“SO FRIENDLY” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Atchara

You added Villa Atchara to your Saves list
Villa Atchara
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Soi Prabarami 4 Rd, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #6 of 278 Hotels in Patong
San Francisco
“SO FRIENDLY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

this is a great hotel. the staff is so very friendly and us feel so welcome. The owner and his partner are awesome. and they found the best people to work there namely May who is one of the servers there she is great, and also an accomplished chef. She gave me a private cooking lesson and we laughed the entire time. a great place cant reccommend it more. the rooms are spacious and well furnished.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Oz
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

Me and 3 of my friends stayed at Atchara Villa and it was simply awesome. The service was second to none, the staff are very friendly and made our stay the best it could of been. The pool is great the bar is always open and the food is fantastic! Short walk to the beach and only 15 mins walk to Bangla rd
I would go back there in a heartbeat

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

I stayed at Villa Atchara whilst in Patong. Agree with all other reviews is in a quiet position so you actually feel relaxed. Even the more upmarket resorts in Patong at a lot more money are all on busy roads. Here you can hear the birds not the traffic noise. Staff were great, very friendly, ask you how your day was etc like being over at someone elses house. Rooms were ok, clean but a little outdated but I wouldn't expect much more at the price. One thing that a lot of reviews have not mentioned is the noise factor between rooms. Although I had no problem personally you can hear a knife drop, a chair scape and any conversation outside from your room, so you are taking a chance, you are at the mercy of the behaviour of other guests, having said that I would stay there again if I went to Patong. Very close to beach at the quiet end of beach. All round Great.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2010

As with all the other reviews, I have to say this is a great little place. My girlfriend (being Thai and in the hotel business herself), managed to persuade the Thai lady owner (who was a complete joy) to release one of the VIP reserved rooms and we got a lovely little room (21 I think, with its own little garden). I can only endorse all the positive things that have been said so far....GREAT value for money. The only complaint would be that some of the staff never smile (even looking rather miserable), even front desk staff, and in a service business, that is unacceptable. Which brings me onto my bizarre experience:

I politely walked up to the front desk to ask for a hairdryer replacement from one of the aforementioned smile-challenged staff. I was quickly and curtly told, "there is no replacement, all the rooms are full"....so I responded politely "so there is nothing you can do for me?"..."No" was the curt reply. I left the broken hairdryer with her and went to my room feeling rather chastened. 2 days later, the same staff member came to the room to deliver food and I said..."did you manage to find a replacement hairdryer?". She said to me "why dont you ask the owner yourself? I see you and your girlfriend talking with her all the time, so why dont you ask her?".......my Thai girlfriend and I could barely believe our ears, especially since her tone and manner were quite hostile....so with a smile I said "but I am asking you now,.....did you manage to find a hairdryer?". Before she spun around and walked off, she just repeated...."why dont you ask the owner yourself?".

Immediately after, I sat with the owner and she was horrified and apologized profusely. But it was very uncomfortable for the next 24 hours and it seemed that (for whatever reason) she was unable to confront the sitaution. Certainly I receieved no apology from the staff member in question and I sensed a distinct chilliness from her coworkers too. It was a very disappointing fly in an otherwise delightful ointment.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2010

My wife and i stayed at Villa Atchara for 10 nights from 1st January.
it was our seventh trip to Thailand together and this has to be one of the best so far.
We were met at the airport by Johan (the owner) and he talked to us all the way during the drive to Patong, giving us useful tips of where to eat, where to go out etc... We felt at ease the moment we entered the hotel which has a calm homely feel to it in a sort of tropical colonial way. The staff are all Thai and extremely friendly and cheerful and this only added to our enjoyment of the Hotel.
Villa Atchara is located at the Northern end of Patong beach near to the Novotel and up a little road off the main road that gets very little traffic and is very peaceful. The beach is only a couple of minutes walk and there are shops (eg. Seven/eleven) also just a short walk from the hotel. Also, there are authentic Thai massage places and plenty of restaurants and bars nearby.
Everything about the hotel was perfect for us. It ticked all our boxes from the large airy rooms (which are spotlessly clean) to the friendly service and authentic Thai food in the restaurant.
Our hosts, Johan and Parn are great and certainly made our stay there a special one.
They always have time for a friendly chat and you are made to feel more like one of the family rather than a hotel guest.
The location is ideal, close to Patong beach, 10 to 15 minutes walk to the centre of Patong's night life area and shops yet it is very quiet at night with no neighbouring bars or restaurants making a noise.
We would certainly recommend this hotel and intend to stay here again as soon as we manage to get back to Phuket.
There is a lot to be said for staying in a small intimate hotel rather than a huge resort type hotel.
There are plenty of repeat guests here, which speaks for its self.
Breakfast was included in the rate, but we were late up most days and the odd day we had breakfast it was ok.
The Thai food that we ate at the hotel was fantastic (we feel qualified to judge as we eat Thai food all the time) and the portions were large and it was extremely fresh and spicy.
Not much else to say except thank you for a great stay, keep up the good work Johan, Parn and staff and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2010

Had a wonderful stay at this hotel during this past summer. I traveled to Phucket by myself and stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks. I did a lot of research prior to making an accomodation selection in Phuket and decided on this one due to the location and price.

Very clean rooms, excellent location, and superb staff. It's located at the far end of Patong down a very quiet street--and trust me, it's not easy to find a quiet location like this at Patong. However, despite it being hidden and tucked away from the strip It still happens to be less than 200 meters from the beach and around a 5-10 minute walk from the main stretch on the strip.

Furthermore, the owner of the hotel, Johan was very accomodating and welcoming towards me--especially considering that I was traveling by myself. His family was in town as well and he invited me our for dinner with them, all of who were great company!

Also, it had a great salt water pool, free high speed internet (huge plus), and free breakfast! And they had no problem with me bringing guests back to the hotel to swim and have a few drinks!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2010

Johan, Parn and all the staff created a perfect atmosphere in this lovely house. Do not expect a 5 star resort but 5 star service is definitely the best word to describe this hotel.
Location is great because it is not in the middle of Patong's craziness. You have to walk 15 min if you're looking for ladie boys and all that crap. If you just want the beach, a few restaurants (and the best ones are not far - Joes Downstairs, White Box...) this is perfect.
The room itself is clean, big enough, a bit noisy as rooms are facing the swimming pool and some people like having their breakfast early.
The real value of Villa Atchara is service: from the minute you step into this house you feel at home. They call you with your first name, they suggest where to go, what to do...

To conclude, if you're looking for a relaxing atmosphere not too far from Patong's entertainment Villa Atchara is your choice.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Villa Atchara? Share your experiences!