“the kee resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Kee Resort & Spa

You added The Kee Resort & Spa to your Saves list
The Kee Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   152/1 Thaveewong Rd, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #53 of 278 Hotels in Patong
Perth, Australia
“the kee resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

well what can i say about the Kee resort in Phuket, Its great location you walk out of the hotel right into the miss of all the girlie bars and the main entertainment stretch.
Mind you the breakfast isn't much to go by the eggs are cold as they are on plates waiting for people to grab them, We stayed 6 Days and only eat breakfast the first day and that was enough for us so we eat every morning at the Coffee Club. The Sky lounge at night is a must it is so lovely being up there.
Also if you dont like hard beds that what we got, but for myself it was ok

Room Tip: best rooms around ground floor next to the pool area so you dont have to go try and find a lay loung...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Kee M, Management Team at The Kee Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear josephine g,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at The Kee Resort & Spa, Phuket, on TripAdvisor.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Regarding the breakfast, please note that we are currently working out on our breakfast line, we sincerely apologize if the food didn't meet your expectation. We look forward to welcome you again soon.

KEE Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Nice place and ambience.....friendly staff and the pool access rooms are marvellous.....ur very own jacuzzi and a bar is all u need. Bangla road and main patong eating and shopping areas are walking distance away !!

Would definitely go back to Kee if i visit Patong again....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Reshpal,

Thank you for your compliment on TripAdvisor.
We are glad to hear that you are impressed with our staff, facilities provided, as well as our location. We look forward to welcome you again soon.

Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We are here now. The staff is great and the room is the best. Just finished our evening benedicting drink and go for dinner. Overall get the grade 10 out of 10.. Highly recommend.. This hotel looks great and feel great and located in the center of the evening hang out

• Stayed October 2012
Dear MatanBenSimon,

Thank you for taking the time sharing your experience at The Kee Resort & Spa on TripAdvisor.
It is our pleasure to hear that you love our location, room decoration, and our service. We look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I'm a frequent traveller to Phuket. I visit at least twice a year and have stayed in several different hotels. This has by far been the most unpleasant stay. WHere do I start ?

It all began at checkin. Front desk staff looking up my room booking which took forever. Gave them my name and after waiting 15 mins they gave me my key with a booking which was under somebody elses name. I told them then the wait begins before they fix it ! Finally after all that I walk to my room with bellboy only to find that the room they had given me has got two single beds joined together in an effort to make one king bed !!! HELLLOOO...this is not what my booking was for! Waiting another 30mins before I get moved to another room with the king bed.

Room service is shocking. The room I stayed in had dust and hair all over the floor. The bed was very uncomfortable. My calls to get the to sweep the floor were replied to with words of "yes sir" but no action was taken. I gave up.

On arrival they will make you fill out a hotel policy condition re having guests stay with you overnight. They charge you 1000 Baht to have a guest join but the condition is that they cannot be "bar" staff. Read the policy if you don't believe this. I was quite surprised this is the case as the hotel is stiuated right at the heart of a street full of girly bars.

The only decent thing about this hotel is that the pool is half decent. I never tried the food at the hotel so can't comment on that.

TO sum up do yourself a favour and look for a the hotels that do offer value for money. The Kee resort and spa doesn't. It's a tourist trap with rude staff.

I would not recommend this hotel for singles or families with kids.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear tonez01,

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on TripAdvisor.
We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay with us. In regards to booking lost and wrong bed type set up, we will be more careful about it in order to avoid the future occurrence. In terms of cleanliness, we are really sorry about it and will take a prompt action since cleanliness is one of our priority concerns.
Regarding the unregistered guest issue, please be informed that it is a hotel policy that an extra fee applied if any of unregistered guest happens to stay overnight in the guestroom.

Again thank you very much for sharing us your valuable comments with us. We will definitely pay more attention into these areas.

Musselburgh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

If I had written this review on our first night it would probably have been a four or five star review however over the last 10 days I am for the first time glad to be going home or at least away from this hotel. This is now my 3rd time in Thailand and the reason I like coming here is because the people are always so friendly however not here.

We came as a couple and rate the hotel as follows -

Staff 0/10 - Although I have to say the maid would get 10/10 as she done an excellent job every day. We only ate here for the first couple of days and every day for breakfast and the only reason for this is that staff are not very helpful and stand talking to each other when there are loads of tables needing cleared which means that when you come down for breakfast you then have to clear the table of the previous persons remnants which is not a big deal. Then when we went down for either lunch or dinner even if we were the only ones there they did not come over with menus. On one occasion we sat for nearly 20 minutes watching the staff have a great conversation whilst we sat waiting on a menu. This happened quite a few times whilst we stayed here and became a bit of a private joke between us. Now I'm not writing this because I'm stuck up and expect slaves to run around after me but because we chose a 5 star hotel we do expect a little bit of service for the large amount of money they charge for staying here. Even if you have a complaint they really do not want to listen and when we were checking out I asked to speak to the manager and let them know a little about our own personal thoughts but he was "busy". Funny that as 2 minutes later we seen him standing talking to someone else?

Food 7/10 - Again I am not writing this angry with some vendetta against the hotel but do admit that the food is lovely (What we ate at lunch and dinner) and cannot fault them for this. The breakfast range was bacon, eggs, baked kidney beans, fried tomatoes, pork or chicken sausage, white bread or brown bread with a range of either Strawberry Jam, marmalade or another kind, pastries which were small, along with a range of yogurts and cereals as well as a whole range of Asian cooked rice or noodles.

Room 7/10 - We paid for a superior room which was lovely and the room did have a high spec which was nice and our balcony was massive but the only problem we had was that although we had paid a lot more money we were put in a room which may as well have been on Bangla Road as you could not sleep until the music outside went off at 3am. It's not even like we are old (35) and some nights we decided to just join em rather than sleep! We did ask to move but were going to charge us 10,000 bhat??? All rooms come with Wifi which is slow and goes down a lot but still handy for picking up emails. Air con is a blessing at night time :) you can even order movies is your tv but with so much to see and do on Phuket don't know why you would need to.

Spa 2/10 - Whilst staying here we really did want pampered so booked in at the Spa for 8 days which included foot rubs, head massages, facials etc over this time and the only conclusion we can come to is that whatever you book you are going to end up with a Thai Massage with oil. On our last visit my wife had asked for an Indian head massage and came out in tears as no massage took place just oils being poured over her hair leaving it look like she had dipped it into a chip pan.

Location 8/10 again we cannot fault it as it is only 300 metres from the beach and right next to Bangla Road so other than the noise was great.

If we had any service from most of the staff this review would have been a lot better but we leave for the first time from Thailand not feeling great about our time here and most of this is down to the hotel.

Room Tip: Somewhere away from Bangla Road and not at the end like we were!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear 697Scottytraveller,

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on TripAdvisor.
We sincerely apologize for your inconvenience during the stay. We will definitely take all your comments into account regarding the service provided by our staff , English communication skills, and the internet connection.

Anyhow, please accept our apology and once again thank you for sharing your valuable comments which we will use them as a guideline for improvements.

Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We chose Kee Resort because of its location. This was really the best aspect of the hotel. The Pool was nice, live band at the skylounge was great , and the skylounge was also very nice The building was weird looking. Lots of grey, glass, and metal. Almost looked incomplete.

Now for the bad and the ugly!

1) The check in area is outdoors. Not a bad thing but when your reservation is lost and they can't seem to figure out what to do and its steaming hot outside, it quickly loses its appeal. We booked on hotels.com and eventually they found our reservation. Check in took forever.

2) Our room was Deluxe Pool View Room, free wifi and breakfast. It was ok. Had a nice deck facing the pool which was nice. Oddly the sink was in the room and not in the bathroom. The TV announcement had someone else's name and not ours. Wifi did not work. We called for assistance and someone came to reset something and said he would be back to check. He never came back. We had wifi on our phones so we used that as back up. They also had internet tv which came in handy.

3) Breakfast was terrible. wow. Low quality stuff. We had to wait around for the food containers to be refilled on several occasions. The juice tasted horrible- definitely not fresh. We ate here the first day and never went back.

4) We got towels at the pool. You had to sign for them by filling out some cards. When we returned them, the pool guy could not find our card in the huge stack of cards he had in disarray. He ended up having to make new cards for us. Completely wasting our time.

5) We ordered drinks at the Sky lounge and the waiter brought me the bill in baht. I gave him my credit card and he came back with my receipt and had charged me in dollars. I responded by saying you gave me a bill in baht and you charged me in dollars. He cannot charge me in dollars without my permission. It even stated on the receipt that the customer must be asked. Of course their rate was a lot higher than the exchange rate. As soon as I said this, he darted off and came back with a voided receipt and then asked me for other payment. I was able to see the charge on my credit card but not the void so i asked for the manager who seemed apologetic. At this point, 2 other staff members came by. At one point, the waiter said something in thai and everyone except the manager laughed. So i asked the waiter very politely if he would like to repeat what he said in English and he said nothing. Anyway after i saw the void on my credit card, i gave them cash for the bill

6) The final straw was when we were checking out and they said they needed to inspect our room. They came back and said we needed to pay 150 baht for a stained towel. This was the point where i lost it. Pay for a stained towel?? Are you kidding me? She said they had to wash it a little harder. I use white towels in my home and ive stayed in 5 star hotels in Europe, Middle East, and the U.S and I've never heard such ridiculousness in my life. I flat out refused to pay. What is the point of all the hotel charges we are paying? I would understand if I destroyed their property. It had nothing to do with the price, it was the principle. The fee was removed. Boy were we glad to leave this place!

Would i return? Definitely not. Recommend? Nope. Its close to Bangla without being right in it. If thats your thing and your main reason for being in Patong, then it def a great location. A very disappointing experience overall. Phuket itself is very overrated and too touristy. Patong beach isnt that nice either. We took day trips to other islands and that made this trip worthwhile.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Kee M, Management Team at The Kee Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear LegsForMiles,

Thank you very much for taking your time to comment on TripAdvisor.

First of all, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered at our hotel.
Regarding the check-in process we will take that issue into account and will pay more attention to it.

Secondly, for the TV system and WiFi connection, kindly to inform that the system was down for maintenance at that moment, right now it is working properly.

In terms of breakfast, we are currently working on its variety and the taste, therefore we are very sorry if the breakfast was disappointing.

Since service quality is our priority concern, please rest assured that we will more strictly control our service and will train our staff more regularly to enhance their skills and knowledge.

Regarding the stained towel, it is a standard policy that the extra charge will be applied if the stain cannot be removed because that means such towel will have to be thrown away and cannot be used again. However, we will reconsider about the policy to improve the overall service.

Once again thank you very much for your valuable comments and apologize for any inconvenience occurred.

Kee Management Team
Singapore - Shanghai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Right in the middle of the action in Patong, you can almost spit into the girlie bars surrounding it. New place, modern rooms and we paid less than USD 80 for our rooms there. If you want peace and quiet go somewhere else, but if you want to party this is the place to crash in.

Room Tip: Facing away from Soi Seadragon where all the strip joint sare
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear B_Papadopoulos,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment on TripAdvisor. It is good to know that you had a great time staying at our hotel and love its location.

We look forward to welcome you to The Kee Resort & Spa again in the future.
Kee Management Team

Been to The Kee Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!