“Open lobby smells like a toilet” 1 of 5 stars
Review of 91 Residence Patong Beach

91 Residence Patong Beach
You added 91 Residence Patong Beach to your Saves list
91 Residence Patong Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   43/98 Prabaramee Rd., Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #215 of 280 Hotels in Patong
perth
“Open lobby smells like a toilet”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Enjoy a crappy breakfast next to open serwage staff try to overcharge tourists even when we payed for breakfast in roomrate booking.com
Drainage problems in shower and staff dont like guest using toilet paper what a smelly overpriced dump should have a 1star rating
Avoid like the black plague staff are rude and are not farang freindly

• Stayed December 2013

Business
Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and found the staff very helpful. The room was very big and clean. Although a bit out of way, it wasn't too bad and we walked into town and to the beach. We enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

We stayed here for only 2 nights in Feb. We arrived late at night however there was a lady there waiting to help us. She seemed to be there the entire time and was really helpful for us ordering scooters and taxis. The hotel is a bit out the way and for the money you save in the room compared to other hotels you pay in cab fares. However if you hire a scooter or car and have your own transport it's a great option. That's what we did for the second day as there is not a lot around the hotel. Rooms were absolutely spotless though with great facilities. Best shower I have ever had! Rooms had mini bar air con cable tv and all the extras. Hotel itself is quiet basic. Overall I would say if you've come to patong to party and laze at the beach this may not be the option for you as it is out of the way however for couples or families wanting a quieter option away from the chaos but still close enough to make the trip and can afford their own transport this is perfect! And rates were reasonable even during peak season.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We had a similar experience to one of the previous reviews. We arrived after a day of travelling from Koh Phangan to be told that the receptionist couldn't find our reservation. So he called the manager who had to drive from his home. He was the nastiest man I've ever met. A Chinese couple approached him to ask why the wifi wasn't working - he screamed in their face then deliberately ignored them and told us to come to the desk and made several racist remarks about them. Then a man came to reception with what appeared to be a prostitute because he was told to pay the manager money before he was allowed up to his room with her. He was white and old and she was a very young Thai woman. So when the manager finally looked at our reservation he said that he had no room at this hotel but could 'upgrade' us to his sister hotel. He then put us in his car and took us to this supposed upgrade. It was absolutely horrific. We had to kill so many insects on arrival and the balcony was right on the street (ground floor). The whole room was so filthy! I can't remember the name of this hotel otherwise I would leave them a review as well. I spent the whole night on the phone to the people we booked it through trying to get somewhere else sorted but unfortunately we had to wait until the next morning - needless to say I didn't sleep a wink!

Don't risk this happening to you!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I boked through agoda. I have arrived there. They did not have room for me. Instead they want to put me in cheap place. I think they do it in purpose trying to sell cheap place wich they own through the new hotel. But they seems to not care about booking and us people. When I complained the manager owner was very rude. He was shouting that he doesn't care about me and booking. Be careful.!!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We Reached Phuket on 22nd December 2013 and I booked this hotel online.
1. I really like hotel staff.
2. I booked a normal room but when we reached there, they upgraded our room to a very nice room.
3. I really liked all the things about this hotel.
4. Not very far from beach but not very close too. Beach is about 1.5 Km. from this hotel.
5. Also If you want to enjoy night life of Bangla Road then that is also 1 Km. from Patong beach.
6. This hotel is worth for money and I love to stay in this hotel again.

Thanks,
Mamta

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Phuket, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Worst travel experience ever!
Think again before booking there, maybe you will end up in a other place, cheep, unpleasant and nothing like What u see in the Photos... it hapents to us..
We booked this hotel from the internet
We arrived to the hotel at 12.00 midnight, after a long day trip. The guy at reception told us to wait for manager/owner. He arrived after 20mins with his car. He told that he doesn’t have room for us because of some tech problems and he can give other room instead in another hotel that he owns. The room was like cheap hostel, nothing like 91 Residence which we had booked, so we told him that we don’t like to stay there. Then he started to shout, said that he doesn’t care about us, and our booking, which he can cancel if he want to, even threat us that he will call to every hotel and we will not be able to find where to stay and we will sleep on the street. I told him that is not a professional behavior, then he took his car and went away leaving us helpless.
Worst travel experience ever!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Been to 91 Residence Patong Beach? Share your experiences!