“Service without a smile” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Phuket Deevana

Save Saved
You added Mercure Phuket Deevana to your Saves list
Mercure Phuket Deevana
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   239-14 Raj U Thid 200 Pee Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand (Formerly Mercure Patong Phuket)   |
Ranked #126 of 262 hotels in Patong
Launceston, Australia
“Service without a smile”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We have just returned from an 8 night stay at the Mecure Patong. We paid extra for the 'M' lounge benefits. What a joke that was. Supposedly there is afternoon tea served daily in the M lounge which was included in the price. This did not happen once. We were also supposed to have a fruit basket delivered to our room on arrival. This did not happen either and when I asked the staff about it they all looked at me blankly like I was telling a lie. I showed them my booking sheet which clearly stated that it was included, they said it would be in my room after 2 pm that day, it never showed up. I didn't bother following up because no one seems to understand what I am talking about then they just lie to get rid of you.
Also it stated on our booking sheet that we had access to the library and DVD's in the "M" lounge. When we went to grab a DVD there were just a heap of empty cases with no DVD inside. I thought you must have to take the case down to reception to collect the DVD, the staff had no idea what I was talking about and said they did not have DVD's. I found the whole experience really strange.
Our room was really nice but a bit on the smelly side. We had a pool view room. We also found it very strange that long after your room is made up and serviced for the day and you think it is safe to return and have a bit of "private time" in your room that the staff come back and knock on the door, call out and then come in and stock up the fridge, all whilst we lay in bed naked covering ourselves. So weird and awkward for all involved.

The buffet breakfast was disgusting with cold, undercooked eggs. It is a food poisoning case waiting to happen. I was really annoyed about the breakfast because we paid to have it included for the entire stay. The second morning I asked to have my eggs poached (thinking they would be cooked properly and be hot) He cracked two eggs in the pot and seconds later scooped out two sloppy, practically raw eggs onto my plate. It was inedible.
For the rest of our stay we both just played it safe and had a bowl of bran, pretty expensive bowl of bran if you ask me.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

984 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Me and my partner stayed here for 10 days in January. By the second day they were doing construction work on the room right above us as we were sleeping when i called to complain they couldn't offer anything but apparently tell the construction guys to stop - WHICH THEY DIDNT. Thought I'd try the food at the hotel ordered a chicken burger (how wrong could you go on a average chicken burger?) VERY WRONG. Chicken was off cuts all sorts of brown coloured chicken bits and chewy couldn't finish it.

• Stayed January 2014
MercurePatong, General Manager at Mercure Phuket Deevana, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear LenaDaz,

Thank you for your review on Mercure Phuket Deevana viaTripadvisor. It is with great concern and regret we received your feedback outlining the problem you had with our service during your stay.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the noise during your stay, we had an incident that the balcony rail was loosed apart and for the safety reason, we need to change the whole wooden rails and really could not stop until it was finished. For the food, we had instructed to our Chef to make sure that the food come out with a proper recipe to make sure it is not happened again.

Once again thank you for choosing Mercure Phuket Deevana as your preferred hotel to stay and we wish to see you again of your next visit.

Best regards,
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

A well managed hotel a short [ 2 minute walk] inland and South of the main Patong beach area. The hotel has all one would expect, with a very attractive and large pool area. The breakfast is buffet style on the ground floor, with a variety of cooked and cold dishes, with fruit & cereals etc. The Wifi system was good, and actually being upgraded during our stay, so should be even better. The rooms have been refurbished to a more "boutique" style in an attractive style. The staff are well trained and make for an enjoyable and pleasant stay.
The hotel is some little way from the nosier areas, and as such we enjoyed a quiet nights sleep for our 3 day stay. Recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
MercurePatong, General Manager at Mercure Phuket Deevana, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Phuket Deevana. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Yours sincerely,
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Hotel and it's staff are good.though everyday our room was cleaned.. But still hotel staff needs to make sure that it's done properly .
Breakfast buffet is very good but still if some additions and changes happen every alternate day ,it will be great,for eg adding some Indian breakfast dish.
Overall I am satisfied with this place and if I visit Phuket again, I will stay at this place.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

We very much appreciate your comments during your stay at the Mercure Phuket Deevana. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback in regards to the housekeeping and breakfast dishes. Your valued comment has been passed to our F&B Manager and Housekeeping Manager to improve. Thank you again for sharing your experience and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
Executive General Manager

Been to Mercure Phuket Deevana? Share your experiences!