“Great room, modern but beware of outside noise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Kee Resort & Spa

You added The Kee Resort & Spa to your Saves list
The Kee Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   152/1 Thaveewong Rd, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #53 of 278 Hotels in Patong
Sydney
“Great room, modern but beware of outside noise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

The hotel backs onto the busiest and noisiest part of Patong's nightlife.

The rooms are well-insulated so you can't hear the noise when inside. But the wall of sound does hit you when you leave your room.

The room is spacious, comfortable and modern. The pool is quite nice.

I would stay here again for the price .. but it's not where you would go if you wanted somewhere peaceful or on a honeymoon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights. Was offered a free upgrade to the city view deluxe which was a great start.

Staff: I found the staff extremely helpful and attentive. They were always greeting me when I walked in or went out for the day. Staff would see me walking back from my shopping adventure from a distance carrying heavy bags and would rush up to help me take it to my room, never once felt incline the pressure to tip like I felt when going on tours (but I did).

Location: the location of the resort was perfect, just 2 mins from the main beach and Bangla road but off sidewalks that allowed peace and quiet. It was convenient to be within close proximity of resturants and shopping so if I went too crazy, I could just walk back a few mins and drop off my shopping and head out again.

The room: Its was spacious and I found to be clean however the shower saw its age as the tiles were made of concrete of some sort and started to darken in color and they could use a bit of bleach in some moulded area, it wasn't major disaster as any smart traveller would wear thongs when showering anyway. It was serviced regularly so I wasn't short of supplies and fresh towels.
The view wasn't fantastic but it was away from the loud music playing and other guest partying at the pool. So if u don't smoke, and aren't fussed about views but rather want a peaceful night sleep after a long day, the room was sufficient.

Room service/food: buffet breakfast wasn't included in my booking. I ordered room service and it wasn't top notch. Everything came cold and coffee warm the sugar didn't dissolve. So I was glad I didn't pay extra for buffet breakfast and walked 2 mins to local restaurant instead.

Roof top bar: this is the perfect place to enjoy the view of patong in a sophisticated way, away from all the party animals and being hassled to buy anything and everything. You can simple enjoy drinks and meals undisturbed and enjoy the company of your friends and family in peace.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the resort and would defiantly stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

I can get past, the fact that the staff on reception are challenged when attempting to speak english, however the yelling and down right rudeness really shocked me. Ally and a young boy with braces were the worst offenders. I have traveled extensively and this would be the worst trained staff I have seen. The fruit flies on the cheese and fruit at the buffet breakfast were grose, small roaches in the room, I guess can happen from time to time. Think twice.

• Stayed December 2012
La Canada Flintridge, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My recent stay for 3 nights at the Kee Resort left me quiet unimpressed. The pool was nice and its a good location but for 6,000 THB a night I expected a lot more.

I originally booked a pool view room. The room itself was OK and the view nice however the sheets weren't dry and you can hear loud music from the restaurant. Additionally there is no light switch in the bathroom(or near the door), if you have to get up in the middle of the night you have to find it among a dozen other buttons near the bed.

I complained about the wet sheets and loud music and was transferred to a "honeymoon suite" at no additional charge (they originally wanted 500 THB more per night for me to be able to sleep in peace). The new room was OK but the view was terrible (see attached photo) and the Jacuzzi water was nasty (see attached photo). It was acceptable for me but if this were a romantic get away and I paid for the upgrade to the suite, I would be furious.

Pros:
-Pool: its huge and has a swim up bar
-Location: Steps away from Bangala Road (the main entertainment street) and the beach yet far away enough to be quiet.
-Breakfast was good with made to order eggs

Cons:
-Pool view room has loud music (from the hotel restaurant) echoing in the room until 10:30 pm
-Light Switch for the bathroom is no where near the actual bathroom or door
-Honeymoon suite was lackluster, Jacuzzi awful with a horrible view.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Consider staying this hotel if you are planning to stay at patong.
However a tip for you, bring your own toothbrush. The hotel does not provide any.
Add on to it, the carpark is not easy accessible. No lift to the lobby and you will need to walk one big round.
An enjoyable stay in the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
Robina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed with my partner there just recently and regardless of the hotel (which is very good) the location alone sets this hotel apart, If you want to party get this hotel. The service was amazing, breakfast was great, Happy hour gets very busy so get there early to get a nice seat in the water. the free internet and executive cafe is a great bonus, the staff also promoted their own 'phi phi island' tour which was alot more then you could buy on the street, it was 3,200 baht, but it was an amazing experience and highly recommend going through the hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room looking onto the pool!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I bought a Groupon voucher for this hotel. I stayed in a "pool view room" & prior to purchasing the accommodation I read the reviews thinking something must be wrong to get a decent priced, well located hotel in high season with a Groupon voucher. Well the "pool" view room was actually the Bangla Road side & at night you could hear the noise but it wasn't to bad once the sliding doors were shut. I could see a glimpse of the cruise ships in the ocean.

The "free" wifi in the room, I didn't have access to from these side of rooms which was a bummer. I had to go to the lobby each night to access my emails. Although I spoke with somebody who's room was closer to the lobby & pool bar & they could get wifi access from their rooms.

I didn't click 5 stars for cleanliness only because of the FILTHY white stains on the day bed. I was grossed out & if the day bed/lounge wasn't there I would have rated it a 5. Room was very spacious & clean though.

I found the bed a bit hard & although I got a great deal with Groupon, I wouldn't pay the $230 a night pool view room for this side of the hotel.

Breakfast was fantastic. Had buffet everything.

Staff were very friendly & attentive. They even surprised me one night when I got back to my room with a mini bday cake for my bday. Thank you, that was lovely.

I think this resort is more for younger generation or couples.

This hotel is smack bang in the middle of everything. The beach is close by as well.

Overall if it was just my husband & I travelling to Patong on our own again, for the right price, I would stay again. But I don't thing I would take my children to this resort only because the close proximity of the Bangla Ping Pong shows. Lol

Room Tip: When you read "pool view room" & are thinking of staying in one, ask for the "poo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Kee Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!