“Value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baumanburi Hotel

You added Baumanburi Hotel to your Saves list
Baumanburi Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   239/1 Rat-u-Thit 200 Pi Road | Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #195 of 285 Hotels in Patong
Brisbane, Australia
“Value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stayed here over Christmas with my wife and our three adult boys. Had a pool access room which was great and the boys shared a room on the fist level . Worked really well for them as they spend most of the time in our room raiding the bar fridge. Would recommend a pool access room as it makes all the difference. Reception staff very friendly however one of the manager very rude and needs a refresher course in customer service. He was not rude directly to me otherwise I would have made him very aware of his shortcommings. On the downside they need to do some work on their breakfast as it is very plain but with a minimium amount of work and better quality they could make some huge improvements.
Location is fine, the hotel is clean, the pool good and overall very good value for money as long as you are not expecting five star you should be happy.

Room Tip: Always get the pool access room. Makes all the diffference.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Baumanburi is a 4star property in Phuket. Patong Beach is only 200mtrs from the hotel. The patong beach area is very good. Lots of indian restaurants are nearby this hotel and are good. There is a lot to see in Patong/Phuket and it is a good destination.

Room Tip: rooms near pool are good.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed here for a week with my brother and friend and we managed to get a great deal on our room rates as it was not peak season. The location of the hotel is great, as is the pool, breakfast, cocktails & staff. Generally we were pretty easy do deal with clients, however on the two occasions that we misplaced our keys late at night after going out partying, the hotel staff were extremely helpful in ensuring we were able to quickly get back into our rooms.

The stand out for me was that after en error with their dry cleaning where a pair of my expensive jeans were lost the day before I had to leave the manager placed a note on file that if the jeans should show up that he would mail them to me back in Australia. I left there thinking that I had lost my jeans and that was the last I would ever see of them, with no real expectation that they would actually show up. To my surpirse a month later my jeans showed up n a parcel from Thailand to Australia at no cost to me. In my book, this puts the hotel in the category of going above and beyond which is great to see.

Room Tip: It's worth paying for the better rooms, as the difference is substancial. Although for the price...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

After reading a few bad reviews I was turned off this hotel - though when I arrived it all changed. I believe the people writing the bad reviews are snobby rich people who are used to more than a 5* service. The hotel is close to the beach and shopping centres. We stayed in a deluxe pool view room which had comfy beds and the room was very spacious. The pool is good, and the swim up bar has moderate priced drinks. 100 - 200Baht per cocktail. The buffet breakfast changed a few items everyday and was always nice. Oz one of the guys who worked there was more than helpful and you could tell he was a good asset to the hotel and the company in itself! I really enjoyed my stay here and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

After reading previous reviews from Ezystays voucher customers, I became very worried about staying here. I went on a family vacation with my sister-in-law and her family, my in-laws and my husband and I. Leading up to our trip I became very worried after reading the reviews that it was all going to be horrible! I am very pleased to say that we had a fantastic time, and could not be happier with the hotel and the service that we received. For what we paid for the Ezystay vouchers, we were very pleased with the hotel, it was clean and tidy, the pool was HUGE which the kids loved! There is a swim up bar, and breakfast offered a wide variety and was open for a couple of hours which was very convenient. The hotel is also in a fantastic spot, with everything located conveniently around. Jungceylon shopping centre is a ten minute walk down the road, and Otop shopping is just next door. If you walk out of the hotel and go left (opposite way of Otop), first you have the Mercure which does a fabulous smorgasboard, but past that there are a number of excellent massage places, which were very cheap! As part of our Ezystays voucher we also received a trip to Phi Phi Island. We were there for a week, and we happened to pick the worst day to go to Phi Phi Island, it was raining and the boat was very rocky, many people got sick, but what you gonna do? Luck of the draw! Overall, we were all very happy with this hotel, and if you have an Ezystays voucher, please do not be discouraged! After the reviews, we had such a fantastic experience that I felt I had to write a review. Hopefully this can put other Ezystay voucher customers at ease!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thane, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

This hotel is located on a cross road near Patong Beach. Almost walking distance from the beach. Absolutely fabulous the service, ambiance, rooms, pool.

However during the stay I happened to break one cup accidently and was ok to pay small fine. The hotel charged me 250 Bath for 1 cup, and was bit upset, however as the trip progressed I understood that entire Thailand follows the practice on such charges on small little things.

Read the instructions pasted in the rooms in the hotels.

Room Tip: Ground floor Rooms next to Pool are excellent, you can get in the pool from the room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We had an enjoyable stay at this hotel. The rooms were spaciuos and clean. The staffs were friendly and very obliging. The breakfast is normal but as for muslims we enjoyed it the have the Halal corner. It good for family group. It is just a walk away to other shopping arcades and other halal food centres....Our group consist of 20 golfers and all expressed their satisfaction during the stay.....zain

Room Tip: rooms on the south side quieter
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Baumanburi Hotel? Share your experiences!