We were quite happy with the Sunset Beach Resort for our recent week at Phuket. It was clean, comfortable, friendly, had a beautiful pool area, great breakfasts and a regular convenient shuttle to Bangla Road, Patong. Even though the beach across the road was pretty lousy (rocky at low tide), we did prefer being just a little out of Patong for the peace and quiet. Anyone who has ventured into Patong at night will know what we mean.
The hotel's main entry is in a separate building on the beach road front which also houses reception desk, the main restaurant, a travel desk. A business cente and conference rooms are in the basement. Then out the back, you cross a narrow access laneway to a large U-shaped complex that surrounds the great pool systems. One higher spa pool, a kids pool and the main pool with the swim-up bar. Four waterfalls cascading down the two levels adds to the ambience. As well as guest rooms, the RHS building also has a kid's area, gym and spa.
Our room was #5206 - a deluxe pool view on the 2nd floor, RHS wing and just in front of the pool waterfalls. We would guess that the room had recently been refurbished? Both a large shower stall and a big tub in the bathroom. The bedroom had large bed, mini bar, security safe and plenty of cupboard space. Sliding glass doors open up on to a decent size balcony overlooking the pool. A couple of chairs, small coffee table and clothes drying racks were on the balcony.
We booked the hotel on their web site. Part of the deal was a free airport pick-up and a "set meal" dinner voucher for either of their two restaurants.
We also must mention the beautiful travel desk girl "Oi". Always friendly, helpful and always remembered our names - despite the fact that the hotel was completely booked out the whole time we were there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SUNSET BEACH RESORT - The best value hotel located at the Quiet Beach Front in Patong Area, Phuket. Sunset Beach Resort is for those wanting to be away from the hustle and bustle of Patongs main strip but close enough to visit it with a very short trip to the town center. Our hotel has many sea view rooms, a free form pool beach front restaurant and bar, FREE shuttle bus to Patong every 30 minutes and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Tingo, HotelsClick, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Sunset Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Beach Hotel Patong
- Hotel Sunset Beach
- Sunset Beach Resort Phuket
- Sunset Beach Resort Patong, Phuket