We weren't after 5 star luxury...we didn't want to spend all our money on accommodation.
We wanted somewhere clean and comfortable, good value for money and a good location.
After reading lots of reviews we settled on Villa Atchara.
Parn was great to deal with during the booking process, and answering lots of questions as we had never been to Thailand before.
We arranged airport transfers through the Hotel (good price and no hassle trying to find the hotel).
Rooms were large, clean, comfortable and great aircon (it was so hot when we were there, so it was always lovely to walk into a beautifully cool room). Wi-fi in the room was excellent. Breakfast was not buffet but decent and enjoyable. One day we were picked up early for a Tour (I highly recommend the Phi Phi Island Tour and the Phang Nga Bay Tour) and the breakfast ladies made our breakfast to-go as we were climbing into the shuttle bus, we were very impressed with them for that. Staff were friendly, we especially liked Nittaya.
Pool area was small but clean and cooled us off.
Location was quiet, places to eat and book tours just around the corner.
We hired scooters for 2 days (most enjoyable scootering around the Island), my daughter and grandmother had a little accident and Nittaya and Parn were wonderful cleaning their wounds and putting cream and band aids on them.
It was my Grandmothers birthday while we were there and they gave us a beautiful birthday cake.
I would highly recommend Villa Atchara to anyone that is not looking for a luxury 5 star hotel with a huge pool and loads of other guests to mingle with...if you want all of that, don't stay here.
If you want value for money (about $20AUD p/p p/n including breakfast), large clean rooms, good location and great friendly staff, You will LOVE Villa Atchara.
Thank you so much Parn for a great family holiday (9 of us in total) and sorry it has taken me so long to write a review (stayed in Aug/Sept 2011 for 8 nights).
One last thing, book your tours while your there, cost a fraction of what the Travel Agents in Australia were quoting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Atchara is the perfect getaway in Patong. Close to all the fun but quiet from traffic and sellers. We have pool, free internet, restaurant, bar,tour info. Welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Villa Atchara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Atchara Hotel Patong
- Atchara Hotel Patong
- Villa Atchara Patong, Phuket