Stayed a total of 12 nights at Baumanburi Hotel
6 guests & 4 rooms.
Rooms 1310, 1408,1409 & 1410.
We arrived at 11am, check in was at 2pm but they were fast and efficient in fixing our rooms.
On first expectations the rooms are large and clean however the longer we stayed the more and more we realized the lack of attention to detail within the entire hotel.
- The pool had sharp edges which were painful to step on.
- we used the pool for almost a week with no problems, however after one week we were approached by an arrogant looking manager who told us we were not to swim in the pool with our tshirts on and it was not good for the pool and that it was offensive to the other guests in the hotel and we had to get out immediately unless we took our tshirts off. Ridiculous. In all the hotels ive stayed at i have never been told we cant swim with our tshirts on. Through out the rest of the trip whenever we saw this manager he was frequently telling all the staff off and giving them a hard time. Not once did I ever see him smile, he had a constant sour look on his face.
- The rooms although cleaned every day were never swept properly and if I walked barefoot I had dirt all over my feet, every night before we went to bed I had to wash my feet because they were filthy. Also we left a little pile of change on the bench (less than $5aud) and when we came back from our tours it was taken. I'm not concerned about the monetary value just the fact that it was taken. I asked My friends if the same had happened to them and stated their change had also been taken... Now if it was just a coincidence or they staff thought it was a tip or not I'm not sure.
- for the first 3 days we had NO hot water IN ALL 4 ROOMS!! We called the reception and they stated it would be fixed within a few hours. It took 3 days!! Than when it was finally fixed, when you first turned the water on it was BLAZING hot even in the cold position! My tap in my bathroom was constantly leaking the entire time we were there and house keeping knew it was leaking because I Made a point of leaving my soap in the sink every morning and when I got back the soap was removed but the tap still leaking. My friends had to move rooms because their toilet was blocked and over flowed. My other friends toilet had to be fixed as it was leaking water.
- room 1310 had a distinct smell of mould coming from the airconditioning
- our rooms were directly across the road from the hard rock hotel so from about 5pm til 11pm they were blasting out horrendous renditions of popular songs. It was terrible! Most nights we made an effort to ensure we went out so we didn't have to hear it.
- included in our total room rate ($45 aud) was breakfast. Total waste of money. Totally over priced and not worth it. I understand we were in Thailand but the only thing edible was the toast and eggs everything else was terrible. Totally don't recommend it at all. There were curries, and soups galor but they weren't the best tasting either. There's no American style food for westerners, and every day it was the same food. We only ate there 3 times out of our 12 days.
- of the 6 of us, 5 of us got sick (excluding myself) from eating food from room service, I only ordered banana splits and pad Thai, however my friends ordered a wide variety of food from the menu and every morning after wards were violently ill. We had to call a doctor to see my friend because she vomiting so violently for 2 days. So best not to eat there.
- on the last 4 days we were awoken at 9am by drilling, which was really annoying especially when you just want to relax on the last few days of the trip.
- wifi was NOT free. You had to pay 100 baht for one hour -__- and becomes quiet expensive when you need to use the Internet frequently.
- over all the customer service was great, the bar staff and staff at the front of the hotel assisting you with luggage and taxis were great, they were always saying hello and making a point to go out of their way to get us what ever we needed. although they did have trouble with English we could understand a majority of what was being said.
- Location: the hotel was 5 mins walk from patong beach, and a 5 minute tuk tuk ride from bangla road and jungceylon shopping centre. There is a market directly next to the hotel and up and along the main road.
Overal: my partner and I would have rather stayed at the mercure hotel next door however because my friends wanted the cheapest hotel with a good location this is what we got. I don't think I would every stay at this hotel again, but if you're cheap and easily pleased than its just ok...
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.