So this guesthouse seemed good and had gotten pretty good reviews. But everything is not as
good as all those reviews are. When I came I got greeted nicely and I thought, well, this is pretty nice. I had booked a superior room, but once I got there i got upgraded to a family room. Pretty good.
So the room itself seemed very nice on the surface. But looks can most certainly be deceiving. The safetybox didn't work at all, and I was told they were gonna fix it as soon as possible, but it was never fixed. The room had only been cleaned roughly, and spots like under a lamp had a lot of dust. And behind the TV bench on the floor, there were huge dust lumps and an old used razor. No remote for the TV. The bathroom was simple, and not very nice cleaned as well. There still were some hair in the shower drain. And about the WiFi. To be honest, it must have been one of the worst I've encountered in Thailand. Extremely slow and unstable, so if you think WiFi is important for you, then chose another place. I could not connect to the floor I was on, and had to connect to the 4th floor, it had very low signal and got disconnected every 5 minutes. I complained about this of course, and one of the receptionist who was a bit rude asked me "I dont know, what CAN I do?" Well, I told them to restart the router, which in most cases solves the issue. But she couldn't do that and would call the owner, which she never did. 2 days later I got a hold of the owner and it was fixed within 5 minutes. The staff can't even do the simplest things.
But the location of the hotel is very nice. 5 minute walk to Jungceylon, and the street where the place is has a lot of bar/restaurants. The sleep quality was pretty good considering the busy street outside. On my next trip I think I will try look for different place.
- Also Known As:
- Little Buddha Guesthouse Hotel Patong
- Little Buddha Guesthouse Hotel
- Little Buddha Guesthouse Patong, Phuket
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Little Buddha Guesthouse is a low budget guesthouse a few minutes to the beach with rooms from 400 baht (20 US$) per night in high season and 250 baht (6 US$) in low season, you won't get better value accommodation in Patong Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Little Buddha Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.