“Daniel and the boys make you feel at home!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club One Seven Phuket

You added Club One Seven Phuket to your Saves list
Club One Seven Phuket
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   9/9-10 Prachanukroh Road | Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #6 of 338 Patong B&B and Inns
Balham, London
“Daniel and the boys make you feel at home!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

My partner and I booked this hotel for 12 nights over the first two weeks of February based on the hospitality offered to us during our last stay in Patong when we had booked somewhere nearby but used the Club One Seven gym and PCs for access. On this basis we booked with confidence for our second stay in Phuket.
Upon arrival the main difference is the new restaurant/bar front built into the enterance. It gives the hotel a whole new dimension and is obviously bringing in passing trade as it seemed busy most evenings. We tried the restaurant twice during our stay and the food is very good and very competitively priced. An inclusive breaksfast is served for patrons and there was a good range of choice. The guys have very wisely decided you can order at any part of the day, which was never before lunch time with us party animals!
The next positive thing to praise, as is the common theme in reviews of this venue, is the friendly and supportive nature of Daniel, Mack and all of the boys at the hotel (an earlier review suggests the boys are Burmese? Surely not, having met enough of them working the beach area). These guys do a great job. They even left a cake on our bed on Valentines Day, which was most appreciated.
The rooms were fine for what we paid. Security seems, well, secure. The aircon was good and the rooms were spotless on arrival and cleaned daily. The bed was a touch hard but my partner could sleep on top of a gravel truck without complaining and I don't think I noticed it after I 'man-upped' a few nights into the holiday.
There is a functional air conditioned gym which has just enough equipment to keep us gym bunnies happy. It could have done with not being used for towel and blanket storage but I assume that is a sign of how little use the facility gets from guests.
Yes there are downsides and the obsevant among you will have picked up the thread regarding the river behind the hotel. There is no beating about the bush and not a lot Club One Seven can do about it, but it does stink. It is an outlet which is nothing more than an open sewer and all of the hotels along the bank must wish monsoon season would come every night and wash it clean. We tried a few lazy days around the pool (which is fine and gets the sun until around 4pm before the building shades it) but there is nothing to protect you from the smell. One other small gripe regarding the variety of the continental breakfast option(basically toast)is that it could do with something like coissants or something not to get it done under the trades description act. You can assume by the pedantic note about breakfast that there was little else to critisise!
All in all we had a great stay and we certainly would use this hotel again if we return to Phuket.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Lubeck, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

The reasons why I always liked to stay at Club one seven was the very personal and warm heart atmosphere of the place, especially during my first stay end of 2007.

Last December when I returned to that place for a third time, I was given the message: “Give us your passport, get your key, go to your room, order many beverages, order food every day, then please pay and off you go….”

Although I have to admit that the Burmese houseboys are still very friendly, attentive and helpful. Also Maak is doing a very proper reception job.

The deluxe room already looks a bit run down, but the boys did a proper cleaning job every day.

The cook in the restaurant does a very good food and the beverages are okay.

Due to furbishing activities the garden has become too small, so it’s no fun to stay at the very tiny pool.

But I never had that clear feeling before that the attention everybody pays to you is not very personal especially when your age is over 55.

The subtle message given to you during the whole stay: “order, stay, pay and go”…

All right: I got the message, I paid and left after the end of my stay…

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Club17Phuket, General Manager at Club One Seven Phuket, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
On behalf of the team here in Phuket, I would like to send you our sincere apology. I personally felt depressed and demoralized to hear that you had such a bad feeling during your last trip here in Phuket.
There is absolutely no excuses on our side, that our guests do not feel being at home here at Club One Seven. Our goal has always been to offer all of our guests, the ultimate home away from home.
I promise you that we take all comments and ratings seriously. I'm so sorry if we have let you down, or even hurt your feelings in any ways.
We will try our best, and will keep trying, to make sure all of you will consider us as your home away from home here in Phuket.
Yours Sincerely,
Daniel - The Inn Keeper.
Athens, Greece
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

In my opinion this could be a nice place, but a lot needs to be done on the hardware. The software seems ok. Staff in friendly and helpful.
Restaurant is ok and air-conditioned. Breakfast is very basic but ok.
The rooms are clean but need to be better maintained. The mattress was a bit hard but we did not find this uncomfortable. The aircon was ok, a bit loud tough.
The pool looks nice but is very small and the water is very sour tasting. It makes your eyes hurt. The ph levels must be unsuitable for swimming. Also the edges of the pool are very dirty and need to be cleaned. The jacuzzi is not working and dirty, just like the pool beds who also need to be upgraded. But the worst is the smell of small stinking river behind the hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

I second the generally very positive reviews already on this site about Club One Seven Patong Beach. We are grateful to a Bangkok-based friend, an American expat, who recommended it to us. We found the proprietor Daniel very, very accommodating and eager to help; his manger substitute around when Daniel was away also very helpful and capable. Daniel recommended a day tour of the sea islands with a boat's guide who turned out to be quite a colorful character. Snorkling was wonderful! Waitstaff At Club One Seven lovely young people all very eager to be good hosts. I'd give this guesthouse 5 stars for the value. My room 201 I'd ask for again for excellent AC, plenty of room for my single status in the room, balcony, quietness and mountain view. I hated Patong Beach itself, not having been prepared for the masses of crass Aussie and Russian tourists overcrowding the place and the honky tonk character of the tourist strips, so Club One Seven became our refuge, in the middle of the madding crowd.

Room Tip: Ask for a room such as 201 facing away from the street, with a nice view of the mountains and a stre...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Oxfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

My partner and I stayed at this hotel over the New Year period and thoroughly enjoyed our time there. The manager and his staff were all very friendly and could not do enough for us, nothing was a problem. Our room was spotlessly clean and every amenity provided. We made the mistake of eating out on three occasions. The quality of the hotel food surpassed anything we had outside.

We would wholeheartedly recommend Cluboneseven Phuket and will certainly return again soon.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

My friend and I stayed at Club One Seven for 5 nights.  While not an elaborate 5 star resort, the place is incredibly comfortable and the staff took care of everything we needed. Breakfast (included in the room rate) was simple but good, the room was always cleaned properly, and actually the entire place is spotlessly clean. We used the hotel to arrange our airport transport as well as a tour to Phi Phi, all of which was hassle-free. There are many companies offering speed boat tours to Phi Phi but the hotel recommended one that they knew and that they said they had never had complaints about

Although this is a gay hotel, I'm sure it would be comfortable for straight people, and I would recommend it to any of my friends. The staff are mostly cute Thai boys who are very quiet but friendly and always have a smile. Thanks to the staff at Club One Seven for taking such good care of us!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012 via mobile

This was my third stay, and I will definitely go back. The staff really are excellent, nothing is ever too much trouble.

The food is very good, breakfast is included and some days we didn't take it until 3 or 4 pm and it was fine to take it so late. The group I was traveling with ate dinner there often too and as a vegetarian it was very easy and tasty.

Nicely air conditioned, so it seems to be quite popular with non-guests who walk by and come in just to dine.

• Stayed December 2011

Been to Club One Seven Phuket? Share your experiences!