“Worst Patong Experience for me” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Deevana Patong Resort & Spa

You added Deevana Patong Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Deevana Patong Resort & Spa
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   43/2 Raj-U Thid 200 Pee Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #52 of 278 Hotels in Patong
Hong Kong, China
“Worst Patong Experience for me”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

This is my 7th time to Phuket. I must disclaim that it's not by choice that I stayed in this Resort. We were there for a business planning trip. I will list down my experience at this resort in bullet points, if not I will have to write a Thesis!

- there was nobody to get our luggages when we arrive at the resort.
- putting up the "Please make up my room" tag on the door, had to request 3 times throughout the day for Room 4302 to be clean.
- there was no tooth brush, toothpaste provided though I am staying in one of the better rooms. Thought these are standard items in a resort?
- the shower area will become a pool every time after shower.
- water from the basin tap is brown sometimes.
- was told that they will charge 21 baht for helping me to call a local massage place. More expensive than I use International Roaming!!!
- the breakfast area was infested with "Flies", and cats constantly patrolled the area.
- will not allow you to continue your breakfast if you go for a toilet break while eating.
- the servers and workers at the resort do not greet you when you walk pass them. Maybe bec I am Asian.
- redemption of free drinks at the pool bar with coupons, they insist you didn't give them your coupons, and request that we pay for our orders.
- rental of facilities/ equipments is inflexible.
- will not help to arrange for car rental facilities for you.
- taxi arrangement to the airport has inflexible timings. Must be 230, 330pm, the thirties etc and not 645pm.
- on our last two days, my friends were denied access to their rooms bec the staff got the room numbers wrongly.
- we receive calls to request that we check out immediately if not they will charge. But that is like our 3rd out of the 4 days we are there????
- this resort is in Patong area, not exactly near to Patong beach.
- sorry for being frank, this is the worst resort I have stayed in Phuket with poor service and facilities.

How many stars? Can I not even give a star? NTR!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Deevana_Patong, Executive Assistant Manager at Deevana Patong Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear George Y,

Greetings from Deevana Patong Resort & Spa

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed experience at the Deevana Patong Resort and Spa.

We are sorry that your overall experience did not meet your expectations; please allow us to express our sincerest apologies for poor services & facilities you had experienced. Please allow me to clarify some comments as below:

1) Toothpaste & toothbrush - this is a standard set up for our higher room categories such as: Deluxe room & Suite room only. However, the ordinary rooms will set up only shower cap and cotton buds with 2-in-1 soap/shampoo dispenser machine.

2) Was charged for telephone service Baht 21 - this is according to hotel's policy and rate for telephone charge is similar to other hotels in Patong.

3) No greeting because I am Asian guests - we would like to ensure you that we provide services or treat to all nations equally whether Asian or Westerner guests.

We strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest, therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Thipwimon Chatchavansilachai (Ms.)

"Reward Your Journey"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed here for 2 days before heading onto Samui and was very happy with the Hotel and its location.
It started a little bad due to Olotel.com not actually reserving the room with Deevana but the reception staff soon sorted us a room while this was sorted out.
The location was great and only a 2 minute walk to the main strip but set back enough to be quiet.
Breakfast was also good with a lot to choose from.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Deevana_Patong, Executive Assistant Manager at Deevana Patong Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Aaron B,

Greetings from Deevana Patong Resort & Spa

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us so much and thank you for leaving such positive comments. It means a lot to us to know that our guests have enjoyed their experience at our Resort and we continually strive to ensure all guests are looked after as best we can.

We have shared all your comments with the whole team including receptionist staff thank you for the recognition.

We hope to welcome you back at the Deevana Patong Resort & Spa again in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I had a good experience at this resort the hotel staff were very friendly and professional. Also the location of the hotel is good just parallel to beach road and lot of options available to choose from. A resort worth coming again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Ramanujam,

Greetings from Deevana Patong Resort & Spa

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us so much and thank you for leaving such positive comments. It means a lot to us to know that our guests have enjoyed their experience at our resort and we continually strive to ensure all guests are looked after as best we can.

We have shared all your comments with the whole team.

All of us are look forward to welcoming you back to Deevana Patong Resort & Spa again in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I would recommend this hotel any day. It is close to the main attractions in patong and extremely clean. The staff are fantastic and were a great help when I became ill on my holiday. Thanks to Deevana hotel and it's staff for helping contribute to our amazing holiday and for being so helpful.

Room Tip: The pool view rooms are a great choice
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Jacqui F,

Greetings from Deevana Patong Resort & Spa

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us so much and thank you for leaving such positive comments and recommending us. It means a lot to us to know that our guests have enjoyed their experience at our resort and we continually strive to ensure all guests are looked after as best we can.

We have shared all your comments with the whole team.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

This is the second time we have stayed at Deevana and it has been consistently a 3 star resort both times. The staff are friendly, the rooms are kept clean, the hotel is in a quite street...it's good for the tariff asked.

Just a word of note..If u don't like cats then this is not the place for you. There was one or two when we first stayed here, but there is now an extended family of stray cats that have free roam across the resort, including in the breakfast dining area. Oddly, the staff appear to unperturbed to the whole thing!

Other than the cat thing Deevana is pretty fair 3 star resort.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear KJ074,

Greetings from Deevana Patong Resort & Spa.

Many thanks for you recent positive feedback its nice to know you enjoyed your stay with us and we managed to meet your expectations. We have shared your comments with the entire team which will help motivate us to do the best we can in the future.

Your comment about cats in the resort, we are now working towards with Patong Municipality to find ways in controlling the population of cats in the resort.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Deevana Patong Resort & Spa again soon.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

This is my first review on TripAdvisor but certainly not my first time travelling, and I must say that this establishment tops my "NEVER RETURNING" list currently.

OVERALL EXPERIENCE
I'm charged 21 Thai Baht a minute for requesting to make a one-time call to a local massage joint; normally, other concierges will offer the service at no COST. The breakfast spread was less than desirable and constantly FLY-INFESTED. Breakfast area is always patrolled by cats, not a place for AILUROPHOBICS. The resort staff look overworked. The overall feeling I get from them is I'm not welcomed there and they can't wait for me to leave; I'm repeated HOUNDED to check-out and return rented equipment on time.

ROOM EXPERIENCE
Despite confirming with staff several days prior to my stay, the Wi-Fi signal was almost non-existent in my room and I had to always strategically position myself to re-activate it. The air-conditioning fins were BROKEN and could not sweep automatically. The bathroom had a constant DANK smell that never went away. The shower area OVERFLOWS after every session, indicating a choked pipe. There was also a particular day when the water from the tap came out BROWNISH. I requested for extra bottles of drinking water which I placed in an unstocked fridge, only to be removed by housekeeping the next day. These were sealed bottles, mind you! I was LOCKED OUT out of my room twice during my stay as my access card was disabled without notice. The reason reception gave was that they made a mistake and mixed up my room with others that were checking-out early. But a second time the next day?!?

The straw that broke the camel's back was when a friend in another room reported an electric flask laced with noodle strands.

I guess we should have done our pre-checks more thoroughly.

Room Tip: Rooms 10XX are furthest from amenities. Choose 43XXs if you prefer a closer proximity.
Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Deevana_Patong, Executive Assistant Manager at Deevana Patong Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear gNoelleoNg,

Greetings from Deevana Patong Resort & Spa

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Deevana Patong Resort and Spa. I am sorry that your overall experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Thipwimon Chatchavansilachai (Ms.)

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Just checked out of the hotel and writing this review as I wait to board my flight out of Phuket.
I had a good stay really. The rooms are basic but clean and comfortable. Staff is very polite and the breakfast is not bad either. Ambience outside the rooms is quite pleasant and well suited for the resort hotel that it is. Yes the cats roam around freely but they are by no means a nuisance. 5 to 10 minutes walk from the Patong beach. Lovely pools.

Few problems -
Flies by the day and mosquitoes by night outside the rooms.
Pool closes down early but a handful of us still got in and no one cared.
No minibar, but I hardly use it anyway.

Overall it was a very good experience here. I would really like to give it more than 3 starts, perhaps 3.5 or something.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear abhimanyut2014,

Greetings from Deevana Patong Resort & Spa.

'Reward Your Journey"

Been to Deevana Patong Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!