My partner and I booked this hotel for 12 nights over the first two weeks of February based on the hospitality offered to us during our last stay in Patong when we had booked somewhere nearby but used the Club One Seven gym and PCs for access. On this basis we booked with confidence for our second stay in Phuket.
Upon arrival the main difference is the new restaurant/bar front built into the enterance. It gives the hotel a whole new dimension and is obviously bringing in passing trade as it seemed busy most evenings. We tried the restaurant twice during our stay and the food is very good and very competitively priced. An inclusive breaksfast is served for patrons and there was a good range of choice. The guys have very wisely decided you can order at any part of the day, which was never before lunch time with us party animals!
The next positive thing to praise, as is the common theme in reviews of this venue, is the friendly and supportive nature of Daniel, Mack and all of the boys at the hotel (an earlier review suggests the boys are Burmese? Surely not, having met enough of them working the beach area). These guys do a great job. They even left a cake on our bed on Valentines Day, which was most appreciated.
The rooms were fine for what we paid. Security seems, well, secure. The aircon was good and the rooms were spotless on arrival and cleaned daily. The bed was a touch hard but my partner could sleep on top of a gravel truck without complaining and I don't think I noticed it after I 'man-upped' a few nights into the holiday.
There is a functional air conditioned gym which has just enough equipment to keep us gym bunnies happy. It could have done with not being used for towel and blanket storage but I assume that is a sign of how little use the facility gets from guests.
Yes there are downsides and the obsevant among you will have picked up the thread regarding the river behind the hotel. There is no beating about the bush and not a lot Club One Seven can do about it, but it does stink. It is an outlet which is nothing more than an open sewer and all of the hotels along the bank must wish monsoon season would come every night and wash it clean. We tried a few lazy days around the pool (which is fine and gets the sun until around 4pm before the building shades it) but there is nothing to protect you from the smell. One other small gripe regarding the variety of the continental breakfast option(basically toast)is that it could do with something like coissants or something not to get it done under the trades description act. You can assume by the pedantic note about breakfast that there was little else to critisise!
All in all we had a great stay and we certainly would use this hotel again if we return to Phuket.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club One Seven Phuket is a boutique guesthouse and cafe/restaurant well located in Patong Beach, Phuket, Thailand. Club One Seven Phuket is your perfect base for exploring the many charms and activities available in Phuket. It has everything you would desire in a vacation, from pure comfort and relaxation to great adventures and lively night-life. Hailed by former guests as "home away from home" , Club One Seven Phuket is gay owned and gay managed. All are welcome to this GLBT oriented accommodation, but you need to be gay friendly! Club One Seven Phuket has a newly landscaped pool garden located by the riverside, a Gym and Fitness Center, and Free WIFI and high speed Internet access throughout. It is conveniently located, in a quiet and hassle-free area of Patong, near boutique art galleries. We are just 300 meters to the renowned Patong Beach, with easy access to Karon and Kata beaches, popular discos and bars, Simon Cabaret, shopping malls, Paradise Complex and many other diverse entertainment opportunities for all lifestyles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Club One Seven Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club One Seven Phuket Hotel Patong
- Club 1 7 Phuket
- Club One Seven Phuket Patong