We have just returned from an 8 night stay at the Mecure Patong. We paid extra for the 'M' lounge benefits. What a joke that was. Supposedly there is afternoon tea served daily in the M lounge which was included in the price. This did not happen once. We were also supposed to have a fruit basket delivered to our room on arrival. This did not happen either and when I asked the staff about it they all looked at me blankly like I was telling a lie. I showed them my booking sheet which clearly stated that it was included, they said it would be in my room after 2 pm that day, it never showed up. I didn't bother following up because no one seems to understand what I am talking about then they just lie to get rid of you.
Also it stated on our booking sheet that we had access to the library and DVD's in the "M" lounge. When we went to grab a DVD there were just a heap of empty cases with no DVD inside. I thought you must have to take the case down to reception to collect the DVD, the staff had no idea what I was talking about and said they did not have DVD's. I found the whole experience really strange.
Our room was really nice but a bit on the smelly side. We had a pool view room. We also found it very strange that long after your room is made up and serviced for the day and you think it is safe to return and have a bit of "private time" in your room that the staff come back and knock on the door, call out and then come in and stock up the fridge, all whilst we lay in bed naked covering ourselves. So weird and awkward for all involved.
The buffet breakfast was disgusting with cold, undercooked eggs. It is a food poisoning case waiting to happen. I was really annoyed about the breakfast because we paid to have it included for the entire stay. The second morning I asked to have my eggs poached (thinking they would be cooked properly and be hot) He cracked two eggs in the pot and seconds later scooped out two sloppy, practically raw eggs onto my plate. It was inedible.
For the rest of our stay we both just played it safe and had a bowl of bran, pretty expensive bowl of bran if you ask me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location in central Patong City and only steps away from world-famous Patong beach, shopping center, night market, and Phuket 's bustling nightlife. Deevana Plaza Phuket Patong brings its distinctive style and contemporary lightness to the otherwise down-to-earth in Patong. With 249 tastefully appointed rooms and suites, Orientala Wellness Spa treatments, offbeat dining experience of an original Thai & International Cuisine at the Phuket Cafe in Patong area, astronomical-themed leisure activities and hi-tech meeting & seminar facilities, the Hotel is a highlight in itself - and a must-stay for individuals, couples, families and business travelers on vacation in Phuket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Deevana Plaza Phuket Patong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Patong Phuket Hotel Patong
- Accor Patong Phuket
- Deevana Plaza Phuket Patong