Stayed in pool access room 3110 from 18 Oct to 22Oct 2013. Overall a good stay, but most probably would try other hotels next trip to Phuket.
Pros: 1) Excellent huge pool access room and pool bar. The pool is huge with lots of jacuzzi spots, pool jets, and tan beds. You have to swim under a bridge to get to the pool bar from the pool access rooms, which is kinda cool. No cash payment, so you just charge it to your room.
2) Quiet and serene from my room. I can see the pool from inside of my room, but the glass is darkened from the outside, so people cant see into my room.
3) Nice breakfast spread. I especially like the egg stations, the chefs are efficient and fast.
4) Good hotel location, just right next to Otop market and 10mins slowwalk to Jungceylon and beach.
5) Free wifi, but only at the lobby. But plenty of seats at the lobby, so its a norm to see guests sitting in the lobby using their gadgets. Haha.
6) Massage services at the pool area, which is nice. The price is competitive too. 350THB for 1hr foot massage. My friend took 1hr body scrub + vitamin e treatment for 800THB. We did the massages in the spa on the 2nd storey.
7) Hotel offered complimentary late checkout at 1pm when requested. Usual time is 12pm.
1) I had a pool access room, everything is great, except that I am a little annoyed that the chambermaid forgot to lock my pool access door when she was done cleaning. I could lose my stuff as there is a direct footpath access to my room. Weird thing is that my balcony wasnt really cleaned up either.
2) They did some repiping work (?) on the 21st (Monday) afternoon, and I couldnt get my toilet to flush after that. Water gushed out yellow and murky from all taps and showers for the first few hours when water supply came back on. Phone line was engaged, guess from the influx of complaints. Not sure if it affected my building only or the whole hotel. Didnt appreciate that the hotel did not give an apology or any explaination when probed.
3) The airconditioning circulation is not good. Maybe the room is too big? My friend was experiencing coldness during the night, but I was feeling warm throughout. Was mindly annoyed.
4) Saw a rodent scuffling across the corridor and into the balcony of the pool access room right next to the corridor.
5) My friend took the body scrub treatment and she told me when she was showering in the spa, she saw 1 huge roach and 2 small roaches scurrying out from the pebbles. She did a lil tango with them. I was just glad that I didnt have to take any shower for my massage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- " Where hospitality meets the convenience " The Baumanburi Hotel is just a five-minute walk to the white sandy beach of Patong and just a few steps away from the nearest shopping and entertainment center. The airport is 45 minutes away by car. All rooms are decorated in contemporary Asian styles with modern amenities to ensure a comfortable stay. On-site facilities include a restaurant that serves fine Thai and international cuisines, a pool bar, the Sauna and Spa, and a conference room. Comfort and convenience are the hallmarks of Baumanburi Hotel and their warm hospitality and professional services ensure that all guests have a wonderful stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Baumanburi Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baumanburi Hotel Patong, Phuket