“Hotel services” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa

You added Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   190 Thaweewong Road | Patong District, Amphur Kathu, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #96 of 285 Hotels in Patong
“Hotel services”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Pool areas fantastic and services very good. Great cocktail afternoon with other guests. Room service lacking with shower leaking very badly and nothing done. Room not cleaned well with jobs half done , despite informing reception.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with pool access or a room in the new wing.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We loved this Resort,My partner and I have been to it 3 times.Every stay was Fantasic.Great view of awesome pool and Patong Beach.Nice breakfast,clean big room,helpful staff.This hotel has 3 huge pools.The best I we have ever seen.Close to shopping and 2 secs away from Patong Beach.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Whilst it is several months since we returned from our holiday due to some ongoing health challenges, I still want to pass on our experience.

My husband and I found this resort very comfortable, clean and spacious, and with an excellent breakfast. As it is across the road from the beach, security guards ensure only guests can enter; the same at the car park, and we felt very safe at all times.

Room Service was prompt and delivered fresh and hot. The rooms were cleaned to a high standard and the housekeeping staff were friendly and obliging. Our favourite room was the business services/library which provided couches and cushions, quiet and good airconditioning - a real retreat if overcome by the heat.

At Reception, everyone tries very hard to help, but extremely little English is understood or spoken, so I would recommend taking a phrase book. This became difficult when my husband became ill and needed a doctor, and after asking several staff, they said to go to the local hospital.

Then in our hour of need, we had an amazing experience! I told the Concierge of our predicament and the need for medical expertise and he immediately sent someone off to get a specific driver of a taxi parked on their premises. This was Mr Jojo, and what a relief it was to find he spoke English and quickly assessed and understood what was needed. On the way, he said my husband needed to go to the International Hospital in Phuket, 45 minutes away, not the local hospital. He gave a fair quote and we decided to put our trust in him. Are we glad we did! Mr Jojo explained that with our permission he would translate details of my husband's condition, which was rather complicated, and help obtain the quickest attention. He would stay with us and drive us back afterwards. I said this could take many hours and it was evening, but he assured us he was there to see us through.

As good as his word, on arrival Mr Jojo grabbed a wheelchair and took us straight to Emergency and translated details which were then checked out with us. My husband was triaged immediately and after only a few minutes was attended by an English-speaking Doctor. Afterwards he wheeled my husband and carry bags to the pharmacy, got us safe water to drink to start medications, and when ready guided us through Accounts and discharge. He brought his parked taxi to us and returned us safely to Graceland, now quite late in the evening. His charge was no more than the very fair amount quoted several hours earlier.

I believe Mr Jojo is the Supervisor of all the taxis at Graceland, and we want to highly commend him to the Graceland managers and owners. He was an answer to prayer in our time of need, going over and above all expectations to give genuine help to foreigners away from home. We will always remember and be thankful for his generosity, helpfulness, good sense, and integrity.

Please remember Mr Jojo if you are at Gracelands or need a taxi. His card gives his mobile no. as 0848897529.

We would not hesitate to stay at Gracelands again.

Room Tip: Higher floor has good view and above any noise at pool. Lower rooms have people walking past constan...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Graceland for 18 nights in Feb 2013. This is the third time we have stayed here and each time we have been well looked after. We have always found the service to be fantastic and the staff very accommodating and friendly. Last time we stayed my husband received a cake for his birthday which was unexpected and started our day off on the perfect note. The pool areas are excellent, and the library is also good, the internet access and dvd rental is cheap. We have never had any difficulties communicating with the staff, considering english is not their first language they do an excellent job. We always request a room on the top level facing the upstairs pool, so no real issues with mozzies, good view, balcony and minimal noise. The location of the hotel means its close to everything you need or only a short walk away, but far enough away that you don't get heaps of noise. Grace bar at the front serves really nice food, all fresh and you can get takeaway if you want. Very nice to watch the sun set while getting a meal. Also, the taxi drivers at the hotel are excellent! Reasonably priced, trustworthy and know all the good places to take you, especially Adam, we can highly recommend him. Overall, not really a bad word I can say about Graceland, other than the bed can be a bit hard but you can ask for a mattress topper if its an issue. Can't wait to go back :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Coming here as a group of 4 friends, we had a deluxe room booked, and a deluxe pool access for 8 nights.
Checking in, the lady behind the counter by the name of Poopae was EXTREMELY rude, telling me I only had 1 room booked.
I had to log on to the wifi and show her the confirmation of the second room, she snatched my iPad and rolled her eyes at me. Finally got shown to our rooms (5min walk apart) we got to our pool access room. It was NOTHING like the photo, it was full of Mosquitos, our bedding was damp and it had mould on it!! We went to the counter saying the room was nothing like the photos and explained the bedding & mould situation. The lady started talking in Thai to the other employee's and they all started laughing in my face. She told me someone would come down and spray the room with fly spray & change the bedding.... 1 hour later nothing was done, went down and spoke to them again, same situation happened and told me they would send someone down.... Nothing was done. I had mosquito bites on my face & legs by this time, it didn't help that there was a creepy old man sitting on our pool step trying to look into our room!
We called reception and they said we had to sleep there for 2 nights then could be moved. Not going to risk breathing in mould and getting bitten by mosquito's!!

We all packed our bags and checked out, not even staying one night. Paid $1400 for pool room and got mouldy damp sheets that smelt and was insect ridden.

We got our $100 deposit each back and left, with no apologies or anything. We booked with Agoda so unfortunately we cannot get a refund, this room was not in any condition to stay in..

If you appreciate and love your 4-5 star hotels, DO NOT STAY HERE!!! 2-3 star max. Very old, too big, and is not a place for a group of friends!

We stayed at Absolute Bangla Suites. AMAZING is all I can say. Sitting in our studio room now could not ask for anything better.

Be warned people! I love my 5 star hotels and Graceland was such a disappointment!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I travelled in January 2011 to Graceland resort and my family and I absolutely loved it!! The service was awesome and the pool was our favourite bit! It is right on the beach and only a small walk to the markets. Very highly recommended!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This place is fantastic! i was there for 10 days and definitely did not want to leave! It's right in front of the beach so if you get sick of the pool (which you probably wont. Swim up bar with extremely friendly staff and good service!) you can just walk a few seconds across the road. Its about a 10-15 minute walk up to Bangla Rd, so not very far at all, didn't use one tuk tuk besides of course going to other attraction sites around Phuket.

Staff are very helpful and friendly. We stayed in the cheapest room available and it was more than enough. The location of our room, however, was not that great. So I suggest requesting a room perhaps facing the pools or a room with a balcony. Our room was right near the main entrance to the hotel which did not provide us with a very nice veiw.

Buffet breakfast provided everyone with a lot of tasty varieties.

Room Tip: request a room with a balcony more centre to the resort.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!