Myself including my wife, her mum & friend stayed here from the 27/12/12 thru to the 4/01/13. Upon arrival we checked in & the booking was made thru Agoda & there was no problems with that. I requested two twin beds & that was met. Our original rooms where 408 & 411. We wanted to be next door to our other two travellers but with those to rooms we where not. It was no problem for the reception to accommodate the request & we ended up in rooms 411 & 412. Rooms where clean & tidy, bathroom was adequate & contained shower, toilet & wash basin in the one room. Water from the shower was always hot as well as the hand basin. Toilet never blocked up (which can be an issue in some Asian places).
Adequate lighting in the room & access to balcony although our room had a view to the side street. No real problem as that was great to dry our clothes. If want a balcony view with the room, best to ask for a balcony facing the pool .in your room requests. The air conditioning was working ok at 16 Deg C but possibly could use a service to makes its operation more efficient. Beds are firm & comfortable & there is two towels supplied daily as well as two pool towels.
There are two elevators as well as stairs & adequate fire extinguishers placed in hallways with emergency lighting if needed.
Breakfast was supplied in my booking & that consisted of cold spread of fruit & vegetables, toast, coffee or tea. There is also a choice of sauté potatoe, sausage, bacon, ham; fried egg, scrambled egg, omelette. Breakfast was always fresh & hot when we ordered it. There is a business centre with two computers to use. I found the one closest to reception better to use as the other one kept locking up. Wifi is only available in the lobby/restaurant area & for me dropped in & out a few times but that may have just been my computer. While on the net though it was reasonably fast.
Over the course of the time we stayed I had to ask for some assistance with organising a few things & only once it seemed a bit of a chore for some if the reception staff to help. That can happen anywhere so no criticism there You can eat outside meals in the dining area & we opted to leave a tip for the use of the cutlery & for people to wash them up.
Location of the hotel is pretty central in my opinion. It is of a side street from Rat-U-Thid road. There is a seven11 no less than 50 meters from the door & Op Top market is @ 250 meters from the door. Jungceylon shopping mall is @300meters from the hotel. My Mother in Law who travelled with us had a walking aid & was able to walk to all of these places so an able body person be able to do so. Tuk Tuk to Patong Beach road is 200THB=AUD$6.50. You could try & get them lower but remember, it’s only going to be a couple of dollars less!
Several restaurants, street vendors, massage places around this hotel on Rat-U-Thid road. The pool is super clean & checked all the time by staff for the right chemical levels. Transport is available at reception, but get in first or you will miss out.
At the end of my stay I would give this hotel a three star rating & I am quite happy to stay at these kind of hotels. You could probably pick it to pieces but for what I paid for our accommodation, I am more than happy with the hotel., I am sure there is better hotels out there but it's central, cheap & clean.
Over the back of the hotel, there is some construction. They start about 6am & go thru to 3pm. It isn't terribly noisy & during that time we where out & about mos of the time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Patong, Phuket's main tourist centre, Patong Beach Lodge is a short stroll from the beach and the shopping and entertainment district. Reached by a 40 minute drive from the airport, Patong is on Phuket's West Coast with a beautiful white-sand beach and picturesque bay. Patong has something for everyone with excellent shopping, many restaurants and endless entertainment options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Tingo, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL and Hotels.com so you can book your Inn Patong Beach Hotel Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Patong Beach Lodge Phuket Hotel Patong
- Patong Beach Hotel Phuket
- Patong Beach Resort Phuket
- Inn Patong Beach Hotel Phuket