“Beautiful Oasis in the Heart of Patong” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Phawadee Village

You added Royal Phawadee Village to your Saves list
Royal Phawadee Village
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   3 Sawatdirak Road | Patong Beach, Kathu, Phuket, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #104 of 283 Hotels in Patong
Union, New Jersey
“Beautiful Oasis in the Heart of Patong”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed at the Royal Phawadee for the first 7 nights and last 3 nights of my October trip to Southeast Asia. This is the second time I have stayed there (other members of my party stayed at cheaper alternatives). Being in the heart of Patong everything is with in walking distance, with the exception of day trips to other beaches (Kata has always been my favorite). The staff here is excellent and always very helpful and smiling. The rooms are always clean and the beds are some of the most comfortable I've slept in during my time in Southeast Asia. I love this hotel and will continue to stay there in future trips to Phuket.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
travelpro123
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I had this hotel booked online and paid probably more than I should have. But where in the West can you get such a beautiful, peaceful, and quiet setting in a central location for less than $100? The reception is excellent, they gave me two suites to choose from, I decided to go with the room further into the courtyard. The buildings are traditional wooden Thai style, very beautiful. My room was nice and tastefully appointed. I had some issues logging into their Wifi, but a resident computer guru took care of that in a fast and very professional manner. The breakfast bar is excellent. In this price range my only additional requests would be for a bathrobe in the room and a copy of The Nation newspaper at the breakfast terrace.

Room Tip: Not in the main building, parallel to the street.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights and although I was sick for half of that time, I am glad I was at this hotel as it provide some peace from the chaos of Patong.

The environment is nice and lush, beautiful wooden buildings give a lovely traditional style feel. The room was large and everything worked well except one closet door that was a bit hard to close.

The staff were semi friendly, though when I did check out there was no pleasant goodbye or anything, just felt a bit cold.

I would recommend the hotel to those who want something a bit different and a place to escape the craziness of Patong.

Though for me I won't likely be back as I found Patong too dirty and too many rude people constantly harassing me. Not my idea of a holiday.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I find it hard to reconcile the current state of the hotel with past glowing reviews on Tripadvisor. I travel a lot and find this property hard to recommend to anyone in its current state which resembles an eccentric uncle's country home. It is undergoing renovation now and my review is valid as of late September.

Positives:
- good location 12 minute walk from Bangla and 5 minutes from beach
- lots of garden space
- felt safe
- reasonable minibar prices

Negatives (some examples):
- hotel pickup did not show up at airport, even worse, no apology offered after waiting 20 minutes and I took a taxi
- grounds are a mess with old fixtures, trash and furniture stacked up haphazardly
- breakfast was appalling with flies hovering in droves over open fruit and staff standing around chatting (not a sign of professionalism)
- my view from the balcony was of their laundry room open to full view!
- gym had rusting equipment, no towels or any amenities (I had to open the wooden lock myself and switch on the a/c at 9am)
- when I checked out after a day, I was presented a bill with a minibar item on it (70bht); when I said I have not consumed anything, I was told "wait, let us check your room" followed by talk in Thai, several ledgers checked, while I waited like a criminal before the judge.

Overall I just don't get the sense of a professionally run operation. There are better options in the vicinity for the same price

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Munich, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The hotel ambience is very beautiful with a pretty swimming pool and a lot of greenery and very artistically done interiors which give a feeling of having stumbled upon something really exotic. Also the location is very good, close to the beach and the happening places. But our room was disappointing - it was too small and congested. Almost 95 percent of the room was taken up by the bed. Also the bathroom was very non modern. So overall I would say that the hotel is not worth the money.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The location of the hotel is excellent , close to the Patong beach ,bangla street and popular shopping malls .Even though the restaurants in the hotel is average -may be the restaurants were not fully functional ,there are lot of options to dine around . The hotel has lot of greenery , as if staying inside an orchard and pretty quiet . Really enjoyed and stay and would recommend for couples . The breakfast is not so great ..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed there for 3 days while visiting some of the Islands. The experience was very pleasant, our cottage had its own veranda facing the garden. You can just sit outside and read a book all day, so relaxing. Its location is perfect, right next to the beach and the busy streets that are full of yummy seafood restaurants.. We are planning to go back there for our xmas break.
Please note, its not the 5 star luxury resort but really makes u feel relaxed as you are surrounded by nature.

Room Tip: Take the deluxe room, its like a little cottage that has a very specious bathroom and its own entran...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Royal Phawadee Village? Share your experiences!