“A Tropical Oasis” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tropica Resort and Restaurant

You added Tropica Resort and Restaurant to your Saves list
Tropica Resort and Restaurant
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   132 Thaweewong Rd | Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #153 of 278 Hotels in Patong
Perth, Australia
“A Tropical Oasis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I booked this hotel because I don't like high rise hotels and it was exactly as I'd hoped. Lovely Bungalows set in tropical gardens with a refreshing pool and breakfast/restaurant on site. Directly opposite the beach, just around the corner from Bangla Rd, we didn't have to walk far for anything in fact we didn't use taxi's or Tuk Tuk's at all. I booked standard rooms not knowing any difference but they upgraded me to a superior room for the first night and I felt like a queen, grand bathroom, huge bed, LCD TV, I loved and appreciated the attention to detail in regards to the Swan towel at the end of the bed upon arrival- See pics..The next day I was supposed to move to my booked standard room and although it was pretty much the same but smaller, it was nearer to the front near reception and old, so I paid the extra 500 baht and got another superior room this time facing the pool.( Room 35 I think) While I was there (5 days) all the Bungalows facing the pool received brand new mattresses as well. I loved sitting peacefully on my verandah, my daughter and her friend had a twin bed room further along the same area but that meant they could hear the noise from Bangla Rd a bit more than me and yes the peacocks they could do without but as it happens i found I got used to it after just a day as they are housed near the pool , they do make a loud noise. The staff are very nice, very good english speaking. There was young girl at breakfast which always greeted you with a big smile and ask how you are, all the staff seemed happy to be there. The restaurant is very popular at night, always full, food is excellent. Breakfast has all you need, bacon , eggs many different ways, fruit, yogurt, cereal ,great coffee , pastries ..I cant understand how anyone could be disappointed with that. The bungalows are kept very clean, the cleaning staff are working all day, one day I noted the lady always coming out of the rooms after she'd finished cleaning it with a can of insect spray and I can honestly say I never saw an ant or anything crawling in my room. Everything is spotless from the pool area to the gardens themselves so highly recommend and would stay again. I paid 2100 THB for standard but upgraded for 500 baht, my daughter paid 2500 for a twin bed room and upgraded to superior as well. I must have paid less as it was only me, not sure. I booked directly with the hotel and received prompt replies everytime. The only disappointing thing was that my daughter and her friend were told that there was not a twin bed room available on the first 2 nights so they had to share a double bed which they did not appreciate and having booked five months in advance and assured that a twin bed room was available, this was unacceptable really, but these things happen unfortunatley. There seemed to be plenty of Superior rooms vacant so go for that and you shouldn't have a problem.

Room Tip: Choose a superior room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is my 2nd time staying with Tropica Bungalow. I love the location. It is close enough to the party scene to live it up in Patong, but also far enough away that you can get some sleep.

The price has drastically gone up since last year at this time though. I would say it is expensive now. I paid 5600 THB for 2 nights, 1 room with breakfast.

The breakfast is very good and the omelette lady is lovely. She is very kind with a big smile.

I would consider staying again depending on my budget.

The pool is refreshing and the room very clean with comfortable beds.

Room Tip: The bottom floor is not loud and is close to the pool!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Darwin, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Staff were great, room as good but a little dated.
Breakfast was good.
Peacocks out back near the pool made sleeping very difficult as they were noisy all night.
I mentioned the peacocks to the staff and they said they had lots of complaints but the boss was not listening.

Room Tip: Stay away from the peacocks, you will be kept awake all night.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
St Kilda, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We recently stayed at the Tropica Bungalows for 15 nights in a twin room,I was disappointed with this hotel that said the staff are fantastic very friendly and helpful, the cleanliness of the room is fantastic it is second to none, the negatives the breakfast is not great, not much of a variety so not a lot of choices, the hotel and rooms are showing a lot of wear and tear and could definetly do with an upgrade, flat screen televisions were installed during our stay, the pool is not very inviting, we also had to pay for a christmas eve and new years eve dinner which were 2000 and 2500 bht each,very disappointing they were they would of been great if you like seafood not much on offer for non seafood eaters or for children, the positives are the fantastic staff!

Room Tip: Request a room close to reception as they are quieter as there is a lot of noise from bangla road
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Perth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was there with friends and my wife for 1 week,
the first day we had on our bathroom 2 big white towels, 2 white hand towel , 1 floor mat and 2 beach towels, however after the first time the housekeeper clean our room, 1 beach towel dissapear.
The thing is the day when we were leaving the Hotel we stop to have breakfast at the reastaurant when one of the recepcionist came to tell me that one bottle of vodka and one beach towel were missing, things which i did not took or drink even I expplain them. so for the rest of the tourist who are planning to stay there check everyday what you have inside of your room because at the end you will have to pay if something is missing as i have to pay for stuff wich i did not took or drink. worst experience ever and last time in Thailand and be carefull with the riip off on any ways

Room Tip: if you want a quiet place no noise, and honestly, strongly recommended to do not even th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
tropica11, Manager at Tropica Resort and Restaurant, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
We have 100 guests who never complain about something gets taken away from their room, our staff has nothing of taking away a towel, or charge a bottle of spirit, which we do not have in our rooms, we offer no minibar, so I'm wondering how this could happen.
If this guest would look up Tripadvisor sometimes and read about our hotel, he would have seen that some guests telling about the nightlife road not far away and could have asked for a quiet room.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Having stayed at Tropica Bungalows previously (4 years ago) I was a little worried that things would not be as good as I remembered them !!!! Things weren't as good as 4 years ago , they were better !!!! the staff are all really friendly , the breakfast was great ( good selection , and eggs cooked to order) , the rooms are really comfortable , and the pool area was perfect . The only drawback is the noise from Bangla road ( but hey, why stay there if you aren't going to enjoy the nightlife!?!). Couldn't be more conveniently placed for the beach,shopping and nightlife. In short, if you're in Patong this is THE place to stay!!!

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms closest to Bangla road if you can!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Very beautiful place to stay in Phuket, very close to beach, and has excellent room layouts, each room has its own privacy, and it feels like individual Raw house units, best restaurant and polite staff

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Tropica Resort and Restaurant? Share your experiences!