This hotel is definitely a hidden gem in Phuket. It is located at the north end of Patong Beach about 200 meters down a side alley right next to the gate of the Novotel Resort. But don't let that turn you off. The local residents along the alley are very friendly, and there is even a laundry service located just before the hotel (Mol's Laundry), who does an awesome job for a fantastic price. It is a little enclave of serenity in an otherwise crowded and busy Patong area.
I found Villa Atchara after the hotel we were booked in was unacceptable. I got online and found a blog by a person who had lived in the area for years and talked about it. I looked at 3 other hotels before moving, and Villa Atchara was head and shoulders above the others in terms of quality, service and price. Our deluxe room with a King bed and breakfast included was only 1400 Thai Bhat per night. We added an extra bed for my daughter at 500 Bhat per night. Our 5 night total was only around 9700 Bhat...which is about $325 US dollars total. You would likely pay $325 dollars per night in most other places. Granted, we were there in off season, but that's still an incredible deal. But the desk did tell us that during Nov, Dec, and Jan, that this small hotel is booked up to a year in advance by returning customers.
The room quality and cleanliness were good. And the staff were absolutely awesome. They were attentive to our every need. They were extremely friendly, greeting us upon every return...almost to the point of making us feel like family. Breakfast was high quality and cooked to order...and included in the price. We ate poolside every morning. And the staff went above and beyond when my wife took ill with a stomach bug and stayed behind one day. They checked on her asking if there was anything she required, and even brought her medicine unsolicited and told her it was what worked for upset stomachs.
We have traveled on 4 continents, and this hotel is one of my top 2 or three favorites anywhere in the world. It was so nice to "get home" every night to this little island of serenity. I would recommend it without reserve to anyone who visits Phuket.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Atchara Hotel Patong
- Villa Atchara Hotel
- Atchara Hotel Patong
- Villa Atchara Patong, Phuket
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Atchara is the perfect getaway in Patong. Close to all the fun but quiet from traffic and sellers. We have pool, free internet, restaurant, bar,tour info. Welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Villa Atchara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.