“Excellent as always !!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments

You added BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments to your Saves list
BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5/28 Haad Patong Road | Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #1 of 285 Hotels in Patong
Perth, Australia
“Excellent as always !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I'm a avid traveler and quiet picky but being now for the 3rd time back to the BYD Lofts and as ever we are never dissapointed.
Its the perfect spot to sit back and unwind, very clean rooms, full kitchens, beautiful bathrooms and a nice swimming pool on the roof top.

The owners Hans & Alex cannot do enough for you, nothing is too much trouble. It really is without doubt a jewel in Patong Beach and just within 5 minutes walking distance to the Famous Patong Beach. Keep up the good work Hans & Alex and all the staff, cant wait to come back soon ! and I really want to recommend the BYD Lofts to all and every one !!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to write a review about our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor!

This is very much appreciated by Hans and I.

I am very happy to read that as a third time returning guest we still can keep on satisfying you and that we never disappoint you.

I am pleased to read that you can easily sit back and unwind in our beautiful apartments. It is lovely of you to personally mention the owners and we do everything in our power to 100% satisfy each of our valued guests.

We look forward to greeting you back soon to BYD Lofts again.

Kind Regards

Alex Bressers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

This was the first stop of three hotels in Phuket. Arrived late Sunday night & checked out the following Friday. We had arranged to be picked up in a Mercedes from the airport, Milo (hotel driver) was waiting when we went through customs. The rooms are very modern and clean, although the bed may have been a tad too hard(no complaints here though) loved the half price cocktails @ 10pm chatting to the bar staff.
Breakfast after 5 days became repetitive.
The pool was nice to relax and read a book while taking in the rays as i didn't enjoy Patong Beach.
The location is just off a busy road, close to ATM's & about 15 mins walk to Jungceylon which is a major food & shopping centre.
This is value for money and staff are very friendly.
BYD Lofts is no 5 star hotel nor does it pretend to be. For Patong Beach, a hotel of this quality would be rare.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank You for taking the time to write a review about our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor.

We are happy to hear that you thought of our BYD as modern and very clean and that here at BYD Lofts we are value for money. i am also pleased that you enjoyed the cocktails with our friendly staff. It is also pleasing to read that in your opinion for Patong Beach, a hotel of our quality is rare.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review and for being our guest.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I had very high expectations from all the reviews i had read before coming to B.Y.D Lofts.And i was not disappointed, very fast check in and smiles all round. I had booked the 100sm apartment and it was everything i had hoped for, very modern and very clean.The prices of the restaurants were very reasonable, only ate there twice because there are so many good places near. This is my 4th trip to Phuket and i will be back to B.Y.D. Thank you for a grate holiday. See you next time.

Room Tip: Cant go wrong with the 100sm apartment....
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a great review about our BYD Lofts.

It is excellent to know that we lived up to your expectations and that you were not disappointed! and i am very pleased to read that our 100sqm apartment that you stayed in was everything that you hoped for - modern and clean.

i hope to see you back at BYD Lofts in the near future.

Thank You for being a great guest.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

After an 11 hour + journey from London to Phuket airport my friend and I were relieved that transfer taxi we had booked through BYD Lofts Hotel would be picking us up. However, we were upset to find no such taxi waiting for us. A kind man from another taxi firm allowed us to borrow his phone to contact BYD. My friend who had paid the deposit on her credit card and had seen this on her credit card statement was told by the "manager" Alex that our booking was cancelled because her payment failed. We were advised that they had other available rooms in the hotel would could check into.

After a 30min journey at night from the airport to BYD we were met by Alex. He told us that these credit card deposits fail on a daily basis and that it is quite common. He then produced an "email thread" supposedly to my friend's email address where she had previously received the hotel booking confirmation to. The email thread showed 2 emails where he had contacted my friend to advise the payment was unsuccessful. These emails were NOT received. We believe this to be fake, a ploy to offer us the "only" available room which happened to be one of the most expensive suites in BYD. As 2 young girls on our first trip to Thailand and extremely tired after a long journey, we accepted the room after some discussion about price.

The Wi-fi in the hotel also does not work. We experienced a whole day without running water or electricity due to a power failure. You can understand the numerous health and safety breaches this incurred. After a day on the beach, we were offered a shower in another BYD room over the road. In one of the rooms we orginally had expected to stay in at a significantly cheaper rate. We did not want to do this due to hassle involved and on principal that we had paid for a more expensive room.

I must say, the staff in the hotel are kind and polite and the room was clean. However, I would NEVER stay here again and would definitely NOT recommend it to my friends and family who are thinking of staying on Phuket. Save your money and avoid being conned by staying else where.

I am most disappointed and frustrated with the "manager" Alex. I asked him when we arrived if he was the owner of BYD, he replied that he was the manager. However after speaking with another manager 2 days later at BYD he confirmed that Alex is in fact the owner.

To sum up, we are left feeling extremely ripped off and lied to. Absolutely ruining the start of our holiday.

Room Tip: Avoid completely.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear Guests,

First of all I would like to keep my management response on your review in a professional manor.
Sometimes it is very hard to please some guest., with all the good intentions and commitments that we have as a hotelier to our guests.

( as you can read in 95% of the reviews that we get from our clients are raving about our BYD Lofts ) but sometimes ( as hard as it is as very committed hotelier) we have to accept that we can’t please them all, and still it’s our first intention and priority to do so.

luckily we have another 20.000 guest each year that are very happy, satisfied and well pleased for what we and our staff are doing for them and going that few miles further for those that respect and enjoy our service at the BYD lofts.

As you mentioned by yourself in your review we have send you 3 mails because by making your booking you credit card for the deposit of 10 % was declined and after we have send you 3 mails in regards of this on which e-mails we never get any reply from you.

Finally we have send you a last polite email that we will release the room as we never get any reply on any of our mails.
Sometimes it happens that a guest not want to continue with there booking and therefore not send any reply.

You say that you never received our e-mails so lets say that they disappeared some were in the “ grey circuit of the internet “ I would like to copy and paste this e-mails but my response would be to long and maybe boring for other guest to read.

You promised me to show your statement that we had taken your deposit
which you finally never wanted or couldn’t show me, and you only came up with all kind of excuses for this why you couldn’t show your credit card statement, if there was any credit card as you pay your bills only in cash.

I’m a little bit disappointed that you don’t mention any thing in your review that we have reimbursed you the balance in full for your original booking which booking again never was confirmed.
We also have offered you a free dinner at you last night to show you our good intention and commitment that we have to our guests, but also here it’s a little bit sad that you don’t mention any thing about this in your review and that you spend 4,580 baht on this dinner.
So finally you had 2 upgrades to a Grand Deluxe suite room for the 3 nights and after having a dinner where you spend another 4,580 Baht, so all together for your 3 nights stay cost you 1.873 Baht per night.

I’m very sorry to say this but I’m asking myself who are the really CON persons here.
Once again sorry that we couldn’t please you and our sincere apologizes for this.

BYD Management
cambridge
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Whatever you do don't stay here -the owner is a con man!

This was our first trip to Thailand as two young girls and we decided to book a hotel for our first three night and a taxi transfer with a reputable hotel while we found our feet.

We booked with BYD due to good reviews and received a confirmation of our booking and a deposit was taken off my credit card.

When we arrived at the airport we had no taxi, we called the hotel who said there was a problem with our booking (not ideal after a 24hour journey!!) but if we still came to the hotel they still had a room available.

We arrived at the hotel to be told my credit card had been declined, this was the first I had heard of it (and having since checked my credit card bill the payment had been taken!). We were told they only had larger rooms available and we would pay the extra for this room (this was a considerable amount more). We asked the man if he was the owner and he said no he was the manager and the owner wouldn't let him offer any discount (which we later found out was a lie and he was the owner!). With it being very late at night and our first time in Thailand we nievely paid the extra cost as we didn't feel comftable walking around the streets alone so late a night with valuable suitcases.

On our second day at the hotel we were informed there would be no electricity from 9am to 5pm - although they were aware of this when we checked in they didn't tell us until we had handed over the money! We stayed out all day and returned to the hotel to be told there was no power or water until 8pm. We were then offered the use of a smaller room to shower in- the room we had wanted all along! The hotel had the room we reserved for the lenght of our stay but had choosen to con additional money out of two young girls.

We expressed our concerns about this and asked for a refund of the money we had been coned out of and suddenly the owner was unavailable to talk to us!

It's such a shame Alex is a con man as the rest of the staff were very nice. I would avoid this hotel AT ALL COSTS.

Other Issues:

You promised me to show your statement that we had taken your deposit

BYD Management
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in BYD Loft apartments for one night, but we would have loved to have stayed a bit longer. The grand deluxe two bedroom apt is sensational. Lots of room, modern and stylish furnishings and close to the main strip of shops, bars and restaurants. The staff are VERY attentive and friendly, a credit to the establishment. Thanks for a short, yet memorable stay.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I would like to Thank You for taking the time to write a nice review about our BYD Lofts!

i am very happy to hear that after your short stay, you would have liked to stay longer and that your stay was a memorable one.

i am also very pleased to hear that you thought of our staff as very attentive and friendly, and a real credit.

Thanks for being a great guest and we hope to see you back at BYD Lofts!

Northampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

I have been coming down to Phuket for more than 12 years and have always stayed in hotels but decided to make a change on this trip and try a serviced apartment. The BYD Lofts has all the amenities I need, yet rooms you would dream of in a  hotel.  The BYD is a very special experience , and lives up to its number one rating on Trip Advisor. The location is perfect, being close enough to all the action yet in its own little Oasis location. The rooms are spacious and classily furnished to a very high degree, and have many little, but important touches which pushes this "BYD brand" above most hotels. Which hotels amongst other things provide a coffee capsule machine, a very modern kitchenette and large TV and sound system? It is clear they have thought of everything in the design and set up of this top class experience.  Before I came I read one negative report about the staff which I now cannot believe because in every aspect I have found all the staff to be very courteous, friendly and efficient and of course smiling. Also the BYD restaurant is a real find and a definite place to visit even if your not a resident. Sophisticated high quality food puts it right up there with the top of the best eating establishments in Patong, but also has an ambience and atmosphere that sets it a apart. The  menu is  uncluttered but has a comprehensive choice that should appeal to all palettes. I have to say, after this more flexible experience I will find it hard to return to the normal hotel set up. Thank you for a memorable experience.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

I would like to Thank You for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

It is extremely pleasing to read that you think of BYD Lofts as a very special experience and that we live up to our number one rating on Tripadvisor.

i am happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our rooms and amenities within the rooms as well as the location of our Hotel. it is also great to know that you have picked up on a negative comment about our staff and how wrong this is, as you said our staff are very couteous, friendly and efficient.

i am very satisfied that we could give you a memorable experience and we hope to have you as a guest again soon.

Kind Regards

Alex Bressers

Been to BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!