“Rotten experience all around!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Patong Paradee Resort

You added Patong Paradee Resort to your Saves list
Patong Paradee Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Prachanukhro Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand (Formerly Family Inn Hotel)   |
Ranked #241 of 286 Hotels in Patong
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Rotten experience all around!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

On arrival the extremely rude lady behind the desk demanded that I pay my entire bill, even though I had already paid via Asia rooms some 5 weeks before. Then told that my room was not available and we had to move to another hotel. Then 2000 Baht was demanded for a room key deposit - no cards accepted - cash only. Room 104 almost zero natural light, only window was approximately 8 inches wide. One day later, I was presented with a credit card receipt which I was again asked to pay. Sensibly, I refused otherwise I would have ended up paying twice (USD$70 a night is frankly a joke for this place). All up,a thoroughly depressing few days in a resort that is normally a lot of fun.

I have travelled to 65 countries and never felt compelled to write a poor review - says it all about Patong Paradee I guess...

Room Tip: Avoid 104 at all costs
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Indonesian first
Gauteng
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This was my 4th time travelling to Phuket and I was never this unhappy as I were on 17 November 2013 upon arriving at the Patong Paradee Resort. The reception area consisted of fold up desks and dilapidated wooden chairs. The lady was extremely rude and demanded a 1000Baht or $100 deposit per room which we had to pay immediately. We were not informed of this by our travel agent.

Then we were informed of all the rules and regulations around the pool area which was located next to a polluted river – the smell was unbearable. We couldn’t even have our own cold drinks at the pool without obtaining permission from the hotel manager first. I mean really!!!

There were only six chairs next to the pool. We were a group of six so if other guests occupied the chairs before us there was no space for us next to the pool. I suppose we could have moved to the reception area which was located directly next to the pool. Gmf.

All the balcony's we cracked and were "decorated" with dirty plastic chairs.

Also, the chairs in front of the hotel was in dreadful condition. Only 4 seats so if you are six people, you sit on the floor. Not really what one would expect from any hotel.

We then decided to seek alternative accommodation for we could not see ourselves spending 10 days of our well deserved holiday in that dump!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

"Phuket, Patong is beautiful place a must visit, but don't spoil your holiday & mood booking this hotel room.. Mostly covered & dark rooms with absolutely no street view.. Rooms are poorly maintanied, shower does not work properly even after a repair, Beware of Cockroaches & Mosquitoes in the room and Front Office Manager (lady) at the Reception area.. Wify connectivity was the only good thing about a this hotel..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Only attraction I found was that it's near to Patong Beach and rooms are neat. Everything else is normal and nothing great. Mostly rooms are covered, so less street view, but we were out most of the time so it really didn't matter.. Overall good stay near to patong for a best deal..

• Stayed December 2012
Khao Lak, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We booked 2 rooms at this hotel and I can say that the room is okay, its big and the AC is working well fine. The problems we have in this room is the toilet, the hot water is not consistent, sometimes it's very hot and sometimes its not working well.

The problem on the hotel is the location/setting, other's say it's close to bangla or jungceylon no it's not, but they have a cheap transportation though. One warning though don't open the balcony. cause the smell of the river is really strong, and it was raining so i wonder how will be the smell during sunny day i bet its gonna be so stinky!

Ohhh the staff also are not that friendly, i don't know if they had bad experiences with other guest,but they must be more friendly to us, we are good people. :)
But this hotel will be a good choice, if you have a car and also if you just plan to sleep here not relax.

Room Tip: choose the second category room, and ask to be located on the building with the lift. hahaha
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Phillip Island, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed at deluxe room in 8.floor, elevator only available for 7th floor, very clean and well furnished room, reception is very friendly , 6 mins to beach, 15-20 mins walking to Jungceylon mall & bangla road, easy to sleep , 10mt to seven eleven, single negative point is hotel is next to the river, choose your room at 7th or 8th floor.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

I had a pleasant 4 day stay here. Rooms were fine. Good aircon, ideal location, nice pool. Decent food available. After coming back from a diving accident into the hotel 1 member of staff went above and beyond the call of duty to help me while I was lying on a subbed unable to walk. He brought me ice for my swollen knee before going out to buy tiger balm and various other medical items to clean up my mangled foot. I've stayed in some hugely expensive world renowned hotels that wouldn't go this far out to help a guest and for that I am very grateful to this lovely man.
Unfortunatly now for the downsides. Hotel is next to a sewage and waste stream so fairly unpleasant smell outside. Check in/out staff are rude especially the women which was a little disappointing. My diamond ring my father had given me was stolen from my room and the hotel did nothing to try to help or sort this out. Luckily I have insurance and my room was locked with a do not disturb sign on but still cleaned and ring taken.

Aside from this. Good hotel for location and price.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Patong Paradee Resort? Share your experiences!