This Hotel reminds me of the "W" chain in the Starwood Group.. very clean, artistic, lots of space.. but not entirely functional. Here are some bulletpoints while they are fresh in our minds:
- what bothered us most was that there was no curtain on one side of the bedroom - the bathroom area in the bedroom only had very loose wooden slats - e.g., venetian blinds. We were on the 5th floor and the bedroom faced East so every morning around 0630 - the sun would come and shine on us in all of Thailand's tropical glory.. wonderful if you have to get up for school - but not so good for sleeping in on vacation. We were not happy with this aspect. Make sure your bedroom does not get too much light early in the morning.
- the shower is "naked" to the bedroom and living room - in other words - there is no privacy curtain - only a glass wall between you and someone in the bedroom... nice for couples most of the time - but sometimes one wants a bit of privacy...
- the "annex" building across the street iwhere we stayed s definately "less" of an experience than being in the main building - you are away from the pool and they are still working out some issues in the new building.
- the electricity went out - completely - three times during our stay - we called the front desk and they would state that they were going to call an engineer and the power would come back on.. clearly there is a bit of a "trip" somewhere.
- the matterss was a bit uncomfortable... a woke up sore in the mornings and my wife complained even more about the mattress.
- the apartment lights are somewhat difficult and counterintuitive to figure out. Its hard to only havea few lights on or have them dimmed. Once is either in bright daylight or darkness until one gets the hang of the place.
- the beach is a "long" 150 meters away - a bit of a hot walk...
- it can be a bit noisy at night with the scooters if you get a room facing the main little street.. rooms on the back of the main building looked quieter...
There are some excellent points which bolster my "average" rating to 4 stars...
- the staff are fantastic - without question.
- the rooms are beautiful.
- the restaurant is fantastic - we ate at least four times.. one of the best hotel restaurants ever...
- the prices are very good for the service we get....
We just would have had a better time if they had something arranged to block out the sun in the mornings.. sleeping in is good on vacations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 150m to the Famous Patong Beach, Just imagine the ideal lifestyle in the heart of Patong, A convenient place where you can discover a new sense of freedom. BYD Lofts & BYD Suites provide the ultimate hip & chic environment, with luxury hotel serviced apartments from 50 sqm to 160 sqm to fulfill your dreams, creating a bright new trend for your holiday. Both are centrally located in a peaceful oasis close to, yet secluded from, the tourist hub of exciting Patong, the ‘entertainment capital’ of beautiful Phuket Island.From the moment you step in any of our properties, you feel the difference. It has an energy that's so distinctly powerful, so uniquely rich, cool and chic, it makes you feel sophisticated....and this is how your holiday should start! Our guests may best be characterized as sophisticated, smart and highly individualistic. Staying at any of the BYD Apartments properties is about making a statement, and differentiating oneself.On the ground floor of BYD Lofts is the 24hrs reception, plus our Bar/Bistro restaurant, which has an international menu, and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our bar is open daily until late and has an exciting selection cocktails, beers and wines.Also on the ground floor is Asia’s popular Wine Connection shop, which provides a vast array of wines, beers, cheeses, cold cut meats & fresh breads from all over the world. The rooftop features a delightful swimming pool of a unique style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, HostelBookers and Venere so you can book your BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Byd Lofts Patong
- Byd Lofts Hotel Patong
- BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments Patong, Phuket