Me and my Boyfriend stayed for 4nights in the Thara Patong beach Resort in April. We got a taxi from the airport that cost 400baht and took around 45mins. It wasn't a meter taxi and we were taken to a place on route trying to sell us trips, accommodation, flights etc.. we had everything pre booked so we politely said no and were soon on our way again, to avoid this I think you need to take a meter taxi. We booked a Deluxe room and on arrival to the hotel we were told we had been ungraded to a Premier room free of charge. The room was on the fourth floor, very large, with a balcony over looking the pool and grounds. The bathroom was large again, a little dated but very clean. The room wasn't as modern as the pictures we had seen on the internet but was still good value.
The breakfast was good a lot of choice, bacon, eggs, lots of different kinds of bread, crossiants, pastries, fruit, cereals, cooked meats, cheeses, noodles and fried rice. basically just about anything you wanted and plenty of it.
The location was good close to the beach and centre of Patong. Patong itself I find hard to recommend, The beach was strewn with litter and the girls hanging around the Seven Eleven outside the entrance to our hotel at night looked suspiciously like prostitutes. You got lots of hassle walking down the main street trying to get you into go go bars all the time. The hotel was excellent in that it was a good place to be away from the lively centre lying by the pool surrounded by the beautiful tropical grounds where it was also nice and quite.
- Also Known As:
- Thara Patong Beach Resort And Spa
- Thara Patong Beach Hotel Patong
- Thara Patong Beach Resort
- Thara Patong Beach Hotel
- Thara Patong Beach Resort & Spa Phuket
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thara Patong Beach Resort & Spa is prominently situated on Patong Beach offering a superb combination of service, value for money and location. It is just a short stroll to the Beach, the bustling shopping and nightlife areas. It is approximately 42 km. to Phuket International Airport (about 55 minutes drive) and about 30 minutes drive to Phuket Town. The Resort offers 180 accommodate rooms in Superior, Deluxe, Premier, Premier Pool Access, One/Two Bedroom Suite and Grand Tamarind Suite; each room looks out on the serenity of the tropical gardens and pools from their private balcony. All rooms are fully furnished with finest materials and facilities include satellite TV, IDD telephone, mini bar, hair dryer and Wi-Fi internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Thara Patong Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.