I stayed at this hotel from January 3 to 6, 2014. I have never had a worse experience. First of all, Blue Marine should clarify in its website that it is not on Patong Beach but on Kalim Beach. Each return trip to Patong beach can easily cost a traveler 500 Baht. My unpleasant experience started from Bangkok, when I tried to ensure my over-priced ride to the hotel from the airport. It was a trying experience to explain to them that my booking was pre-paid as was my airport transfer. Check-in process was a night mare. In spite of all information available with the front desk, it took them an hour to check me in. There were only two staff at check-in, with permanent frowns on their faces. Another traveler was checking in next to me. He, however, returned after being sent to his assigned room because a guest was already sleeping there!! The staff who was checking us in didn't bother to answer the phone on her desk that kept on ringing. When she finally answered, her reply to a query from the other side was, I am busy!
Hotel buildings are located on different layers of the mountain. Although the hotel provides shuttles, sometimes one has to wait for 45 mins! The following day, I tried to book another room for a friend under my name with my passport and my credit. They just refused. Advised me that my friend should do it himself when he arrives. This is the first time in my life I have seen a hotel refusing to sell a room. When I tried to arrange pick up for my friend, the concierge was probably the rudest of the lot. The wi-fi in the rooms was dysfunctional so I could not collect my friend's arrival time. When I gave the concierge the flight number and asked him to collect arrival time from the web, he refused. Language was a major barrier. Staff hardly spoke English and the ones that did were foreigners (i met one Filipino) and too smart. I sought help from one of the front desk staff but the concierge, little knowing that I speak, read and write Thai, told his colleague to send me off, "Mai mi internet, pai loei!!" Appalling!!!
Our room wasn't dirty but we only got bathroom amenities when we checked in. It was never replenished. A previous guest's soap was hanging by the shower and housekeeping never bothered to remove it. After asking for an ashtray for five times, we got it. On our last day, they almost threw us out!!! I have never come across a hotel that wouldn't let us stay for at least a couple of hours beyond the noon check-out time. When I called front desk, I was informed that even if I check out at 12;01PM, I will have to pay for another day. To top it off, the front desk sent the bell-boy and we were not even packed because it was 11:00 AM. The bell-boy, his rudeness, did not shy away from telling us in a loud voice, "why u call me if not ready!" I can;t believe I paid as much as US$165 per night for such a disgusting place.
An over-priced, inhospitable and abhorring place!
- Also Known As:
- Blue Marine Resort And Spa
- Blue Marine Hotel Patong
- Blue Marine Resort
- Blue Marine Hotel
- The Blue Marine Resort & Spa, Managed By Centara Patong, Phuket
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the cliff at the quiet northern end of Patong Beach, the resort has a dazzling view of the Andaman Sea and is backed by green forest, a location that combines gentle sea breezes and the fragrance of the tropical woodland. This tranquil spot is however only minutes away from the centre of Patong, with its endless leisure attractions, shopping opportunities, and amazing nightlife. The location and the resort facilities make this an ideal venue for couples, families, and those on corporate programmes or incentives tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Expedia, HostelBookers and Venere so you can book your The Blue Marine Resort & Spa, Managed by Centara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.