I traveled with a party of 14 football players for an end of season trip. As the elder statesman of the group, I was a little worried after reading Trip Advisor reviews these past couple of months but I shouldn't have been concerned, I can only surmise that some of the reviews were posted by people who don't often travel, stayed at a different hotel or were posted by competitors trying to denigrate the opposition.
1. Check in time: took 10 minutes (around standard in S.E. Asia) and I was on my way with a porter who took my luggage and me to my assigned room.
2. Rooms: I had a deluxe room in the same block as the reception area. The room was huge, very clean and had an extremely comfortable King Size bed. The first day, the room was made up after 6.00pm. Second day, I noticed that there are two lights outside my room. One said "do not disturb"and the other said "make up my room". Once, I discovered this and switched on the correct light, I found that I could go out for a couple of hours and come back to a perfectly made up room.
3. Facilities: As everyone else has said, the pool is huge and there are many sun beds so you will never miss out. Drinks at the pool bar aren't particularly cheap but not expensive either. Food prices vary but you can't go past the steak sandwich and fries for 180 Baht ($6 AUD). The rest of the grounds are fantastic. The original block, above the old reception area, is being renovated and some of my friends had rooms in this block. Their rooms weren't as nice as mine, but were still clean and comfortable.
4.Staff: People, this is Thailand - no one speaks good english, so you need to take a little more time to communicate. However, as a group, we were all treated with the utmost friendliness, and we always seem to be. Here's the tip; if you smile, go out of your way to be friendly and even have a couple of jokes with the staff, you will be repaid a thousand fold. We witnessed others (mostly of middle eastern origin) be rude, aggressive or arrogant with staff, and they received poor service in return. Treat others as you would expect to be treated yourself.
5. Location: As others have said...right across the road from the beach and short walk to Bangla Road, Jungceylon shopping centre and Banana Walk. Numerous (cheap) dining cafes at your doorstep and even a Subway and Burger King if that is your thing.
In summary, I have travelled to Thailand, Bali and Malaysia, multiple times over the past decade and can honestly say that this resort ranks right up with the best of them. At the price we paid, it is an out and out bargain.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Laimai Beach Hotel Patong
- Baan Laimai Beach Hotel
- Baan Laimai Beach Patong
- Baan Laimai Beach Resort Patong, Phuket
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Baan Laimai Beach Resort is located on the beach road of the most well-known “Patong” beach, right in the midst of entertainment, and shopping area, with just crossing the road to the beach. Featuring in-house restaurants with Thai, Western cuisines and tasteful seafood from Andaman sea. Offering the lagoon-size swimming pool where you can take a break at the cozy pool bar. The fitness facilities will give you relaxation and relief from your everyday stresses. Experiencing beauty & recreation on Patong Beach or alternatively strolling for lively entertaining & shopping. You may have it all with us in making your perfect stay at Baan Laimai Beach Resort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Baan Laimai Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.