Stayed here with friends in July 09. Check in was smooth, reception staff very helpful and accommodating. The rooms are good, we had twin rooms. Beds were very comfortable. Our rooms did not smell like some other reviewers so maybe we were lucky. We had a pool view room on the second floor which concerned me as I was worried about noise from the pool filtering into the room but once the balcony door was closed it was fine. The only thing with the pool view rooms is that people can see straight in and when you close the curtains the room is in total darkness. Had no problem with our airconditioning. Rooms were cleaned daily but I had a sneaking suspicion that the towels weren't replaced daily simply refolded and put back on the rack. The staff in general were very helpful and efficient. I had to contact housekeeping a couple of times for small items and an iron and they were all delivered to the room in a timely fashion.
The main pool is not as big as I would have hoped for a resort but the rooftop pool is great although there was some sort of chemical in the water that really stings the eyes. The best thing about the rooftop pool is that no one uses it. We were basically able to commandeer it for ourselves every time we went up there. Bar staff were good as well. Too many screaming kids with no adult supervision in the main pool and trying to get a seat at the swim up bar is pretty hard with all the kids there. Our fault for staying at a family hotel I suppose.
Hotel is walking distance to everything you need and want to see, 10 min to Jungceylon (Tip: they have a market on the lower ground floor that sells everything they do at OTOP and much cheaper and less spruiking). Have a drinks at some of the bars behind the OTOP Markets, it is great fun chatting with the girls. Say hello to the girls at the Koola Bar. Amy and the girls were great fun and one of the only bars in there that don't offer extras (wink wink), just cold beer. Parents would leave their kids there for the girls to entertain while they shopped.
Breakfast was pretty good, good variety and an egg station. They do pretty good poached eggs. Didn't eat at the hotel other than breakfast. Ate at Oasis just out the front which was good. A really good restaurant not far from the hotel is Song Pee Nong 2. Great food, deep fried chilli snapper is fantastic. Turn left after Cristin Massage (big purple building) and it is one of the little side streets.
Only gripe would be that on check out we were charged for using the room phone to make a call home that we thought was free because we had a toll free phone card (it was at the Hotels in Bangkok and Chiang Mai) but got charged 50B per call. When we queried it we were told that it is not the hotels charge but the Phuket phone company charge, luckily we only made a few calls.
Overall the Mercure Patong is a nice hotel. I would probably not stay there again but would recommend it to people with families definitely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All the elements of a perfect island holiday in the heart of Patong. A fantastic location - steps away from world-famous Patong beach, shopping bazaars and Phuket's bustling nightlife. Ramada Plaza Phuket Deevana brings its distinctive style and contemporary lightness to the otherwise down-to-earth Patong. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Deevana Plaza Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Patong Phuket Hotel Patong
- Accor Patong Phuket
- Deevana Plaza Phuket Patong