“Don't ruin your Experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Patong Paradee Resort

You added Patong Paradee Resort to your Saves list
Patong Paradee Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Prachanukhro Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand (Formerly Family Inn Hotel)   |
Ranked #231 of 278 Hotels in Patong
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Don't ruin your Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Well first of all, we booked this hotel over the net at least a week prior to our arrival and, for a nice surprise arriving we got a very cranky receptionist that informed us that they had no rooms available, " excuse me????" was my response as I booked trough web Asia and they confirmed the booking and was also paid for an "superior room including breakfast" so after been ignored and tried to talk with someone else after trying to show the "lovely" lady my booking confirmation, we got our room, which was ok, no windows though and very dark! Ok then let's have a good time and forget about all this! Shower time and we just found out the shower was clogged and we had to stop the shower every 2 seconds to avoid disaster!! So we were all let's by a drink and have fun!! So we bought some beers and went to the bar to kindly ask if they could borrow us an beer opener and the answer was ohhh go to seven11 is just $70 there!! Wow!! Ok could u open this one? They did with the same lovely service as before!! So when I got my second beer and walk to the bar to ask to get my beer opened again the answer was! Ohhh you again? If you wanna your beer opened is $5 WTF? Seriously?? They are the rudest people, had no spare toilet roll in the room which I didn't bother asking for another one knowing what kind of answer I was gonna get!! Seriously? You might find a tempt deal on the net for this hotel, also don't fall for the lovely pics because they are not accurate! Please run! Before you get as cranky as their staff!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Indonesian first
Caloundra, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We made our booking through a reputable on line booking site in August 2012 for a Deluxe room with a balcony overlooking the pool.A Visa charge of AU$521.05 was applied at that time . We received a booking confirmation then.When we arrived for our 5 night stay on 27/2/13 we were ushered into reception, seated and had our passports photocopied.The lass said there was a problem with our booking, but they had upgraded us to another hotel up the road which included breakfast.We were handed an undated letter address to us(the letter was already typed)as they offered an apology. We were then driven to another hotel which was further away from Patong Beach.The hotel was okay but the room /location was not one we would ourselves select.Whinges? Yes, we had arranged 3 daily tours with 3 different operators which meant we had to contact each one to alter our pick up arrangements.Patong Paradee Resort didn't Email or text us to advise. This would have given us the option of booking elsewhere.We have a belief that our booking was forfeited in favour of a block booking.We believe also that PPR likely made money as a consequence but how can we prove it? We have taken the matter up with the on line bookig people and we await their response

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Taipei
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I was only staying overnight visiting friends. The website photos are misleading. I really feel sorry for those people who booked this ugly place and spent $$$ on a flight to come here for vacation.
While some rooms don't have windows those that do have one don't have any view unless you call "that" a view.. just look at my pics and you will know what I mean. Avoid by any means.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

When we arrived at the hotel the room they gave us was very small with no balcony, not the room I had booked at all. The reception said we could change to another room in 2 days, the one they were offering was even worse. I immediately checked out and went to a better hotel.

I lost all the money I had paid in advance but I could not stay at this hotel.

Rob .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Pune
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

No one wants to greet you at the reception when you check in/check out. Couple of times they spoke with me even without looking at me and kept on chatting with a friend on Facebook sitting at reception.
One of the buildings doesn't have elevators, Many rooms (209 and 309 for sure) doesn't have windows as well. OK, though I wont be spending much time sitting in hotel room but having good view always helps.

Few good things about this hotels are, its close to beach (10 mins walk), shopping street, market with Chemist, currency exchange etc..

Room Tip: Always make sure you do not get the room without windows, rooms 209 and 309 are such rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
The World
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I need to start by putting this review into perspective... As a person who has stayed in places from "campgrounds" in third world countries to the Burj Al Arab in Dubai and some even better, in 42 different countries (my travel map does not show all my destinations) I have the ability to evaluate things at different levels and at different price ranges while keeping things realistic... Most people may not understand the value vs. what they have paid... In other words was that $3000 USD per night suite worth all that money or what did I get for my $28 USD per night (low season rate) for 5 nights here at Patong Paradee Resort..?

The answer to that question is I got a lot more than what I paid for... Back in February this year I stayed at one of the more popular hotels in Patong and paid almost 3 x's more the price... This was without breakfast and substandard service for the price I paid or even substandard at $28 USD ...So, at $28 USD, I got a lot... To include an excellent location, breakfast, a very clean and good room and very good service..!

The location is perfect for those that want to be close to everything but not in the middle of it all... Patong is a location that has it all and is very convenient as just about everything is within walking distance... The beach is about 2.5 km long... The area that has most of what you will do is about 2000m x 800 m... Patong Paradee Resort is located about 220 m from the beach at the very south end of the beach... This is the quieter end and puts you a 5-20 minute walk from most points of interest to include Jungceylon Shopping Center and Bangla Road where most of the night life is... The area in the center of Patong is extremely noisy from about anytime after it gets dark till morning... So, if you like it quiet or are traveling with family this is something to keep in mind..!

The hotel it self was built in 2 different phases that we will call old and new, built on 2 sides (in the shape of an "L") of a small but very clean and nice swimming pool... All of the common areas were clean... The lobby is an open air type with staff on hand 24/7...

I will speak about the "Deluxe Rooms" as this is the type of room that I had as well as 2 other people traveling with me in another "Deluxe Room"... These are located in the new phase of the hotel which has an elevator/lift to all floors... The room was very clean and everything worked properly... The bathroom was a good size and was fairly modern with the wall between the bathroom and bedroom being mostly glass with louvers for privacy... Most "3-4 Star" hotels in S.E. Asia are like this... The room itself was well big enough for a family with 1 kid... It had a built in sofa bench at the window... The balcony was big enough for 2 chairs and most useful for drying out the beach stuff... The TV was a medium sized flat screen... A small fridge was in the room and kept things very cold... The standard "room safe" was inside the sliding closet (another review on here said that the bell boy sets the code for you... This is not true if you actually listen to the bell boy... He just demos it for you with a code and then you follow the same procedure to set your own code as he suggested)... Absolutely no complaints about the room even if I had paid 2x's more..!

The breakfast area is on ground level and has more than enough seating... First thing by the entrance is where you can order eggs as you like or even an omelet (fillings available: onion, tomato, pepper and chicken sausage)... Then there is a small hot buffet area with 5-6 different things... Next to that is your selection for cold and hot beverages... Then you have an area with breakfast cereal and different kinds of bread with a few toasters and some butter and jam... At $28 USD a night it was better than expected... If you are 2 adults and a kid it is an even better value at the same price..!

I found the service to be excellent at this price point or even if the price were 2-3 x's more (keep in mind what I said in my first paragraph)... As a person that travels as much as I do and Phuket being a repeat destination at 2 times a year, I do not need much assistance as the usual 1st time visitor but on a few other special requests and some logistics issues the hotel's Assistant General Manager, Saichon Yathip (Chony) was extremely helpful and her English was very good... Many hotels assume that it is your first time in Puhket and most likely your last... Most do not think about you as a repeat visitor... I did not get this feeling from the hotel staff or "Chony" who also road to the Airport with me and the 2 others traveling with me who stayed in another Deluxe Room... She was very interested in talking about my previous visits and experiences in Phuket..!

For the best price and transportation options from the Airport to Hotel, check out their website... Their website also clearly states "with breakfast"... Other normal travel sites did not... The other bonus is that if done this way the room is not paid for until arrival... Your credit card number is only given as a guarantee for the reservation... If you do not show or do not properly cancel then you can figure out the rest..!

So, being a regular repeat visitor to Phuket... I can truly say that the "Chony" and her staff will see me again on my next trip to Phuket sometime in the next 6 months... This will be my normal "Go-To" hotel when staying in Patong..!

www.patongparadeeresort.com
Phone: +66 7634 9935, +66 7634 0051

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

This my recent experience at patong paradee in brief , failed to pick up at airport the room was small and the hotel had no hot water for a shower. The main thing problem though was the bed I like a firm matress but this one was like prison hard . The ac blows directly on the bed , even though it's at the end of patong it's still noisy .Finally the woman on the desk was just unpleasent and unhelpful .Its hard to find a positive regarding our stay maybe the square pressed sandwich ham for breakfast maybe...

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Patong Paradee Resort? Share your experiences!