“The worst hotel I've stayed in” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Baumanburi Hotel

You added Baumanburi Hotel to your Saves list
Baumanburi Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   239/1 Rat-u-Thit 200 Pi Road | Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #191 of 285 Hotels in Patong
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“The worst hotel I've stayed in”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

My wife and I were booked into this hotel by our tour agency. We were there for 4 nights in late April 2013. We were first given a room on the second floor of the building away from the pool and facing the road. When we reached the floor we were hit by a very nasty sewage smell. The room we went in was stuffy and the bathroom old and leaking. The TV didnt work and we asked for a room change. We were brought to the 4th floor and given a room at the corner of the building. The TV and Air Conditioning were in working order but the bathtub was leaking and made the bathroom floor wet everytime we took a shower. That it was not provided with a shower curtain made the situation worse. My wife was bitten by insects (bugs?) on the first night and when we complained the next day the chambermaid just changed the bed sheets.
The lift we had to take up and down the floor had a very stinking damp carpet which made us want to puke everytime we got in and we had to take the stairs instead. When we asked to upgrade the room we were told to pay an additional 1,200 bath per night - we considered this too high. The noise from the hard rock cafe nearby could be heard from the room till very late at night.
The location is not very central and its quite a walk to the Bangla road and also to the beach.
I dont recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

My partner and I are staying for 6 nights and we've had a great time. When we arrived they upgraded us from the Deluxe room to the Grand deluxe. We were on the 6th floor in 5605 looking over the pool area. The rooms are clean, beds comfortable and the shower is powerful. The poolside bar is great too. The breakfast is ok, very different to Australia but still decent. There's no free wifi which is a bummer but still cheap. People might complain about the noise from other bars but it didn't bother us, we slept fine. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed at the Baumanburi with my family and friends. I noticed that the pool staff would try to keep our change or short-change us every time we bought something. I talked to my family about this and everybody had the same experience so just be careful. It is a nice enough hotel but be careful when buying anything from the dodgy pool staff.

Room Tip: Count your change
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed here from 5/4/2013-12/4/2013 very good central location nice rooms good breakfast, well priced, very large good pool would stay again no problem. Agree with other comments not 5 star but you pay for what you get and i think it is very good value for money. Bathroom a bit tired but nothing to worry about.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband, 21 year old daughter and I stayed at this resort. We had originally purchased a Scoopon at a reasonable price, but once I got there, I upgraded us to a poolside room which was amazing. The swimup bar was great, the staff were professional and friendly, the grounds were clean, it was in a great location to the markets and restaurants around, and close to the beach.

Room Tip: Definately upgrade to a poolside room if you can afford it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We have just returned from 7 nights in the pool access room, my partner and I enjoyed our stay. I must say I think that some people are extremely picky; you get what you paid for! This is not a 5 star resort and you dont pay a 5 star price.
The cons: the toilet leaked and the shower wasnt clean, the room did also have a smell at some times, and the band playing are extremely loud especially on weekends
The Pros: the pool it is amazing, the rooms were serviced everyday and kept clean, the staff that I dealt with were friendly, the location is great, and the price makes this a place I will defintely return to.
If you are looking for a luxury resort this is not it, if you are looking for a base to enjoy the sights of Patong and are not fussed by small details you will love it lie we did.

Room Tip: Definitely get a pool access room, this made our stay
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Booked a Grand Deluxe room for my parents and the room was great just like a 4 to 5 star hotel. Breakfast selection was good. Shopping stalls was right at the hotel front with OTOP market a stone throw away. My parents had an early flight home and had to check out at 5am in the morning. My mum was so touched when the staff packed them breakfast knowing that they could have breakfast in time. I was a bit worried on the reviews from other guests initially but didnt regret after all. I totally agree with review from Rod W you get what you give. Treat others like how you wish to be treated. However, the superior room need to be refurbished as it was really old during my one night stay there.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Baumanburi Hotel? Share your experiences!