“Nice and Comfortable and Good Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Leelawadee Boutique Hotel

You added Leelawadee Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Leelawadee Boutique Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1/1 Siriraj Rd | Patong Beach, Kathu, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150 , Thailand   |
Ranked #172 of 285 Hotels in Patong
Clifton Park, New York
“Nice and Comfortable and Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

We stayed here during Chinese New Year break. Since it was a last minute booking were were not too expectant and as it turned out we were surprised. Our family was very comfortable and my daughter had a great time by the pool. Breakfast was ampel. The pool was nice and service great. Rooms were clean and nice and beds good also.

Please note that this hotel is not the kind of place you want to spend your days lazing around at. It was more than sufficient for our type of travel - i.e. seeing sights and using the hotel base as a nice respite location for relaxing by the pool, sleeping showering and refuling.

Its greatest drawback was it's location, but it was within walking distance to the main drag - and I use that word intentionally - I guess that's a positive then.
However I would have liked it closer to the almost non-existant beach - due to umbrellas and beach beds.

We hired a car and found our own wonderful places. The tours offered to remote islands and some not so remote is a not to be missed experience.

If you condition yourself to the above you'll enjoy your stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Stayed 28th-31 Oct 2011

My wife and I booked this hotel months ago for a romantic wedding anniversary getaway. There was no mention on the website of any renovation work when we booked, and when the website started to show that information, we were relieved to see that it would be completed before our arrival. This was not the case, although we weren't very worried, since the website states only that, 'there will be no visual disturbance but some construction noise'.

This is a massive under-statement. Please be aware that there are currently ZERO facilities since the place is a construction site. The renovation completion date keeps moving - delay after delay which does not bode well for visitors who will expect their money's worth now that it is peak season and rooms cost double what they did during our stay.

In short, there is NO restaurant, breakfast, lunch or dinner, room service, swimming pool, not even tea and coffee facilities in the rooms. There was supposed to be wi-fi but that didn't work, and the staff were unhelpful, unfriendly, and downright rude.

So our hopes for a relaxed weekend by the pool, followed by romantic dinners in the room, were immediately dashed when we arrived and saw the state of the hotel. To add insult to injury, my wife (who was visibly upset) was LAUGHED AT by a particularly crass receptionist who clearly should not be in a customer service role.

On the plus side, the room was clean, and a decent size. But if you're looking for more than just a bed for the night, I would not recommend that you book a stay at Leelawadee until the renovations are complete .Although with the ever-changing completion date, who knows when that will be.

There is a simple solution. Stay next door to the C&N Resort and Spa where the hotel is not a building site, and the staff are professional, accommodating, knowledgeable and courteous.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Kuala terengganu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

Hi guys..just came back from Phuket, patong this morning. Still need to finish my unsettle business...Zzzz..not enough sleep last night need to rush back for work today. Will settle that business tonight as soon as possible...;)
Back to the Leelawadee Patong. Errmm...dusty, noisy when they start working (they will use the iron cutting machine etc & hitting the nails for their new restaurants). My room is facing the swimming pool. They are rushing completing the renovation. Once the renovation done I think that swimming pool will be congested with people. Not many people staying in Leelawadee..a few chinese couple & europeans i guest. The conclusion is don't go to Leelawadee now but please choose leelawadee once they have completed their renovation...;) The rest are ok. Staff are nice. The room is big..correct & tidy..correct perfect for me & my wife. Aircond was functioning well. They refund my breakfast money because the restaurants can't be use.
Ok enough for hotel. Trip to Phi Phi island was great & smooth..weather was nice.Patong town has grown turmendously fast compared to my last visit in 2008. The road facing in front of the patong beach has been converted into a one way road. There have been a pedestrian road been created toward their major midnight clubs that is so nice & happenings. What else??...errmm...my advise rent a motorbike if you choose to stay in Leelawadee because the location is quite far from the most happening spot in patong and need to walk about 15 to 20 minutes to Jungceylon. But near to the Simon Caberet if you wish watch the show. Airport to hotel...my advise choose the minibus on 150 baht compare to private car 1000 baht. Study which trip you want to try I mean the island tours. There are a few choices or itineraries that can be followed. Choose the best price & the agent who taking care of you because I've heard an incident have occured to my friend last two days when they went for the Phi Phi island trip. They stayed at Surin. Well guys I have had a good trip to phuket, patong with my wife thanks for the info. earlier i've read from this previous witer about leelawadee & phuket..insyaallah will come back again. (might want to try the james bond island tri & fantasea..didn't manage to do it becoz not enough money & time..;) thanks guys & gudluck!!!...

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the swimming pool. Of course you will need to pay extra but believe me. It is w...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Stayed her with 2 other friends in Aug 2011. I would like to first declare that we picked a bad time to come to this hotel as they were renovating the swimming pool and restaurant so this may not be a very accurate review.

The staff were very friendly upon our arrival and did apologise for the renovation. They spoke good enough English. There's also a tour desk at the reception but we didn't book anything from there. The hotel is located on a small hill and you can take the lift from the reception to the rooms but most of the rooms are only accessible via the stairs after that. So please do not scrimp on the bell assistance. Overall, the landscape of the hotel is not bad. The pool I imagine would look spectacular after the renovation as the landscape around was quite well done.

On to the rooms, we had a room with a huge King bed and an extra bed. It wasn't new but had nice finishings mostly wood. There's a mini bar, wardrobe and study table. It was comfortable for the 3 of us but I do still have complaints. Firstly, the room was really dim and dark probably cos there wasn't a ceiling lamp. Secondly, hot water didn't come fast enough in the showers. Took a while in the morning before it got warm. Thirdly, the other reviews mentioned that there was free wifi but we didn't manage to go on the web at all in the rooms and they gave us a code for it for usage in the reception area but it was wrong. Eventually, we gave up altogether. Just wondering if it could be because of the renovation.

The hotel's located about a 15 min walk to Jungceylon Shopping Centre and Patong Beach but there're lots of shops and food stalls along the way. We only visited the beach once during our stay in Phuket so the distance didn't really bother us. However, I do recommend a hotel closer to the beach if you plan on visiting it everyday. Not fun to walk back under the hot sun. Also, not many cab drivers know where this hotel is so ensure that you bring the hotel card with you or just tell them that it's beside the Simon Cabaret. Do not book a cab to the airport via the hotel cos there are much cheaper options from the cab drivers on the road.

All in all, it's a very comfortable hotel and I would probably be back after the renovations are done.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Cape Town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

The Leelawadee Boutique Hotel is situated at the top of the road running in front of Jung Ceylon and Phuket Otop Market, about 15 minutes' walk away. Tuk-tuks and taxis abound and it is easy to get around. Turn left and walk down to Patong Beach, about 10 minutes.

The hotel itself is a neat, clean little boutique hotel. The rooms are spacious with either a private balcony onto the garden (blissful) or onto the pool. The pool is situated in a small garden with lovely trees and scaped shrubbery. The pool bar is open until 22h00 and mixes the best Mai Thai as far as I'm concerned. The restaurant serves a wide variety of both Thai and western dishes at really reasonable prices. The buffet breakfast is fully European - fruit, fruit juices, bacon, eggs, sauasges, omeletes, toast, coffee and tea. All rooms have free high-speed wi-fi access. Just remember to ask for a hairdryer and kettle at reception.

There was a cat family right by our balcony. We fed them, since the little baby looked very poorly and after a week he had fattened up a bit. Please feed them if you spot the ginger trio of Mom, Dad and Baby.

The location is not beach-front, but as I said a short walk. Depending on the season the walk can either be pleasant or dreadful if it's raining or a boiling hot day. It is very quiet however and one can sleep until you wake up - you're not woken by the sounds of town.

The only downfall of this hotel is their hooker-policy: right across the road is a "Gentlemans' Club" whose patrons seem to favour the Leelawadee to rent a room. We were woken at 2 am one morning by the horrid sounds of a prostitute and her customer in the room next door, and no amount of knocking on their door could get them to quiet down. We eventually had to get the security guard to sort them out. Another bad memory is finding hotel guests in the lift with what is clearly a prositute, en route to their rooms. Not nice to come across. The hotel will do well by toughening up on their policy.

There is however a big spa right next door which offers wonderful treatments at very affordable prices.

In all a very nice, affordable and comfortable quiet hotel in the quiet part of Patong, near enough to all facilitiets, events, shopping areas and beaches. Can definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

If you are looking for a hotel away from the actions, this is the one. It is located 15 minutes walk away from the beach and everything else. Maybe if I rented a motorbike, things could have been better.

I got the room with the 'tropical garden' view but realised that the one with the pool view is way better. Well, what I paid was what I get. There was a mouldy smell in the room but was okay after I opened up the door and let fresh air get in.

The menu was the same for everyday. Choose from one of the different styles of cooking the egg and to have it with bacon or ham or hotdogs. Free flow of coffee, tea and milk, there were cereals too!

Think I will consider another hotel or resort which is nearer to the beach as I find Leelawadee a bit troublesome to walk out and walk back.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
kolkata
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

good location who are there for relax, good staff, good food and breakfast , romm also was good and secured

Room Tip: get room with balcony pool side view
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Leelawadee Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!