Be prepared for the room to clean, but there was really dark moldy sheetrock both in bedroom and bathroom. We had a Deluxe Jr. Suite and first floor just off the pool area.We absolutely LOVED the location with beach-front access and just a few meters away from Bangla Rd. night-life action.
The breakfasts were located right at the beach side and were quite good - but typical buffet breakfast with pancakes, french toast, cooked to order omelets, cereals, fruit, sweet flavored juices (not real juice anywhere in Thailand breakfasts we found), also white rice and some "leftover" type meat/vegetable Thai style dish to put on rice, no cheeses, jams, good fresh bread, decent coffee and tea. Excellent service.
Only real issue was that the room needed to have the drywall replaced due to saturated mold - lots of it on the walls bleeding through the numerous white paint coverage attempts. If mold bothers you you won't like it. I saw one cockroach one night in the bathroom. Not surprising. Patong area is generally kind of dirty and smelly along the streets. The beach though was surprisingly clean and the water was clean too.
No surprises or disappointments, but we were prepared for it being kind of rough. It was not as bad as we had thought it might be. We stayed 2 nights. If I were going to return to Patong - which we don;t plan, I would stay here again. It was a really perfect location, good value, good breakfast. Satisfied. Not wowed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Jewel Within A Jewel!The delightful Patong Bay Garden Resort is a family owned and operated hotel located directly on the shimmering white sands of the world famous Patong Bay, Phuket. Known as the Jewel of the Andaman Sea, Phuket is a world class destination offering a dynamic and vibrant holiday in one of Asia's premier locations. As one of a select few hotels with direct access to the beautiful beach, the Patong Bay Garden resort is an ideal destination for those seeking a relaxing holiday of Sun, Sand and Sea, truly a jewel within a jewel!The Resort offers a full range of facilities and activities which blend seamlessly with the renowned Thai charm and hospitality to ensure a peaceful and memorable stay The 71 charming and affordable rooms offer a range of categories and styles to meet the varied requirements of modern international travelers, both families and couples alike, in a captivating and welcoming setting.Away from the beach, the location of the Resort offers easy, unhindered access to all the shopping, dining and entertainment areas which make Patong such a popular holiday destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Patong Bay Garden Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Patong Bay Garden Hotel Patong
- Patong Bay Garden Resort Phuket