“Tropica Brilliant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tropica Resort and Restaurant

Save Saved
You added Tropica Resort and Restaurant to your Saves list
Tropica Resort and Restaurant
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   132 Thaweewong Rd | Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #128 of 261 hotels in Patong
Gosport
“Tropica Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

i have stayed at the Tropica several times and although some people may not like the idea of being next to the noise of Bangla Rd i found it all very convenient. The beach is literally just across the main road (if you can dodge the traffic) and for night time Bangla Rd is virtually next door. The food i found very good and the staff very friendly. one lady waitress at breakfast insisted on always getting my tea or coffee. The reception staff very helpful. My first visit i was booked for a apartment but did not like it so they changed me to a bungalow which i think was number 22 or 24 just behind the reception. The room was clean although the shower room looked as if it could do with a refurb. Air con plus fan good. Safe deposit box, TV, also a verandah with table and chairs. Cost, well it was competitive all in all if it beach and night life plus good hotel then go for Tropica

Room Tip: go for a bungalow take no notice of nightly noise from Bangla Rd its not that bad of course you can...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

I moved here after 1 night at The Nap (because my budget insisted!!) and even so I was not disappointed! For the price I think it is a very good option as it is clean, relatively well equipped & the staff are friendly. I would not recommend for young families as you can hear music from Bangla at night but for me the location is superb - I like the beach by day & bars by night!!! I would stay again if I return to Patong but I think next time I will head for somewhere a little less commercial altogether!

• Stayed May 2012
Arnhem, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

The beach is across the street.
Nice bungalows in a tropical garden. Restaurant at street side.
Very close to entertainment.
Good housekeeping.
Small clean pool.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Kuwait, Al Kuwayt, Kuwait
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

1. Terrible Bathroom.
2. Reptiles are everywhere.
3. Old and sign of use appear on all equipments.
4. Unclean Rooms and halls.

Not Recommended at ALL.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Zurich, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

Stayed here beginning of January 2012 (5Nights). Booked for 2 people over Agoda but voucher showed 1 person. Sent a messge to change to 2 people but voucher was still not ammended so we called direct to hotel to ask if they got the ammendment. The reply was 'YES' and all is okay with the booking. On the second day of our stay, we got a rude shock and were told to pay more. We tried to talk with the lady manager who was not very friendly and she even tried to call us liars saying that we did not call the hotel about our booking. In all my travels I have never been treated like this before. She didn't even try to meet us halfway - just wanted the money. Appauling treatment!!!!!! Problem here was the Front Office could not speak English! Will never go back here again. (2 peacocks opposite the rooms which made terrible noises besides the noisy Bangla street.)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
tropica11, Manager at Tropica Resort and Restaurant, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
This happens from time to time, guest who book trough an online website like Agoda, believe the hotel can change the mistakes they made upon booking, we can not.
The booking can only be changed by Agoda, the guest is responsible to have the booking correct.
If he booked for one person, it will be a different price then 2 person, and we can not change that.
Each guest who books with such a website is responsible for the booking details, and if he needs to change something, he has to do that with the company, not with us.
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

I booked TWO bungalows for 3 nights in January 2012, which is high season obviously. I paid a deposit of 6030 baht when I booked in July 2011 and I admit I did see the no deposit refund clause. However when due to unforeseen circumstances we had to cancel our booking, I gave THREE CLEAR MONTHS notice of our cancellation. I emailed and explained our situation and asked that due to the fact I had given so much notice and that as the booking was in high season they would certainly have no problem rebooking the rooms - could they please refund my large deposit. I received an email on 14th October saying that the person reading my email would ask his boss and let me know, but I have heard nothing since, nor have I received even a part refund. Also I was quoted 1300 baht for our family of 5 to be picked up from the airport on the evening of our arrival by Tropica.... which is twice what another nearby similar priced hotel quoted.

Having read the Hotels replies to other people who have posted bad comments on T.A. - I can see that the Management has a lot to learn when it comes to customer service. I'm very glad we won't be staying at this Hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
tropica11, Manager at Tropica Resort and Restaurant, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
Many our guests book in advance to get our early bird discount.
As this guest did, she even cancelled her first booking done trough an online company, to get the discount. Then she cancels due to unforeseen circumstances this booking as well.
The reason given was weak, every hotel has such guests, booking and cancel, because they have found another cheaper place ( see her last line stayed in Phuket in December 2011 with family )
Now we clearly mention that a deposit is non refundable, to avoid such guests, we call shoppers, shopping around and book hotels just to cancel later on, many a few days before arrival.
How unfair this guest is you can see what she says about the pickup price, 5 persons , minibus, late night pickup, airport to hotel 45 km distance, the driver has to drive to airport and back, 1300.-Bht , please tell me a hotel which charges half this price.
The management
Tel Aviv, Israel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

Disgusting, disgusting water with a weak stream, a wide range of flying which wants to sting you. Shocking staff and don't functioned well. When we arrived the room we encountered Bllachlocc on the sheets form mouse droppings. Great location opposite don't come to this hotel!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
tropica11, Manager at Tropica Resort and Restaurant, responded to this review, October 30, 2011
Water which has no strong pressure, disgusting?
Mouse droppings on the bed?
Some people do not know the difference between a mouse and a gecko, which is by the way a very useful animal, eating insects. In the tropics we have insects, more so in the raining time and no one can avoid geckos, I’m happy to have them in my house. This does not mean it is right to have a gecko dropping on a bed, our staff does clean every room daily, but it can happen.
It looks to me like this guest complains are unfair overblown, If you cannot stand Insects, stay away from the tropics, holidays on Ice avoids insects.

Been to Tropica Resort and Restaurant? Share your experiences!