“Fair...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Deevana Patong Resort & Spa

You added Deevana Patong Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Deevana Patong Resort & Spa
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   43/2 Raj-U Thid 200 Pee Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #46 of 285 Hotels in Patong
“Fair...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

This is the second time we have stayed at Deevana and it has been consistently a 3 star resort both times. The staff are friendly, the rooms are kept clean, the hotel is in a quite street...it's good for the tariff asked.

Just a word of note..If u don't like cats then this is not the place for you. There was one or two when we first stayed here, but there is now an extended family of stray cats that have free roam across the resort, including in the breakfast dining area. Oddly, the staff appear to unperturbed to the whole thing!

Other than the cat thing Deevana is pretty fair 3 star resort.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Deevana_Patong, Executive Assistant Manager at Deevana Patong Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear KJ074,

Greetings from Deevana Patong Resort & Spa.

Many thanks for you recent positive feedback its nice to know you enjoyed your stay with us and we managed to meet your expectations. We have shared your comments with the entire team which will help motivate us to do the best we can in the future.

Your comment about cats in the resort, we are now working towards with Patong Municipality to find ways in controlling the population of cats in the resort.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Deevana Patong Resort & Spa again soon.

"Reward Your Journey"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

This is my first review on TripAdvisor but certainly not my first time travelling, and I must say that this establishment tops my "NEVER RETURNING" list currently.

OVERALL EXPERIENCE
I'm charged 21 Thai Baht a minute for requesting to make a one-time call to a local massage joint; normally, other concierges will offer the service at no COST. The breakfast spread was less than desirable and constantly FLY-INFESTED. Breakfast area is always patrolled by cats, not a place for AILUROPHOBICS. The resort staff look overworked. The overall feeling I get from them is I'm not welcomed there and they can't wait for me to leave; I'm repeated HOUNDED to check-out and return rented equipment on time.

ROOM EXPERIENCE
Despite confirming with staff several days prior to my stay, the Wi-Fi signal was almost non-existent in my room and I had to always strategically position myself to re-activate it. The air-conditioning fins were BROKEN and could not sweep automatically. The bathroom had a constant DANK smell that never went away. The shower area OVERFLOWS after every session, indicating a choked pipe. There was also a particular day when the water from the tap came out BROWNISH. I requested for extra bottles of drinking water which I placed in an unstocked fridge, only to be removed by housekeeping the next day. These were sealed bottles, mind you! I was LOCKED OUT out of my room twice during my stay as my access card was disabled without notice. The reason reception gave was that they made a mistake and mixed up my room with others that were checking-out early. But a second time the next day?!?

The straw that broke the camel's back was when a friend in another room reported an electric flask laced with noodle strands.

I guess we should have done our pre-checks more thoroughly.

Room Tip: Rooms 10XX are furthest from amenities. Choose 43XXs if you prefer a closer proximity.
Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Deevana_Patong, Executive Assistant Manager at Deevana Patong Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear gNoelleoNg,

Greetings from Deevana Patong Resort & Spa

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Deevana Patong Resort and Spa. I am sorry that your overall experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest, therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Just checked out of the hotel and writing this review as I wait to board my flight out of Phuket.
I had a good stay really. The rooms are basic but clean and comfortable. Staff is very polite and the breakfast is not bad either. Ambience outside the rooms is quite pleasant and well suited for the resort hotel that it is. Yes the cats roam around freely but they are by no means a nuisance. 5 to 10 minutes walk from the Patong beach. Lovely pools.

Few problems -
Flies by the day and mosquitoes by night outside the rooms.
Pool closes down early but a handful of us still got in and no one cared.
No minibar, but I hardly use it anyway.

Overall it was a very good experience here. I would really like to give it more than 3 starts, perhaps 3.5 or something.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear abhimanyut2014,

'Reward Your Journey"
India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

The property is nice. the place is located around 1 km from the buzzing bangla road. it is a little off from the main road as well.. so for anything one needs to go to the mainroad atleast.. the room is of decent size with minibar attached. The pool view is nice from the room. The bf spread is not great for veggies and not much option around as well.
There is just one Indian restaurant around 10mins walk from Deevana.However many joints for seafood. Theres an 7 eleven right at the main road opp to the hotel.
Its 10-15 min walk from the patong beach as well. Overall its ok.. but for the price there are better options available either closer to bangla road or the beach..
Went with family in Nov13

Room Tip: pool view and preferably at the grouund level
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ankit_Tripathi2000,

Greetings from Deevana Patong Resort & Spa

All of us look forward to welcoming you back to Deevana Patong Resort & Spa again in the near future.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I came here for my company trip. I was shocked when I ask receptionist for help to call to the massage place.they want to charge me the cost for the call. Thats not the end...there are alot of stray cats here running ard while I m having breakfast..feels like I m in some sort of low class coffeeshop.the kettle that I use in the resort room...was very dirty..there were noodles inside there.oh my god..I wonder wat kind of housekeeping they have here.its defintely the last time I m going to stat here if I am in Phuket.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Deevana_Patong, Executive Assistant Manager at Deevana Patong Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear Mehmeh A,

Greetings from Deevana Patong Resort & Spa.

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

We feel deeply sorry for unprofessional services provided for our guest. Please kindly accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience cause that you experienced during your stay with us and we would like to assure you that we have already identified the problem and are taking steps to counter this issue.

Should you require further assistance, please feel free to contact us. In the meantime, we do hope that you will come back to stay with us to experience the change.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

hotel was very nice and relaxing all the staff are really helpful and friendly, room was a good size, felt very safe. Water did come out yellow at the start but comes right. Hotel isn't to far from town but does seem like a long walk with the heat and shop owners trying to get you to buy stuff. Beach is quite close as well, we had a really good time!

Room Tip: We had a garden room, which was a bit of a walk but definitely worth it, was a lot quiter
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Hannah C,

Greetings from Deevana Patong Resort & Spa.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for leaving such positive comments. It means a lot to us to know that our guests have enjoyed their experience at our resort and we continually strive to ensure all guests are looked after as best we can.

We hope to see you back at the Deevana Patong Resort & Spa again in the near future.

Warm regards,

South West Rocks, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Stayed at this resort only days ago in the Spa wing, with a spa off the balcony area. I have mixed feelings about this place. The staff were very nice people. The spa water was that cold that you couldn't get in it. On the balcony at night, you are fighting off plague proportion mosquitos, and through the day the same with flies. It is advertised " Pillow top bedding", I found the bed to be as hard as a rock. The pool closes at 7pm (crazy). The location is not ideal for elderly people or those recovering from an illness or injury, unless you like paying 200 Baht each way for a Tuk Tuk to go somewhere. That adds up over a 14 day period. The resort courtesy bus only runs 2 times a day, once in the morning and once in the afternoon to 2 locations only (Shopping centre & beach). In a nut shell, I personally think it was not worth the price that it cost and wouldn't stay there again. And last but not least NO MINI BAR in the room.
SUGGESTIONS: Screen off the balcony areas, connect the spa's to the main pool water (it was a good temperature), run the courtesy bus more often, better mattresses, increase the pool closing time, and the big one, PUT MIMI BARS IN THE ROOMS.
TIP: Don't get a Tuk Tuk from the front of Jungceylong shopping centre, the drivers will charge you 300 Baht, everywhere else is 200 Baht.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Paul H,

Greetings from Deevana Patong Resort & Spa

We would like to thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience at Deevana Phuket Resort & Spa on Tripadvisor.

We are happy to read that you were satisfied with our hotel's room, cleanliness and services provided by our staff. This will motivate us to keep up the good work.

We are very sorry to read that there were quite a few shortcomings with the services and facilities while you were using. We have shared all your comments and suggestion with the team and will look at addressing all we can to make improvements.

We thank you for sharing your experience and do hope you will choose to visit us again to see the improvements.

Warm regards,

"Reward Your Journey"

Been to Deevana Patong Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!