We just came back from 3 nights in superior pool view room. Our room was on the (top) 6th floor. I would highly suggest taking a pool view room. The Mercure is not a fancy resort so if that is what you are looking for do not stay there. It is however good value for money, especially paying in advance. It is clean, the pool area enjoyable, internet was free for us and quick.
Regardless of what floor you stay on I think there is always the possibility of corridor noise because of the concrete (rather than carpeted) floors and echoing of voices. However, this was never a major issue for us.
The pool area was lovely and there was no reserving of sun beds and no shortage of towels.
Breakfast was a bit limited, but was ok nonetheless.
The location was great being just out of the main hustle & bustle of Bangla Road, but within close enough walking distance to Bangla, Jungceylon, the beach, and Otop markets were even closer. It was great to be able to be amongst all this in a short time then escape to the hotel to recovery & enjoy a cold, cheap beer from the Seven Eleven next door.
The shower was a little “tired” and could have done with a bit of a makeover and water was varied hot and cold. The towels definitely needed replacing as they had holes & were tattered about the edges. But the rest of the room was what I would expect. The price and location more than made up for that.
On our last morning I had an hour long reflexology foot & calf massage at the hotel spa. That was just delightful after all the walking we had done the days before. An absolute bargain at 600bht (or $21.00AUD).
We arrived at 12:30pm from our previous accommodation and were able to check in straight away which was a nice surprise. Check out was also very efficient and quick.
We used their “taxi” to get to Phuket airport which cost us 950bht (it was 1000bht with the taxi mafia outside the hotel). When returning we would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All the elements of a perfect island holiday in the heart of Patong. A fantastic location - steps away from world-famous Patong beach, shopping bazaars and Phuket's bustling nightlife. Ramada Plaza Phuket Deevana brings its distinctive style and contemporary lightness to the otherwise down-to-earth Patong. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, ACCOR, Otel, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Deevana Plaza Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Patong Phuket Hotel Patong
- Accor Patong Phuket
- Deevana Plaza Phuket Patong