“The tropical feel hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tropica Resort and Restaurant

You added Tropica Resort and Restaurant to your Saves list
Tropica Resort and Restaurant
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   132 Thaweewong Rd | Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #162 of 285 Hotels in Patong
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“The tropical feel hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This hotel is situated at the ever busy Patong beach road and within near walking distance to Bangla Road. What's lacking is the main signage to this hotel and there's only one narrow road (able to fit one vehicle) leading to the main reception. They provide a decent pool but beware of mosquitoes because it's the tropical concept. The room is alright, equipped with 40" LCD TV, fridge, hairdryer and safe deposit box. My room number was 014 and you can hear gigantic rats moving about in the ceiling towards the evening. You must keep the room door close at all times, otherwise the mosquitoes will start crashing in. The staffs were friendly and they speak good English too. The hotel owns a restaurant too and patrons of the hotel get 20% discount.

P/S they are currently doing some renovation and extension so given time, they'll look even better in future!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Claflin, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Tropica hotel was a very nice spot close to the beach and all the action on Bangla road. The rooms are clean and very nice but they just had to many rules for me. First you cant bring outside food or drinks (I was stopped with a small grocery bag and six pack and was told I cant bring that to my room). The biggest one was that they charge a 500 baht fee for "guest". Im pretty sure I paid enough for my room I can have someone over if I want. But if your just in patong to relax (yeah right) or a couple traveling together this is a great hotel. If your a single traveler and are looking to party and not have hotel staff stop you for something half the time I would recommend going somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Port Isabel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The bungalows are very clean and spacious. Staff is friendly and helpful with any request or questions. The location couldn't be better. Bangla road dead ends at the beach turn left about 50 feet and your at the hotel. Only a few blocks from the mall. Complementary full board breakfast every morning in their restaurant. Nice pool and a 500 usd joiner fee for any guest you would like to spend the night. I will return again

• Stayed March 2013
Sneek, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

it was a great holliday again.Always stay the same hotel (already 12x) ,so you can understand that i like this hotel very much. It has simple but clean rooms, very nice staff and excellent restaurant. I am sure i will be back next holliday

Room Tip: take a room on the right site so you will have less problem with music from bangla road
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I booked this hotel because I don't like high rise hotels and it was exactly as I'd hoped. Lovely Bungalows set in tropical gardens with a refreshing pool and breakfast/restaurant on site. Directly opposite the beach, just around the corner from Bangla Rd, we didn't have to walk far for anything in fact we didn't use taxi's or Tuk Tuk's at all. I booked standard rooms not knowing any difference but they upgraded me to a superior room for the first night and I felt like a queen, grand bathroom, huge bed, LCD TV, I loved and appreciated the attention to detail in regards to the Swan towel at the end of the bed upon arrival- See pics..The next day I was supposed to move to my booked standard room and although it was pretty much the same but smaller, it was nearer to the front near reception and old, so I paid the extra 500 baht and got another superior room this time facing the pool.( Room 35 I think) While I was there (5 days) all the Bungalows facing the pool received brand new mattresses as well. I loved sitting peacefully on my verandah, my daughter and her friend had a twin bed room further along the same area but that meant they could hear the noise from Bangla Rd a bit more than me and yes the peacocks they could do without but as it happens i found I got used to it after just a day as they are housed near the pool , they do make a loud noise. The staff are very nice, very good english speaking. There was young girl at breakfast which always greeted you with a big smile and ask how you are, all the staff seemed happy to be there. The restaurant is very popular at night, always full, food is excellent. Breakfast has all you need, bacon , eggs many different ways, fruit, yogurt, cereal ,great coffee , pastries ..I cant understand how anyone could be disappointed with that. The bungalows are kept very clean, the cleaning staff are working all day, one day I noted the lady always coming out of the rooms after she'd finished cleaning it with a can of insect spray and I can honestly say I never saw an ant or anything crawling in my room. Everything is spotless from the pool area to the gardens themselves so highly recommend and would stay again. I paid 2100 THB for standard but upgraded for 500 baht, my daughter paid 2500 for a twin bed room and upgraded to superior as well. I must have paid less as it was only me, not sure. I booked directly with the hotel and received prompt replies everytime. The only disappointing thing was that my daughter and her friend were told that there was not a twin bed room available on the first 2 nights so they had to share a double bed which they did not appreciate and having booked five months in advance and assured that a twin bed room was available, this was unacceptable really, but these things happen unfortunatley. There seemed to be plenty of Superior rooms vacant so go for that and you shouldn't have a problem.

Room Tip: Choose a superior room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is my 2nd time staying with Tropica Bungalow. I love the location. It is close enough to the party scene to live it up in Patong, but also far enough away that you can get some sleep.

The price has drastically gone up since last year at this time though. I would say it is expensive now. I paid 5600 THB for 2 nights, 1 room with breakfast.

The breakfast is very good and the omelette lady is lovely. She is very kind with a big smile.

I would consider staying again depending on my budget.

The pool is refreshing and the room very clean with comfortable beds.

Room Tip: The bottom floor is not loud and is close to the pool!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Darwin, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Staff were great, room as good but a little dated.
Breakfast was good.
Peacocks out back near the pool made sleeping very difficult as they were noisy all night.
I mentioned the peacocks to the staff and they said they had lots of complaints but the boss was not listening.

Room Tip: Stay away from the peacocks, you will be kept awake all night.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Tropica Resort and Restaurant? Share your experiences!