We booked this hotel, despite some mixed reviews, because it was right on the beach. We booked a Junior Suite and requested that it be on the ground floor. When we arrived we were booked in very quickly and taken to our room - 5 steps to the pool, 6 steps to the bar and maybe 10 steps to the beach. It was a large comfortable room and while the bed was hard we both slept well. The pool was smallish but pleasant. It was fabulous in the morning to have a swim in the ocean, a quick dip in the pool and then have breakfast on the beach with the sand in your toes.
Breakfast was good with a fair selection for a smallish hotel - we always had a big leisurely breakfast - you were never rushed or hurried.
Unfortunately you can't pick your fellow guests and five nights into our 15 night stay a bunch of Australian yobbo's moved in. They thought it was funny to have a drunken and noisy frolic around in the pool at 3.00am - the screeches of the low class girls was not very pleasant at that time of the morning. Unfortunately you can't blame this on the hotel - over the next few days they pretty well got them under control but we asked to move to one of the absolute beach front rooms for the rest of our stay which the reception staff organised for us in no time at all. It cost a few extra dollars a day but was well worth it.
Our room opened up onto a small courtyard that was right on the beach. How wonderful it was to have happy hour (5-7pm, two drinks for the price of one) sitting in front of our room watching the wonderful sunsets sipping on a cold Singha or Mojito.
It was also amazing to walk out of your room in the morning staright out onto the beach. for a wake up swim.
We had friends staying at a huge resort up the road and they were a long walk from the beach and they also had trouble with unruly guests - the only way to avoid it perhaps is stay in one of the very expensive resorts but really what's the point.
Location wise the hotel was excellent - only a short walk to Bangla Road and surrounded by restaurants and all the facilities you could want.
Staff were efficient and friendly but they didn't smother you - we have no complaints there.
Overall we had a wonderful 15 night stay at the Patong Bay. Would I recommend it - yes I would, particularly if you want to be on the beach - it is the only reasonably priced beachside hotel in Patong.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Jewel Within A Jewel!The delightful Patong Bay Garden Resort is a family owned and operated hotel located directly on the shimmering white sands of the world famous Patong Bay, Phuket. Known as the Jewel of the Andaman Sea, Phuket is a world class destination offering a dynamic and vibrant holiday in one of Asia's premier locations. As one of a select few hotels with direct access to the beautiful beach, the Patong Bay Garden resort is an ideal destination for those seeking a relaxing holiday of Sun, Sand and Sea, truly a jewel within a jewel!The Resort offers a full range of facilities and activities which blend seamlessly with the renowned Thai charm and hospitality to ensure a peaceful and memorable stay The 71 charming and affordable rooms offer a range of categories and styles to meet the varied requirements of modern international travelers, both families and couples alike, in a captivating and welcoming setting.Away from the beach, the location of the Resort offers easy, unhindered access to all the shopping, dining and entertainment areas which make Patong such a popular holiday destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Patong Bay Garden Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Patong Bay Garden Hotel Patong
- Patong Bay Garden Resort Phuket