We just had a four day stay at the Mercure Patong:
Pro's: Great pool area and happy hour, Good location - 5 mins walk to the beach & 15 min walk to Jungceylon Shopping Centre and Bangla Rd- its nice not to be in the heart of Patong, The rooms are a good size, very clean - we were lucky enough to be upgraded to a pool view room, the staff are always happy to help.
Cons: Although our room was upgraded we still had the same musty smell that other travellers have experienced, it was quite strong and didn't dissipate over our stay but we overlooked it as the other facilities were great. The hotel corridors carried a lot of noise and we were woken most evening by guests returning home after a night of partying, Breakfast is OK - but for the price you could head next door to the Oasis Cafe or down to Cafe Siam which offer a similar brekky for 1/2 the price.
Tips: If you are a coffee lover then head to the 'Destination Hotel' (5 mins from Mercure, opposite Holiday Inn) they have a coffee machine and make a good latte, for tour bookings head to Sabai Travel next to the hotel, they were very easy to deal with and offered us some good discounts, I would recommend C&N massage (on the same road as the Mercure, past Jungceylon) as the massages were a really high standard and the staff were very professional - I would avoid Loma massage near the hotel. For a splurge meal, Sam's Steakhouse (holiday inn) is awesome, the food is delicious and the setting is romantic, and their other restaurant 'Terrezano' (on the beach) has very yummy, reasonably priced Italian food.
All in all it was a good stay, and really good value for money- I would definitely recommend it to friends and couples.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Patong Phuket Hotel Patong
- Mercure Patong Phuket Hotel
- Accor Patong Phuket
- Mercure Patong
- Mercure Phuket Deevana Patong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Phuket, the unforgettable Mercure Patong Phuket is just 5 min from Patong Beach and the popular night bazaar and shopping precinct. Convenient and comfortable, this modern 4 star resort hotel offers great value. Ideal for a weekend leisure getaway or family holiday, the hotel features 249 rooms, an inspired restaurant, three bars, two swimming pools, spa, massage, fitness centre and kids club. State of the art business centre and conference facilities ideal for corporate guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, ACCOR, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Mercure Phuket Deevana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.