“So-SO” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Baan Laimai Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Baan Laimai Beach Resort to your Saves list
Baan Laimai Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   66 Taweewong Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #136 of 261 hotels in Patong
“So-SO”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

So I had a series of bad experiences dealing with this hotel, specifically with customer service but overall I think my experience was pretty average. The room was large and spacious; the location was central and the middle of everything. The compound was well kept and the amenities were average. Alot of outdoor furniture was used to furnish the room (not a huge deal but kind of weird) and the bathroom had a very weird odor. My complaints include the customer service at the front desk, or lack thereof. Also I started off on the wrong foot when airport transfer was 15-20 minutes late arriving to the airport. When I called the hotel to see what the problem was I was basically accused of not being at the airport and was given the drivers number to handle myself. As suspected the driver was not at the airport and arrived 5 minutes after calling him. He was not apologetic and then tried to sell me on additional services. I expressed my displeasure with the hotel, and they seemed to be very uninterested.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

496 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Was there for 3D2N and some of my friends stayed 5D4N. I guess i was the lucky one to get the bigger and better room out of the 3 Deluxe we booked. Everything about this place is great although I wished my friends shared the same joy about the rooms.

5 Stars for Rooms/Property/Breakfast Area/Swimming Pool/Relax Area
3.5 Stars for Staffs - Some were rude when we requested change of one of the room because the lights weren't working, the air con was leaking and balcony had no lights. No help was rendered at all. At the end of the day, we requested one of the rooms to be checked-out and checked-in to my room on the day of departure. Only when that was suggested, everything was solved, immediately. Very lousy and one of the FO said 'we tried calling your room at 2PM no one was in so we can't move you'. That's fair, you can't move us, but they couldn't hold the room for us when we specifically informed how bad amenities are in the room. I guess the FO expected as to be in-room all day. Housekeeping however were on their feet most of the time - 5 stars.
3 Stars for breakfast - Although good spread, but it's boring.

Overall, yes I will recommend this Resort to anyone. It was recommended to me by my colleagues and aside to the FO's attitude, everything else was perfect.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Gold Coast, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

I am laying by the beautiful hotel pool and just some of the scathing reviews. Those people need to stay in budget accommodation sometime to appreciate how lovely this place really is. Amazing value for money, spacious clean room and awesome location.
Yes of course there's a language barrier but no more than any other place in Thailand. Hello, we are in Thailand. Stay in your own country if you want everyone to speak your own language.
My friend spent the first night in budget accommodation and moved in with me to escape it. The Baan laimai cost $20 more but is 20 times better.
Consider the type of rude horrible people who write the bad reviews before believing their harsh words.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Staff is very friendly. Neat n clean hotel. Location is fantastic. Breakfast was good but was same everyday. Me and my husband stayed there for 5 nights. Everyday room cleaning was bad. They would just make the bed and that's it. Pool was great. Room was big and comfortable. Had a great time.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Bellevue, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I joined Trip advisor just to write this review. Here's what's up at this hotel.

The location is convenient if you want to stay close to the main Patong beach area. The rooms are large and have effective a/c units. A big plus.

Here are the cons:

The hotel is a construction site. There is a lot of work going on - it's clear that they are investing in the property and improving things but every morning at around 8-9am the hammers start. I feel sorry for anyone on honeymoon here, or having a rough morning after partying the night before.

There was no gym when I arrived, but it's being put in right now. Unfortunately it's in lobby and open. I don't want to work out with every passer by watching, and the humidity would be very high without it being enclosed and a/c'ed.

The hotel is understaffed. One day the room service staff just didn't show up. The front counter staff are a mixture of Thai and non-Thai but the level of hospitality training just seems missing.

There are problems with the plumbing. I had two rooms and one of the toilets just didn't work. When we arrived a sink was also blocked. You wait a good three minutes for the hot water to arrive. Getting service for these issues took a long time and I just gave up on the toilet.

That's it. I would avoid staying here for the next 6 months from this review date until you see things improve.

Room Tip: Get one facing the pool. The backside rooms look out to old buildings. You'll have no reason to...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located in a great part of Patong beach, if you are looking to be in all the action. Just steps away from the beach and all the main thoroughfares in Patong. The reception is lovely and we were booked in very fast. There is a definite language barrier, but you are in Thailand, so it's to be expected. We stayed in room 5604, a double ocean view. Nice view from our balcony, room was adequate, had all the things we needed. Only glitch we experienced was the electricity. Our room had a power outage almost everyday prompting us to have to call maintenance. This is no easy feat considering the minimal English spoken by the staff. Each time they sent us a housekeeper armed with extra towels...again obvious language barrier, but we managed to get our point across. Overall the facility is clean, housekeeping was adequate, great buffet breakfast each morning and reasonable bar/food prices. There is live music every night in the courtyard/bar area, very entertaining with a cocktail each evening! But they do play till at least midnight, so if you are an early to bed person, bring your ear plugs! For the money this is a great deal, reasonably priced and excellent proximity to the beach. Oh, and the the beach is lovely, rent a chair for 100 baht, comes with an umbrella that the beach attendants adjust for you as the sun moves, and they frequently check on you and ask if you need a cocktail, water, etc. Great service on the beach, bring some Baht with you, there will people selling you things you didn't even know you needed! Sarongs, donuts, beer, baskets....you name it, it's for sale!!

• Stayed December 2013
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed at this Hotel at the beginning of December, and over all my stay was great.
The hotel pool and pool bar staff where fabulous and very clean and relaxing.
Rooms where good (though lighting was a little dim) and the shower was great. The only minus to the stay where the staff. While I found that some of them where friendly, others were rude and not helpful at all.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Baan Laimai Beach Resort? Share your experiences!