“Nice Patong Hotel to Relax” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments

You added BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments to your Saves list
BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5/28 Haad Patong Road | Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #1 of 278 Hotels in Patong
5.0 of 5 stars 1,166 Reviews
Dubai
“Nice Patong Hotel to Relax”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This a decent Patong hotel, with good amenities, well trained staff, a decent breakfast; restaurant is nice as well. Stayed in S101, opposite the main building, ground floor suite kitchen and living room was spacious, with a nice patio - however the bedroom and bathroom seemed to have been put in as an afterthought... the closet is squished in the corner, and the bathroom is tiny with a shower only. If you want to be in Patong it may be an option, but as most people have said, it is a walk to major 'areas' of Patong - they do offer their hotel Mercedes for 200bht, which is not bad, and plenty of motorbike taxis around - though i never tried either... I had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to hear of your recent stay with us.
I am extremely proud of our staff as well as our product and it makes my day when I receive enthusiastic feedback from our guests.

Maybe we can suggest you may choose our Grand Deluxe rooms on you next stay with us as they have very spacious bathrooms, we try to maximise the space of our apartments and sometimes we need to give more priority to living area and kitchens, as construction wise was possible.

We would love to welcome you on your next visit and finally it's great to read that you had a pleasant stay with us.

Alex Bresssers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Beautiful rooms, very modern and done with great taste. Great facilities in the room. Very comfortable bed! Lovely original paintings on the walls. Excellent lighting and air-conditioning. All the staff were very friendly, helpful and efficient. The buffet breakfast is delicious and the coffee the best in Patong. The bar and restaurant are very pleasant. The hotel Mercedes is a delight!

A few slightly negative comments: it's a pity the pool is shaded from the sun due to the tall building next door; one day I had a very long wait for eggs at breakfast; one day my room was not made up until after 5pm. But these are very minor comments compared to the overall wonderful experience.

Room Tip: It appears that booking direct ensures the best rooms. I personally booked through Agoda.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for all of your kind words.

We were very pleased to be at your service and are proud to have enjoyed your company.

I am so grateful to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay with us! I will certainly share your comments with my team.

I will address your comment to our housekeeping, but i'm truly please to read that this were minors to your overall wonderful experience here at our BYD Lofts.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our BYD Lofts hotel in the very near future !

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

There is nothing negative that I can say about BYD Lofts, its staff and management. We had a few very minor issues with our room however these were rectified within in minutes! (literally) of us reporting the problem. Nothing was too much trouble and the apartment was spotlessly clean and beautifully maintained. The restaurant provides outstanding quality food at very reasonable prices and I can personally say that there isn't a bad thing on the menu - we ate there 9 out of the 10 nights we stayed. They also have a good wine and imported bear list. One tip - reserve a table if you want a particular seat or have a big group. On Valentines Day we saw at least 20 people turned away. The rooftop pool is a little small but it was refreshingly cool after swimming in tepid Patong beach and there was always room when we went up there. I cannot imagine staying anywhere else than at BYD lofts on my future visits to Patong.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taken your valuable time to write this great and kind review.

We were more than happy to be at your service and are proud to have enjoyed your company.

I am very pleased to hear your comments about your recent stay.

I'm happy to read that the few minors were solved within minutes, there always something can happen anywhere, for us it's more important to get them solved immediately !

We are very pleased with your kind words that our rooms / apartments are spotless clean and beautifully maintained, as for our restaurant we are doing indeed extremely well, and
it's a pleasure to read that you had so many great and outstanding meals, with very reasonable prices.

As our restaurant buy the wines direct from our wine shop located on our ground-floor we can sell them in our restaurant for very low prices ( start 450 Baht ) that you hardly will fine any were in Phuket.
The reason is that we don't mark-up our wines, only a little cork charge !

I realize that you have many choices for hotel accommodations while visiting Phuket and I am honored to hear that the BYD Lofts will be your first choice upon your next trip to Patong Beach

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Beijing, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This Hotel reminds me of the "W" chain in the Starwood Group.. very clean, artistic, lots of space.. but not entirely functional. Here are some bulletpoints while they are fresh in our minds:

- what bothered us most was that there was no curtain on one side of the bedroom - the bathroom area in the bedroom only had very loose wooden slats - e.g., venetian blinds. We were on the 5th floor and the bedroom faced East so every morning around 0630 - the sun would come and shine on us in all of Thailand's tropical glory.. wonderful if you have to get up for school - but not so good for sleeping in on vacation. We were not happy with this aspect. Make sure your bedroom does not get too much light early in the morning.

- the shower is "naked" to the bedroom and living room - in other words - there is no privacy curtain - only a glass wall between you and someone in the bedroom... nice for couples most of the time - but sometimes one wants a bit of privacy...

- the "annex" building across the street iwhere we stayed s definately "less" of an experience than being in the main building - you are away from the pool and they are still working out some issues in the new building.

- the electricity went out - completely - three times during our stay - we called the front desk and they would state that they were going to call an engineer and the power would come back on.. clearly there is a bit of a "trip" somewhere.

- the matterss was a bit uncomfortable... a woke up sore in the mornings and my wife complained even more about the mattress.

- the apartment lights are somewhat difficult and counterintuitive to figure out. Its hard to only havea few lights on or have them dimmed. Once is either in bright daylight or darkness until one gets the hang of the place.

- the beach is a "long" 150 meters away - a bit of a hot walk...

- it can be a bit noisy at night with the scooters if you get a room facing the main little street.. rooms on the back of the main building looked quieter...

There are some excellent points which bolster my "average" rating to 4 stars...

- the staff are fantastic - without question.
- the rooms are beautiful.
- the restaurant is fantastic - we ate at least four times.. one of the best hotel restaurants ever...
- the prices are very good for the service we get....

We just would have had a better time if they had something arranged to block out the sun in the mornings.. sleeping in is good on vacations.

Room Tip: Get a room in the main building... and where the bedroom is not facing East.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear RT,

Thank you for you valuable time to write your honest feedback and I am saddened to hear that we did not succeed in making your stay flawless. Our level of service is often ranked highly by our guests.

As we are a boutique hotel our only goal is to met all our guest expectations.

Some people are early birds, and some people like to sleep in on their holidays, therefore we have different room types to try to honour all our guests requires, if you would have contacted our front office
of our hotel manager they absolute would have been very please to give you another room that would have met your desires.

In regards to our mattresses, they are firm , and if you are used to sleep on a softer mattress we have tend cards on the night tables to request a pillow top for a more comfortable sleep.

Your feedback is vital in our strive to continuously improve the guest experience here at the BYD Lofts.

I understand that you have many choices of hotels in Phuket and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to allow you to experience the luxurious treatment that you deserve upon your next visit.

We are very pleased to read that our rooms are beautiful, that our restaurant is fantastic, that our prices are very good and that our team is fantastic without any question , i'm please to share your thoughts with all of them.

Again, thank you for your honest thoughts. I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Kind regards,

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I can see why this place has such a high rating and it absolutely delivered to my expectations. This is the only place i will stay in Patong in the future. Great location - 5 minutes walk from the beach, but very quiet, removed from the noise. Restaurant was great as well. Immaculately clean and up-to-date room and furnishings, great A/C, good water pressure, well stocked minibar and a coffee maker in the room.

Dear Jeremy,

Thank you for your kind remarks.and we are very grateful that we could met your expectations. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our Grand Deluxe room, as well as our location. It is wonderful to know that our luxury accommodations have become your new favorite place at Patong Beach and I will be sure to share your feedback with my team. It was our great pleasure to serving you !

We look forward to serve you again in the not to far distance !

With Kind regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is my second review for this hotel as I have now stayed there twice.

You can see my first review here: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g297930-d642305-r129019304-BYD_Lofts_Boutique_Hotel_Serviced_Apartments-Patong_Phuket.html

Everything in my original review still applies.

Staff
All the staff are extremely friendly and will go the extra mile to ensure to are having a good stay. It is common in Thailand that you get service with a smile, however at BYD you get a sense they are being really genuine and want to do all they can to enjoy your stay.

Every day after coming back from the beach, the parking attendants would ensure a space was available for me and assist me in parking (I hire a car as I like to travel around Phuket and visit some of the quieter beaches outside of Patong, but Patong beach is a short walk away).
I would then walk into reception where the staff would have a big smile and ask about my day. This is a typical example of the service you can expect at BYD.

Housekeeping are all very good, and would even often be waiting with clean beach towels for me when I left in the morning (sometimes the afternoon!) to go to the beach. They keep the apartments clean and they clean all day (until about 4 I think) and so don't bother you with trying to clean your room if your are still inside (even if you forget to put the do not disturb on). When you go out, they notice (maybe reception calls them) so even if you pop out for a short time, you often come back and they have cleaned or are finishing up.

All the food in the hotel is excellent, and is not expensive and is better than a lot of the restaurants in Patong. I love the garlic and herb butter they give you with your bread! They have a good room service menu, which is great if you just fancy eating in your apartment. My only feedback which I gave to the restaurant one night, was that I ordered the sesame seared tuna starter followed by a steak one night, but the tuna was so big I couldn't eat all the steak. They gave me a box to take the leftovers upstairs, which I put in the fridge and heated in the microwave after I got back after going out.

Apartments
They really are a home from home, which all the mod cons including TVs in the living room and bedroom, iPod surround sound system docking station, fast internet, fridge freezer, oven, microwave, dimmable lighting (with different pre-sets for ambiance).
They are styled in a modern contemporary style, with modern bathrooms. I’m buying a new apartment in London, which is currently being built and I plan to copy a lot of their styles as I love it. You can see all this in the photos and 360 views though.

Extras
As mentioned before they will go the extra mile to look after you. On my last day I wasn’t flying out until 10pm and as the hotel was full, they couldn’t offer me a late checkout, however they kept all my luggage whilst I went to the beach for the day and they have a shower room near reception you can use to clean up before leaving. When I got back from the beach, they got my bags out for the things I needed and provided a set of clean fresh towels for me to use.

Negatives
They aren’t any for me really, the only downside to this hotel is that it is not right on the beach (less than 5 minute walk though), but that does mean there aren’t any rooms with sea views.

Overall
I can’t rate this hotel enough and recommend it to anyone planning a stay in Patong.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Matt,

Thank you for you're valuable time to write your amazing, charming and extensive review of your stay at our BYD Lofts Hotel,

We are always especially pleased to read great feedback from our regular guests and their recommendations.

BYD Lofts hotel luxury with state-of-the-art modern technology to provide comfort and elegance for the 21st. century traveller. The hotel itself is in a quiet location of Patong Beach but within minutes walking distance to the Famous Patong Beach, bars, restaurants and shopping area.

We are really appreciative that you have highlighted all the aspects of the hotel that make it so special. We are always most pleased to have great feedback regarding our customer service standards, especially as we pride ourselves on our Craftsmanship of Care programme, that's why we would like to go that few miles further for our guests, and that's probably one of the reasons that we are already for more the 18 months holding this position here on Tripadvisor..

I will be sure to share your kind words with the teams and we look forward to seeing you once you are back in Phuket again soon!

With Kind regards,

ALex Bressers.
Basel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Well, actually we should not write a too excellent review here. So this jewel in Patong would only be known exclusively by a handful of people. But don't let us be too greedy und selfishly. Before I have ever been to BYD I saw the pictures and the description of byd lofts in the internet. But what then happened in reality exceeded my expectations! We have been picked up at the airport by a comfortable Mercedes limousine. What a feeling of relief! Everyone who arrives at Phuket Airport knows what a problem it can be to get a taxi there. Then arriving at the reception of the BYD there was a very friendly and warm welcome. All the staff in the BYD is exceptionally friendly and you feel that you are really welcome. And then the appartment. We had the two bed- and two bathrooms loft with big kitchen and terrace. From the first minute on I was feeling at home! From now on BYD lofts will be my first choice in Phuket.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Feteke

Thank you for your valuable time to write this amazing review about our BYD Lofts here on Tripadvisor !

We were more than happy to be at your service and are proud to have enjoyed your company to fulfill our goal of meeting the highest expectations of our guests.

We are very grateful for your very kind compliments and I'm very pleased that you don't want to keep our Hotel for your selves only :-)

I'm delighted that we could " met and even exceed your expectation " during you stay with us,

we are very pleased to read about that the level of our customer service you experienced , and will be certain to share with the entire team, that's why we would like to go a few miles further for our guests ....

We also would like to thank you for your words that you have found your new Home away from Home "

We look forward to have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.

Alex Bressers

Been to BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!