“An oasis in the middle of bustling Patong” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Kee Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added The Kee Resort & Spa to your Saves list
The Kee Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   152/1 Thaveewong Rd, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #53 of 261 hotels in Patong
Brisbane
“An oasis in the middle of bustling Patong”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

I recently returned from my first trip to Thailand, part of which was a 5 night stay in a pool access room at the Kee with two friends who are both in their mid-thirties. Our room was clean, trendy and there was plenty of room for 3 single beds and luggage storage (we had quite a bit by the end of our stay). The bathroom would have been great had we traveled with our partners - the doors slid open so that you could lounge around in the massive bath while watching tv.

The pool access room was a great choice; it was directly across from the pool bar and we enjoyed lounging around on the stair complete with spa-jets outside our room when we weren't out enjoying the local sights. We did not have any problems with pool or restaurant-related noise in our room - the only noise we could hear was the traffic marshal outside the hotel furiously blowing his whistle at all hours (annoying but tolerable); I would imagine his frenzied whistling would have been audible from all rooms!

The staff were all very friendly and cheery, especially the bar staff.

The breakfast was edible but nothing special. There was a reasonable selection of both Eastern and Western foods. We didn't dine at the hotel restaurant for any other meals. If you're looking for a great local Thai restaurant in Patong try the Seahag - it's on Soi Dr Wattana right across the street from Magnifique tailors (about a 400m walk from the Kee). We ate dinner there twice and the food and service was top notch; well worth the return visit.

If I returned to Patong with friends I would definitely consider staying at the Kee again. If I went back with my partner I would probably stay at another more out-of-the-way hotel that is less trendy and more luxurious.

Room Tip: Pool access room was excellent
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

742 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Elizabeth Town
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

My mate and I stayed at the Kee for 5 nights in November. All of the rooms are a good size, quiet,new, modern and clean. Pity the view from the rooms balcony was poor, just of some roofs. We appreciated the free wi fi! The pool bar and pool are good. although only 1 pool we had no hassles getting a pool lounge. The location is excellent. It is in the heart of the shopping and nightlife action and a short stroll to the beach.We really enjoyed our stay at the KEE.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011 via mobile

My partner & I stayed here for 10 nights in October & as a couple in our late 20's we cannot rave about this place enough,we have told EVERYONE we know about the kee & advised them to stay here!!!
The hotel is awesome the rooms are amazing the pool is beautiful & the free Internet in your room & wifi just tops it off.
Honestly I researched the hotel on trip advisor before we left & we were tossing up between the holiday inn & the kee but our choice with the kee was definitely the best!! We did notice a few mixed reviews on here and as this was our first trip to Thailand, I wanted the accommodation to be perfect & it was absolutely that. ALL the staff were extremely friendly, the buffet breakfast was great & the location is hard to beat, overall we had the best time.
I would reccomend the pool view or pool access rooms
We will most definitely be back & like I said earlier, highly rate this hotel for all ages, you won't be disappointed

• Stayed October 2011
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

It was a good resort and staff were friendly and willing to render help and it really wow my kids. The room were quiet even the resort was located next to the bangla night life. Easy access to the beach with just merely 5 minutes walking distance and getting around was not an issue. I would come back next year for the songkran festive in April. You must visit the No 6 local Thai restaurant with great and cheap Thai food. I had a great room - 2411 with pool view. The pool bar staff - Kwang was great and had make my kids happy. I had a couple of beers and pina colada. The mini golf is a great experience for kids to play golf at their own pace.

Room Tip: Get room that is at zone 2 or 3 if you are travelling with children as the room are not directly fac...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

I was happy with my stay there. Perfect location in the middle of actions, close to everything. It has 2 exit ways, 1 to bangla road and another to beachside road. Walking distance for restaurants and nightlife.
Large & very modern room. It has a lot of electrical switches which I confused, on off each lamps until figure out the right one. :) LCD TV with internet is a big plus too, although I did'nt like mouse on it's wireless keyboard, really difficult to use. Love unique bathroom design, but not suitable for friends since the door cannot be locked.
My room located at 5FL backside as I had requested a quiet room. But I think it would be better to choose pool view room.

Cons : Parking space, an elevator would be better.

Overall, we have a great moment there. Would recommend? Sure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Bangla rd.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

In January me and my son travelled to Thailand and spent five days in The Kee Resort & Spa. The rooms were spacious, modern, clean and had all the fancy gadgets that you can think of. Value for money was also something that crossed my mind. The staff, although some were not all that fluent in English were very helpful and always prepared to walk the extra mile. The hotel has a beautiful swimming pool and breakfast was always a pleasure. Thank you to all the staff for making our stay special.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011 via mobile

First thanks for the free upgrade from honeymoon suite to honeymoon sea view suite, it was a fantastic room with a very nice jacuzzi.
Location of the hotel is good,breakfasts is good, overall service is good but encounter some staff in the restaurant who behave in not so keen in serving attitude.
The gym room is good but the kids club is sort of lack of proper maintance, air-con is leaking and the toy and room is not properly maintain. Look pretty unsafe for the kids to play in.

• Stayed November 2011

Been to The Kee Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!