We have just returned home after 8 fabulous nights at the Thara Patong Resort, this being our second stay there in 12 months. Our group consisted of 2 couples and one single.
Upon our arrival we were greeted like long lost friends, complete with a big hug from Nui on reception.(He is absolutely adorable) All of the reception staff made us feel very welcome, and we were promptly given the keys to our rooms. We were delighted to have been allocated the same rooms that we had last year and it felt like coming home, very welcoming indeed. The 3 rooms were absolutely spotless and well stocked with complimentary toiletries etc and all rooms at this resort have great balconies overlooking well maintained pools (3) and tropical gardens. There is free WiFi to all rooms and we had no trouble at all getting connected with using our i Pads.
The Hotel is ideally located with a short 2 minute walk from our room to the Beach, a 2 minute walk to shops/ markets, Tuk Tuks and 3 minute walk to 7/11 stores (2 very close). Well stocked pharmacy just 2 minutes walk.
The Hotel is very quite and great for families or couples and for singles there is Bangla Road with heaps of nightlife just a short easy 5 minute walk away. The Hotel is very well located, but without the hustle and bustle of other Hotels. Outside the Hotel is very busy, but within the Hotel grounds is like an oasis. Lush tropical grounds surround the 3 pools, plenty of sun lounges available throughout our stay and never had to fight for a spare poolside lounge.
We ate lunch a couple of times at the Poolside Bar (each serving consisted of 2 large shish kebabs, chips, coleslaw) for just THB 150 ( AUS $4.50 approx). Large meal and excellent value.
The breakfast selection was great, plenty of crispy bacon, eggs cooked to order, fresh fruits, cereals, pancakes, tomatoes, sausages, plenty of Asian style dishes, fruit juice, good selection of breads, danishes etc. We never had a problem getting a vacant table for 5 each day. Coffee was strong and hot.
We ate several nights at the Pizzeria restaurant, enjoying mainly Thai/ Asian style dishes (and a Pizza one night), wonderful service, great food and always a warm smile from the lovely Waraporn at the restaurant. Prices are very reasonable and certainly represented great value for money. The desserts there were luscious.
The tropical gardens and sparkling pools are a real credit to the staff who were always busy behind the scenes, ensuring the resort grounds and pools were spotless.
The rooms are very comfortable, quiet and well set out. The shower in our bathroom could quiet easily have fitted a family of 6 in one go. The air con was quiet and worked very well. The bed was firm but comfy.
The lovely housekeepers (Wilawan and Dousina) did a wonderful job, making our hand towels into origami
animals, swans, dog, elephants, rabbits etc and scattered our bed with beautiful rose petals. It was certainly a wonderful gesture and made our room look lovely. We certainly felt like valued guests.
The main thing that set this Resort apart from others that we had previously stayed in Phuket was that the staff all seemed to be smiling and happy. Nothing was ever too much bother. They always returned a smile with smile.
We will definitely be returning to this resort again in the near future
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thara Patong Beach Resort & Spa is prominently situated on Patong Beach offering a superb combination of service, value for money and location. It is just a short stroll to the Beach, the bustling shopping and nightlife areas. It is approximately 42 km. to Phuket International Airport (about 55 minutes drive) and about 30 minutes drive to Phuket Town. The Resort offers 180 accommodate rooms in Superior, Deluxe, Premier, Premier Pool Access, One/Two Bedroom Suite and Grand Tamarind Suite; each room looks out on the serenity of the tropical gardens and pools from their private balcony. All rooms are fully furnished with finest materials and facilities include satellite TV, IDD telephone, mini bar, hair dryer and Wi-Fi internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Thara Patong Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thara Patong Beach Resort And Spa
- Thara Patong Beach Hotel Patong
- Thara Patong Beach Resort & Spa Phuket