“NOT WORTH THE HYPE!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments

You added BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments to your Saves list
BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5/28 Haad Patong Road | Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #1 of 278 Hotels in Patong
5.0 of 5 stars 1,164 Reviews
mangalore
“NOT WORTH THE HYPE!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

We had chose BYD Lofts based on trip advisor ratings and review....
Since lot of the review has been written in detail I will write a short summary....
First the positives
Check in- quick, fast and efficient even though we arrive early.
We booked 2 bed room penthouses which is huge with all the bells & whistles need in the serviced apartments.
The service of all the persons were outstanding,polite&efficieant.
Now to the negatives
Water pressure in the shower is pathetic if one shower is used in another bath room then the next bathroom will have no pressure in the shower!!! (We overcame this problem by not using 2 bathrooms at the same time!!!! So much for paying obscene price for the room!!!!)
Breakfast was not included in the room.
Will I come back ......no!!!! at the price I pay to this loft I can stay in any 6star hotel in PATONG.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, January 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to write a review about our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor.

We are happy to hear that you had a quick, fast and efficient check-in and that our staff provided you with an outstanding polite service.

In regards to your comments about the water pressure we do apologize for this experience you have had and if you had of come to reception and notified us about the problem we would have sent an engineer straight away to deal with this.

As this is our newest building we can expect some teething issues but we do need to be notified about them to help make our guests feel satisfied and happy.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review and for being our guest.

Kind Regards,

Alex Bressers.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012 via mobile

The room is amazing, and so are the restaurant and service. It is also well located in the center of Patong (4 min from beach). That said, I have to add that I am not a big fan of Patong.

Dear Guest,

I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor !

My staff and I are happy to hear that you thought the rooms were amazing. I am also happy to read that you thought the restaurant and service were also amazing. I appreciate your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to BYD Lofts.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012 via mobile

Let me start by saying that from the moment you arrive, you really do feel a personal touch because the staff is excellent. And I could talk all day about the location. BYD Lofts is located on a quite road which a 5 minutes walk to Patong Beach and a 10 minute walk to everything else! If you value a combination of both high quality accommodations and privacy, then in my opinion, if you're planning to stay in Patong there is no other choice. Go and enjoy this wonderful place, because my wife and I always do!

• Stayed January 2012
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, January 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time to write a great review about our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor !

My staff and I are happy to hear that the moment you arrived you felt the personal touch that we provide here at BYD. I am also happy to hear that you liked the location because it was quiet for you and your wife but easy to walk to everything else. Thank you for suggesting that everyone should go and enjoy our ‘wonderful place’ and for being a wonderful guest.

Bergen, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for one week and must say I was very pleased. While not an inexpensive hotel, it was definitely work it. The staff was professional and friendly, cleaning was spotless, and the very modern design and decor was great. I did not try the restaurant except for breakfast, but I really liked the semi-open air feel of the restaurant. The rooftop swimming pool was nice but perhaps a tad small, but this was the only thing that was not perfect. Will definitely return.

Dear Guest,

I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time to write a great review about your recent stay at our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor !

It is a lovely compliment to the staff and I to hear your comments that you thought our apartments are ‘modern ‘and ‘clean’ and that you thought our staff were ‘professional’ and ‘friendly’.

I am also happy to read that you were very pleased with your stay and will definitely return. I really appreciate comments like these.

Once again thank you so much for being our guest and for writing a review and we hope to see you again in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 14 nights. Great location. Easy to walk in the action or the beach but far enough away to have some quiet time.
Our room faced the rear of the complex so the view was very average, which made the balcony not that appealing.
Rooms were great. Excellent sound system. The cleaners got pretty slack after a few days but overall the rooms were clean.
Breakfast good but the choice was boring after a few days as you are limited if you have the breakfast included. There are other breakfast options if you wish to pay for them.
Pool is small but we always got a chair and it was clean.
Would stay here again but not for as long as we did this time, just to keep it fresh.

• Stayed December 2011

Asker, Akershus, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

We stayed 2 weeks at Byd Lofts in christmas 2011 and had a realy nice time, everything was great, the staff, the apartment, the resturant and housekeeping. we have stayed at a lot of 5 stars hotels around the world but our experience at Byd Lofts is about the best ever, thank you for making our holiday perfect.

Room Tip: We are a family of 4 and had the 2 bedroom apartment, 160 m2, perfect.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

It is great to hear that you and your family enjoyed your Christmas holiday with us at BYD and it is a real compliment to read that out of all the 5* hotels you have stayed in the world, BYD has been the best ever !!!!
This is one of the greatest compliments a guest could give us and this makes us to going some miles further for our guests.

It has been very nice to read all your other comments about the apartment, restaurant, housekeeping and staff being great.

Once again thank you so much for being our guests and we hope to see you and your family again in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

We recently returned from a terrific holiday to Phuket staying in a 2bdrm apartment at BYD Lofts and Apartments and I can't recommend this accommodation enough. It far exceeded my expectations in every way. We stayed with our two children (8 & 5 yrs) and couldn't have felt more welcome. The location was absolutely perfect, right in the hussle and bustle of Patong without it encroaching on where we were staying. When we tired of the mayhem outside we could retire back to our apartment and have all the luxuries of home, and more. When we tired of the beach with the heat, the vendors and the salt water we would return to the shade and cool of the rooftop pool where you can even get drink service. The apartment was decked out so beautifully and we were pleased to find it had block out curtains throughout so the kids could sleep at any time of the day or night without the bother of light and somehow they have managed to have cut out all the noise outside aswell. The staff were all friendly and helpful and I think this accommodation is magnificent value for money. I would definately stay here again and will definately recommend this place to anyone that is intending a trip to Patong. We had been looking at staying in Kata or Karon but think we had a far better holiday staying here in Patong at BYD, we had everything! Oh, and the artwork on the walls is amazing.

Room Tip: We had a 2bd apartment on the 2nd floor on the corner and thought this fantastic. Not sure of how a...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time to write a kind and excellent review about our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor !

My staff and I are happy to hear that you and your family had a terrific holiday and it is a huge compliment to know that you can’t recommend us here at BYD Lofyts enough and we exceeded your expectations in every way.

It is great to read that we could provide the perfect environment for your children to come back and relax from the bustling Patong! I am happy to read that you thought the apartments were beautiful and the staff were friendly and helpful.

Thank You for noting that we are magnificent value for money and you will recommend us, we really appreciate comments like this!

We look forward to welcoming you and your family to BYD Lofts again.

Alex Bressers.

Been to BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!