“Absolutely Beautiful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Deevana Patong Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Deevana Patong Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Deevana Patong Resort & Spa
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   43/2 Raj-U Thid 200 Pee Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #63 of 261 hotels in Patong
Melbourne
“Absolutely Beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed 12 nights at Deevana from 17-28th of Nov. After reading some terrible reviews when I booked, I was very worried. I cannot fault this hotel at all! We arrived at 2am to staff happy and willing to help us! We had beautiful and clean rooms in the Spa Wing. 5 of us in two rooms. The pools were stunning, and the photos really do no justice. The staff were so lovely! My partner and I booked tours through the hotel, had all of our questions answered, and when we lost a possession, a staff member went out of her way to write instructions for a shop keeper in thai for us.
There are a few cats around the hotel, and as dog lovers we were concerned they would be a pain. They did not get in the way at all, and actually were very cute!
The buffet breakfast was delicious! Every day new and delicious foods are brought out! Doughnuts and soy noodles were just to die for!
I was also concerned at how far Deevana was from Bangla nightlife and Patong beach when I booked, but having been in Patong 12 days, I cannot fault the location at all! It was a very short walk to the beach and bangla, maybe 5-10 minutes. All of the more expensive hotels on the beach road were too big and ridiculously noisy! Deevana is set in a beautiful garden and is just far enough out to be relaxing, but not so far that its an inconvenience.
One fault however, was the airconditioning in my parents room, the roof leaked to a point where the aircon and roof caved in. My parents were swiftly moved to another room, with another leaking aircon. This did annoy them, but my room was fine.
Happy hour at the hotel bars is fantastic! And we dined in 'The Balcony'. Food was safe and nice.
I would reccomend this hotel to anyone who is looking for 5 star accomodation at a 3 star price! You will be pleasently surprised!
The hotel was beautiful, and all of us 5 will return in 2013 too Deevana Patong!!!
PS. I must add that just outside the hotel is a beautiful lady and her pancake stand. She is there every evening, and her crepes are delicious!! We had one every night! Also Tuk Tuks park out at the entrance so transportation is never hard to find.

Room Tip: Spa win was beautiful, we did not see garden rooms however.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

1,138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

The first room we got had cockroaches between the shower curtain and bath, with mould around the bath in the silicone, and a lizard apparently living in the curtain.. The staff's english was terrible, and trying to explain what a lizard was, was tedious! As it was after 10pm when we checked in, we were so tired, and looked past the roach running across the bed but in the am, the staff were extremely rude when I went to ask if they could change our room because it was filthy and riddled with bugs...
The buffet was nice but didn't change from day to day, I was kinda over eating the same stuff every day - it was nice but boring after 8 days of it..
The pools are ok, but no swim up bar kinda ruins the experience of going to a place like this..
Have to mention the costly in room safe which the staff have spare keys for (what ever happened to a safe where you created the code and knew your stuff was safe... In the safe...)... There was the safety deposit box behind the desk in the lobby with strict access hours and again staff access... Did not feel comfortable leaving our $$ and ID in the incompetent hands of those staff!!!
Was a good location, but loud street noise out the main street side..
The security didn't ever use the mirror thing to check under cars for dodgey things..
The internet ISN'T free in this hotel, but all around patong, there is free wifi... A good excuse to get out of the hotel, but no good when trying to research what to do the next day etc...
Oh, and the stink in the lifts and corridors was disgusting, also unsure what the smell coming out of the sure con was either!! Oof

Overall, the hotel was ok, but the rooms were gross, the decor (aside from the lobby) was very out of date and back packer style... And the rudeness of the staff behind the desk was unforgivable!!

Would NOT stay there again!! Much better value apparent elsewhere!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

There is a certain advantage that this hotel has: a huge territory nicely arranged between the hotel wings. 3 swimming pools never crowded so even when hotel fully booked you can find a peaceful and private corner. There are some points to be mentioned for other travelers:
1. Rooms: we had a standard room in a little bit separate wing which requires some maintenance in bathroom but all of the necessary equipment like air conditioning were working very well. An advantage of this wing is that it is very peacefull-no noise at all, so we slept very well.
2. Breakfast: as well never saw a queue, there are always fully set tables available. What about the product: all you need like hot buffet, eggs prepared on your choose, cold cuts, vegetables and fruits, pastries. There is no big variety from day to day but you anyway have a choise among the presented dishes.
3. Service: nothing to complain, our requests were actioned sufficiently all the time.
4. Location: 10 minutes to the beach, 15 to bang la road and shopping center, fruit market about 20 min walking distance. Don't worry about currency exchange and 24/7 shops as well as the tour desks, there are plenty of them everywhere.

I loved the time we spent in Patong and the hotel was a good choise for us.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is great for what you pay 2300 bhat a night. Breakfast is good and resort is clean. If you want something on the beach this is not for you. Patong overall is very busy. Kata beach area and Karon is a 15 min ride with a scooter and much nicer, still nice vibe but not as over crowded.

Brisbane
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed here two years ago and loved it, which is why we chose to stay there again.
When we arrived we were told we had no booking. I showed them my confirmation of full payment for the six nights and the hotel reservation number. The girl said she would go get her manager.
The manager came over to us and just repeated the same thing and followed up by saying she had never heard of the website we had booked from(webjet)!
I asked her to call the number for webjet to check our booking to which she replied it would cost us 40 baht per minute! I told her there was no way we would be paying that and she needed to sort something out as we have fully paid for our room!
Then the man who is in charge of reservations came over and apologized and informed us they are trying to get hold of webjet reservations to sort it out. They could not get thru to them so they sent an email and asked if they could take our credit card details in the mean time to make sure they receive payment. We obviously were not really happy to hand over our credit card details as we didnt want to pay twice for the room.
After about 15 mins of too and fro, they came and apologized for they inconvenience and said they have now found our booking! I am not sure why they couldnt find our booking in the first place. They may have said, but I did not understand. They said they had none of the rooms available so they would upgrade us(not sure if it was really an upgrade as it looked the same as the one I had booked).
The room was nice and spacious. Its clean, and ours had a balcony which overlooked the pool. The walls are thin, and for 3 of the nights could hear a domestic with the couple upstairs.
The pool is great. Swim up bar very good value at happy hour!
Breakfast is ok. Not what it used to be. There was much more variety last time.
Staff are very rushed and not as friendly as they were last time.
I think that Deevana has gotten a lot more popular and as a result the service has gone downhill.
Its a real shame as we enjoyed staying here so much the first time and were really looking forward to coming back. Its not a cheap hotel by Thai standards so you do expect more.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My partner arrived at Deevana Patong in July 2012 to stay for 1 week. Our standard room was basic, but clean with amenities. On the second night we decided to stay in and order room service. We had picked from the menu and picked up the phone to call, only to discover the phone was not working. We walked all the way over to reception (which was about a 5 minute walk) to complain about our phone not working. We ordered our room service in the restaurant and about an hour later a repair man came to fix our phone. We ate our below average food and went to bed.

At two in the morning I awoke with severe stomach cramps, vomiting and diarrhea. At first, I thought it was just a 'Being in Thailand' bug but after three hours and no let up, we realised it was much more than this. At 5am my partner rang the reception to ask for the hotel doctor as I was in a lot of pain, but the hotel reception said he is on rest, despite the promise in the welcome pack there was a doctor on order 24/7! My partner would not accept this, so demanded that they sort something out with some kind of doctor. About an hour later, 2 nurses from the hospital arrived who inserted an IV and said I was very ill and needed an ambulance. An hour after that, an ambulance arrived to take me to the Phuket Hospital. My partner demanded a wheel chair for me from the hotel because I was finding it very difficult to walk but the hotel said no.

Once in hospital, I was diagnosed with gastroenteritis of the small intestine because of .. food poisoning! The day before, my partner and I had both eaten all of the same foods from 7/11 before our room service which we had different meals, it had to be the room service that poisoned me! Once this realization was made, my partner rang the hotel and explained the situation; that I was in hospital as a direct result of their food. To their credit, the Food and Beverages Director came straight to the hospital for a meeting, bringing flowers and providing transport for my partner (and myself when I was out) to and from the hotel, the 40 minute journey.

3 days later, and £3000 later (luckily, my travel insurance has covered this) we returned to the hotel. The three nights that we spent in hospital were wiped from our bill and we were upgraded to the Honeymoon Suite! The Honeymoon Suite was just beautiful, a bed that was a square, a fruit basket, a jacuzzi, a bath and shower, a tv lounge .. it was just beautiful. The Director of the hotel came to us to issue a personal apology and to tell us we could stay at the hotel as long as we liked (with them paying the value of the 3 nights we missed). He also gave us a letter to give to my insurance company. We left the hotel after 4 nights of recovering.

So a very mixed experience. The pain I had from gastroenteritis as a direct result of the Deevana was one of the worst experiences of my life and I would not wish it on anybody, but to their credit, the hotel did handle the situation incredibly well and the Honeymoon Suite and treatment I received from them was very good. Take from this what you will, but DO NOT HAVE ROOM SERVICE!

Room Tip: Honeymoon Suite is the only one I could possibly recommend!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Spent 10 nights in spa room poolside. Great breakfast daily & good being set back from busy street, nice oasis. Would stay again.++++++++close proximity to Day Spa & distance allowed for many long walks day @ night. Bus avail to take u up town .

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Deevana Patong Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!