly and everyday they clean the room and leave you a thai style design on the bed with the towels:) They also have a pool,we did not have a chance to use it though. I can certainly recommend this hotel for your trip to Patong.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel upgraded us and we got in late on New years eve. hotel offers large rooms with a small kitchen and good size fridge. a little bit of a walk to Patong but good value for its proximity. shower was always hot and plenty of towels as well, comfy bed! note they also have a pool

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I stay here for two weeks in December it was wonderful. I give them a five star customer service every staff was friendly and the Manager Roman was very nice and he make sure we are comfortable during our stay. Everything you need is in this hotel. The food is very good. Thinking about food you should try there vanilla ice cream with crepes dessert it is so good. The room is always clean and it so cool when you go inside the room the maid would do some very cool design with the towels. I would recommend this hotel. The price is very reasonable and you get a five star customer service. I am looking forward to come back to this hotel.

Thanks Sun Hill Hotel and Roman for a great stay.

Howard Brown and Jeanny Sok

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful food, friendly efficient staff! Such hospitality, the management went out of their way to make us feel very special and welcome. We truly enjoyed our stay and will be back next year!
Management even made us a special lobster meal, going to buy a fresh live lobster especially for us! They also assisted and arranged outings to popular attractions in the area for us! Very clean and neat hotel! Lovely swimming pool and a very central location as well.

• Stayed September 2012
Rosamond, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

This is an economy hotel, so expectations need to be caged appropriately. That being said, we were quite pleased with our stay. We spent half our time in Phuket at a luxury hotel, and the other half here. This place was 20 times less expensive though, so really a great deal, despite some shortcomings. There were some things we didn't like. The air conditioning in the room had a hard time keeping up. The bed was asian style--read "hard". The hotel was a little removed from Patong beach. It is a walk to the beach. But there were also some nice things, most apparent being the staff was consistently friendly and helpful. They actually spoke the best English of all the people we met on our trip. And they arranged a reasonably priced car to take to the airport. We used this hotel as a launching point for scuba day trips, and for that is was perfect. It would not have been as good if we had planned beach days at this hotel though.

Room Tip: Getting a room off the street will help with noise
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stayed at the Sun Hill in January 2012 and it was a great place. Clean, friendly staff, and an overall good deal. However, there are two things that aren't ideal. It is on the of the hill in Patong, so it is a bit of a hike to the town and beach. However, it wasn't too bad. Maybe a 15 minute walk. The other thing was the manager Roman Grimm is horrible and doens't know the first thing about customer service. His staff was nice enough to arrange transportation to the pier on our last day, but I accidentally forgot about that charge. When we got home, I looked at our bill and thought we accidentally got overcharged and wrote them a nice email asking them for an itemized receipt. He send me back a very nasty email saying that I need to "be more careful accusations of being overcharged." I admitted in my response that it was my fault for forgetting about the charge, but I found his response unprofessional and I would never give the Sun Hill my business again. I know this isn't a big of a deal, but I can't stand businesses that don't treat their customers well. Maybe Roman should learn from his staff!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I have stayed at various places in Patong over the years. I have just returned from a two week stay at the Sunhil, it wasn't t my first stay there and hope it not to be my last. As always, Roman and his team looked after us well and we had a great stay.

For me, the hotel strikes a good balance between accessibility to main attractions of Patong but just being tucked a little out of the way to enjoy some peace and quiet when required. Those wishing to enjoy the high energy excitement of the Bangla Rd nightlife can take the walk into town, but it can be a bit of a way if it’s a hot day. It’s more likely you take a tuk tuk or motorbike taxi from the stand opposite the hotel. The relatively small nature of the hotel means members of staff quickly become friendly and familiar faces and that can often be said of the other guests too.

I always hire a small motorbike from the hotel and having made enquiries elsewhere find the price very competitive indeed. Its great to have one just to pop into town on or to ride up the coast to find a quiet beach.

The rooms are always clean, comfortable, with good air con and offered at a fair price. The cleaning service is very efficient with the staff going out of their way not to disturb you. My favourite rooms are on the ground floor by the pool, so I cna walk straight out of my room for a swim. The pool area is always kept neat and tidy and a Jacuzzi is integrated into the pool itself.

The onsite restaurant serves both thai and western dishes, all to a good standard and at reasonable prices.

I cannot recommend this place enough if you are looking for good value accommodation in Patong.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Sun Hill Hotel? Share your experiences!