Great location, choice of 3 pools with amazing views... that was the highlight. Swim up bar was no in use had to walk to restaurant bar to order drinks, annoying.
We had some treatments at the spa and although the attendants were lovely they didn't quite give the impression that they knew what they were doing. Was enjoyable though.
The lack of english speaking hotel staff was terrible, on several occasions we gave up as they couldn't understand and had poor local knowledge of price of taxis, locations of beaches etc.
Breakfast was nice, setting was lovely but choice was lacking, we stayed for 5 nights and had little change & on one occasion they didnt have any eggs (pretty standard).
Our room was nicely furnished, beds however were quite hard & uncomfortable. Fresh towels & water was provided daily which was a bonus. On our balcony we only had 1 deck chair so couldn't enjoy it as much as we would have liked. I did call reception to alert them of the lack of furniture as everyone else seemed to have 2 chairs a table & drying rack, nothing was done. We also had a problem with the fridge, I again called reception but due to the poor English skills I dont think they understood. Problem was rectified after I went to reception in person to explain the problem for the second time. TV was old for what you'd expect in a 4*.
Shuttle service was great however we did not know until our last day it ran into town, would have used it a lot more if times were listed somewhere. I couldn't see any in the welcome info.
Lastly be careful when using phone in room, we were charged 100tb every time we used it, staff claims it was for using their phone line. No where was this charge listed in the room info pack and staff stated we should have asked them prior to using it. .... its a bit hard when most dont speak English.
On a positive note, Pop helped us on a few occasions when booking tours etc, lovely man very helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the cliff at the quiet northern end of Patong Beach, the resort has a dazzling view of the Andaman Sea and is backed by green forest, a location that combines gentle sea breezes and the fragrance of the tropical woodland. This tranquil spot is however only minutes away from the centre of Patong, with its endless leisure attractions, shopping opportunities, and amazing nightlife. The location and the resort facilities make this an ideal venue for couples, families, and those on corporate programmes or incentives tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, HostelBookers, TripOnline SA, Fastbooking, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Centara Blue Marine Resort and Spa Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Marine Resort And Spa
- Blue Marine Hotel Patong
- Centara Blue Marine Resort And Spa Phuket Patong