“Beyond Expectations!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Deevana Patong Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Deevana Patong Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Deevana Patong Resort & Spa
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   43/2 Raj-U Thid 200 Pee Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #62 of 273 hotels in Patong
Pakistan
“Beyond Expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

We booked a 2 night stay via internet.
Despite of reading the reviews, we did not expect much.
We were offered a free airport pick up, on arrival a welcome drink was offered, staff was friendly.
The room was perfect with a balcony overlooking the pool.
Decorated with petals of flowers.
It was far what we expected
food was great, the hotel is airy.
Overall it was a perfect place, near to beach, markets and many resturants spas and salons.
Wish could have stayed for longer.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

1,149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

My husband,1 year old daughter and I stayed at the Deevana for 10 nights in June-July.
We stayed in the Family Room Garden Wing. We loved it. The room had a bedroom with large king bed for us, bathroom, then the living room they set up a cot for our baby and had a little kitchen with fridge and sink and kettle.

The staff were wonderful, a couple weren't but thats like anywhere.
We had a babysitter, which was one of the housekeeping staff. She babysat for us 3 times, twice at night when our baby was already asleep and once during the day. the rate was 500baht for first 2 hours then 200baht for every hour following. She was a great babysitter and our daughter liked her a lot.

It was only 10 mins walk to the beach and was great there, my husband used the jetskii on the beach and had a blast. The Deevana had 3 pools, we mostly used the one in the Garden Wing as it was outside our room, it had a little kids pool next to it which was great for our toddler.

We ate the set thai dinner at their resturant and loved it, we ate their 'pub' and it was great and also ate room service all very good. The value for money was awesome. We got complementry thai massages and they were good. Make sure you select soft presure because these thai ladies can be brutal lol.

Overal the Deevana was the perfect accomodation. Offering clean rooms, good value, perfectly situated and great for families.
I miss it already and would stay there the next time we visit.

australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

A girfriend and I recently stayed at the Deevana Resort and spa in Patong, We had already been in Phuket staying at another resort earlier and when we arrived at the Deevana we really felt like we were in paradise. We were upgraded to a superior room which was absolutely stunning, very clean spacious and tidy overlooking the pool. The complimentary breakfast was absolutely amazing with lots of variety. The hotel staff were very lovely and helpful especially the barman at the swim up bar hahaha. Each day there were 2 for one cocktails during happy hour & the cocktails were devine. We had a great time at the deevana and when I head back to phuket that is defintly where I will be going to stay!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

i am sad by the way am being treated.. i came with my partner and was not even offer a welcome drink and the way how they loked at me is one fo kind just because of my looks of a thai gal.. during my stay, i was being mistaken as a thai gal or rather a thai call gal!!.. was disappointed that when we checked in with our singapore passports, doesnt the receptionist know we are tourists by looking at our passports??!!.. However, overall the hotel stay was excellent.. the breakfast is catered for all international.. is also accessible to all places and walking distance to patong beach.. we rented a transport to their so call factory outlet..no doubt the concept is same as harbour town..the clothes are cheap and good.. weather is generally humid throughout.. food located on streets are excellent and their authentic thai foodie is really authentic.. the nightlife is amazing and of course gets to feel the culture.. while shopping on streets, is always good to bargain and get good price.. the beach especially the waves does of course reminds us of gold coast and is really fun and excitement..

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

I stayed at Deevana for 15 days in JUNE 09,my wife and 10 year old son.We stayed in the spa wing overlooking the pool. The room was big ,a very
big king size bed and a large roll away bed for our son. room had good size balcony with tables and chairs..Every thing clean and tidy..every thing worked.
Buffet breakfast was excellent with good choices..some choices changed daily..
Ambience an atmosphere of the hotel good
Staff good..polite...booked atour at the tour desk ,was not overpriced same as on the net
The walk to the beach is no more than 7 minutes
(dont know why some people quote 15 minutes)
We have travelled to THAILAND many times on business and holiday but this was our first time in phuket.The DEEVANA made it relaxing holiday,
although we will probably not return to Phuket
as we prefer Bangkok and the north
Overall the DEEVANA is agood hotel if you want to be in Patong Phuket

KUALA LUMPUR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

I stayed at spa wing for 3 nites in June. The room was cosy and quite spacious and facing a lovely swimming pool (2 pools in fact). As I shared the room with my kid, I was given an extra rollaway bed. The hotel also gave a complimentary return airport transfer, a free massage for 2 per room as well as free afternoon tea. For only B1750 per nite, I found the offer - valued for my money. Breakfast were included but the buffet spread is just a so so. And I need to pay an additional B200 for my 2 kids which I found not really worth it considering the fact that we can only consume the bread, fresh fruits and drinks! The hotel is quite far (on my kid's standard) from the beach i.e 10 to 15 minutes walk. There are always a tuk tuk on standby but the price - I might say is the most exorbitant in the world. Didn't know my way, I hired a tuk tuk and asked the driver to take me to an arabic restaurant in front of Bayshore Hotel. Our rides actually last for less than one minute as the restaurant is actually just a few steps away. I felt cheated when the driver asked for B100. I argued but he retorted back and claimed that B100 is the base price of all tuk tuk! With a bumpy ride, humid and uncomfortable seat and one need to bow as to avoid not being hit by the roof, I really don't recommend tuk tuk for anybody. It seems that they are monopolising the transportation business (and a rip off for the tourist) as I could not sighted any taxi or hired car around Patong areas during my four days there. Tuk tuk aside, I found that the beach in Patong, Karon, Kata, Kamala and especially in Phi Phi island are really beautiful and with an amazing happening surrounding. A tip for muslim traveller:- do not fret abound food in Phuket as there are a lot of muslim restaurant serving authentic, tasty thai dishes. Just a walking distance from Deevana hotel, you will find a budget stall owned by a Malaysian. Along the way to airport, please search for Marina Kitchen- as I found the food is really realy delicious. If you want to have a day sightseeing - please avoid the tuk-tuk and instead ask the hotel staff. Some of them have a friend who will offer you a private tour (with driver) for only B600 for 6 hours. And they can personalise your trip according to your preference.

Sydney,Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

I got this hotel for a good price so I think my expectations set lower. I found the stay really good though. Location I thought would be a problem but it was only taking us 10-15 mins to get to town, considering you normally go walking around the markets for the next 4 hours its a small price to pay for a cheaper hotel good quality hotel. There are plenty of little restaruants, bars and convenience stores only 150 meters from the hotel also if you dont want to go into town.

The staff were good and very helpful, it boasts two nice pools and a nice restaurant.

We stayed in the garden wing which is older, the rooms may be a little dated but still functional and comfortable. They offer an upgrade to the superior rooms for 800baht if your not happy there. I think the superior rooms would be a little less private and a bit noisier as they are built around the main pool and restaurant, but in saying that i didnt stay in them, i just noticed it whilst swimming/dining.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Deevana Patong Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!