“Fantastic Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Thara Patong Beach Resort & Spa

You added Thara Patong Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Thara Patong Beach Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   170, 170/1 Thaweewong Road | Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #68 of 283 Hotels in Patong
South australia
“Fantastic Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This was our 5th time staying at Thara Patong Beach Resort and Spa, and what can I say absolutely perfect from day one to check out 28 days later. This resort would have to be my favorite in Patong and we have stayed at many. The location is fantastic, just a short stroll from the hustle and bustle of Bangala road, however once in the resort it is a haven, the grounds are beautifully maintained. There are two great swimming pools and a children's pool. The staff at Thara are wonderful, always smiling and ever so helpful. Popy the Pool attendant is a joy to see each day, bringing fabulous cocktails and food to where ever you might be in the resort. Happy hour is not to be missed making all sorts of fabulous cocktails, my favorite being the long Island iced tea, not for the faint hearted. Housekeeping staff could not do enough for you, our room was always spotless and had all amenities needed. Bryan the duty manager is an absolute assest to Thara patong, his friendliness and professionalism is of the highest standard and was such a help to us on many occasions. Breakfast is everything you would need, from fresh juices to cereals, an egg station where they would do any eggs you desire, many different breads and pastries . Hot and cold buffet , fresh fruit and yoghurt etc, if you could not find something to your liking then I am affraid you would not be welcome at my house. I noticed on a few occasions at breakfast that some of the tourists were sour faced and rude to the staff, for which I was extremely embarrassed about. There is nothing that I could fault with Thara patong. The front desk staff were fantastic, even helping us locate our mobile phone which i left in a Tuk Tuk late one evening. It was a new Samsung galaxy and yes we got it back, thanks to the wonderful staff. Will I be going back ABSOLUTELY, Thank you Thara Patong for a magical holiday.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dutytharapatong, Duty Manager at Thara Patong Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear nassarij,
Thank you so much for the lovely review, you’re perfectly described how we want the resort to be for our guests; friendly and helpful staff (of cause we want to serve our valuable guest for the best…), lovely and relaxing area (we really want you to have the best vacation time…), fantastic food and spacious room (and we want you also to have a good memories…).
As you mention that “Fantastic Resort”, we feel so happy because we know that you must be having a great holiday while staying with us.
We promise we always ready to serve you for all the best if you coming back to Phuket and stay in our resort in future. Thank you and hope to see you again.
Duty Manager@Thara Patong Beach Resort & Spa.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed there for a couple of days recently.
In short this is what we felt about the place -

the good -

fantastic location, close to everything.
Friendly and welcoming front desk.
Two big pools.
Great massage by the pool side.
Adequate breakfast included in the price.
Fairly clean.

The average -

The room was ok, and the place looks a little dated, but that really didn't matter too much.

The bad -

Well nothing really.

Tip - don't take any tour or taxi from the in house travel agency, just outside these are available for half the rate.

Overall would definitely recommend for the practical traveller, looking for affordable luxury in a convenient location.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear surajahuja,
Thank you so much for staying with us and share your positive review with other TripAdvisor members. We are happy to hear you enjoyed during your stay at our resort, we believe you had a pleasant journey back home and we look forward to be of serve to you in the future.
With best regards,
Duty Manager @ Thara Patong Beach Resort & Spa.
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

This was our 4th trip to Phuket but the first time we stayed at Thara Patong. We never knew it existed because the street frontage (on the main beach road) presents as the Tantawan Restaurant with a huge display of fresh seafood. The actual hotel commences behind the restaurant with access from the beach road up until midnight and then after that for you night owls, you use the main entrance in the side street. This property was my idea of what a tropical resort should be like and nights spent on our balcony overlooking the beautiful pool and garden area were priceless! Staff are obliging and courteous and it is truly like an oasis in the desert - you'd never think that the busy beach road is just a stone's throw away.

My only negative comment would be that there are way too many cats on the property and the toms were yowling and fighting beneath our balcony but I think a lot of the properties have a cat problem. Our TV was analogue with rather "snowy" reception which will probably be rectified when they go digital.

My best tip for visitors to Phuket is do not book any tours from home - wait until you get here because there are tour "stalls" nearly every 50 paces and their prices quoted in their brochures can be halved immediately and then bargain from there. The more tours you do, the greater the bargaining leverage. Don't be too aggressive though because these people are doing it tough, as is evidenced by the desperate touting going on in the streets.

Room Tip: 2nd & 3rd (top) floor overlooking the Dolphin Pool are as good as it gets!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear carol j,
Thank you so much for taking time to sharing your experience and leaved the comments to other members at the Trip Advisor. We appreciate and so glad that you give the title “A Hidden Gem” to our resort.
Your comments about the cats and the TV problems have been brought to the attention of the management.
We hope to see you again in the future and we promise to let you see our improvement if you come and stay again with us.
With best regards,
Duty Manager@ Thara Patong Beach Resort & Spa.
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Just back from 7 days In Patong Beach and as per usual had a great time, We have stayed at the Thara quite a few times now and have nothing but good comments about the place, The location, staff, service, pool and cleanliness of rooms are In my opinion First class, I would highly recommend the Hotel to anyone thinking of staying there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dutytharapatong, Duty Manager at Thara Patong Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear steviep123HK
It was good to see you again. Sounds like you had another great time as usual. We take care of our all our Valued Guests as you know. It can be noted that Thara Patong has many returning guest(s) year after year. Some Valued guests come several times a year. Everyone at Thara Patong is looking forward to seeing soon. Take care, Bryan Duty Manager
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

It was low season when we went and expecting a much better service from the normal he busy season where things are overlooked because of too much work. When we got to our rooms, it was past the standard 2pm check-in time. And both the floor of our rooms we're dusty. I don't know how they can overlook such a basic detail. Once you take of your shoes, you can feel it. Terrible welcome to Phuket.

Another incident was getting a taxi through the hotel to get to Phuket town. An unexpected situation ever to occur with a hotel. The taxi driver demanded more money from us when we had already entered the car! So we immediately saked to be dropped back to the hotel. A higher price would still have been fine. But this felt like we were being cheated as it was not even Agreed on. And this can't even be blamed on an English language barrier as we confirmed the taxi request price when we got back to the hotel as it was the Thai hotel staff that did the communicating! Not us. And the worse service is yet to come. We sat at the reception lounge area and there was a European lady sitting at the desk of the duty manager in the lounge as well. Throughout the entire time we were expressly upset about this situation, she just sat there pretending like she couldnt here anything! It made us even more upset that we were trying to communicate with the Thai hotel staff and she just sat there. Later than night, the manager called us at our room. We were told that that the lady wasn't the duty manager. Then why was she even sitting there? Just to put some foreign face on that desk? It was so insulting even the way she behaved and reacted when she eventually stood up AFTER we asked her to assist us. It was as though we are asking her SUCH a big favour.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear mvcms
We appreciate your comments and Resort review. I have sent you a message twice without any answer. Quoted message sent “I trust this email finds you well & good. Would you be so kind and let me know what room you were staying in. I do remember the GRM passing a message to me and I remember calling a room. However I need to confirm date of stay and room number so we can thoroughly investigate. Your comments are most appreciated. Best Regards, Bryan”. However we do understand if a Valued Guest does not feel the need to respond. So we will address your review point by point. Firstly our rooms are cleaned daily. Thailand is a tropical environment with a high humidity. Things like tile floors and wood furnishings can seem to have a moist feel when one enters a room. A few hours of AC takes care of that. The taxi you are referring to was an outside taxi, not our Resort Taxi; there-for out of our control. I cannot agree with you more how distasteful one may feel or even cheated when the one price is quoted and then another price is introduced when you enter the Taxi. Unfortunately many things that are out of our control reflect directly on a Resort Property. We only wish TripAdvisor had a Taxi review website LOL. The European lady you are referring to is not European. Ms Irena did not understand what was going on and maybe should have tried to rendered assistance. However she did tell me she did not understand what was going on. Yes I did call your room and you said everything was fine, never mentioning anything else. How can we serve our Valued Guest if they say everything is fine? But here in your review you only talks about negative things. We truly do hope you had a nice vacation and stay at Thara Patong and on the Island of Phuket. PS I remember when the both of you Checked-out and were sitting in the lobby for quite some time waiting for airport transfer. I tried to acknowledge you with a smile but you simply ignored me. As a team we do our best to serve our Value Guest and sincerely invite you to give us another chance on your next trip to Phuket. Email me directly to announce your arrival, Please. Happy Travels! Sincerely, Bryan Duty Manager
Tehran, Iran
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Hotel was good and near the street in the heart of Phuket Bngla. medium-sized pool and breakfast room was good. Massage was very good and overall the hotel was good.The hotel was not luxurious, but again I'm staying in this hotel

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear SHAHRAM S
Thank you for posting a Resort review. We are glad you had a comfortable stay. The guest that most appreciates our Resort are people looking for a great location, safe and relaxing property with a tropical garden setting. We are not a big high rise building with a crowded small pool far from the beach. We are locating in the heart of Patong where the action is… lots of restaurants, shopping and the beautiful Patong Bay. Happy Travels! Sincerely, Bryan Duty Manager
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Thara Patong was fantabulous!! We stayed here for 10 days last year in May 2011 (TripAdvisor wouldn't let me pick beyond September 2011) and we loved every moment here.
The hotel is not the modern type of style but more like a resort and we liked the fact that they had bungalow type style rooms with balcony and the beds were comfy.
It's close to everything, food, shopping, entertainment and the beach and the in house service was fantastic, they even found us a car at 4 in the morning to take us to the airport because our ride never turned up. I loved their breakfast choices and they had such friendly staff!
I tried their in house spa and it was the best massage I ever had - it was heavenly :)
We are heading back to Phuket again (August 2012) for our honeymoon and I was so impressed with the hotel last time that I told my husband that I wanted to stay here again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Dear MEYDX
Thank you for taking the time and posting a Resort Review. When we read a review of this nature our entire Management team and Resort Colleagues know their hard efforts are recognized by most of our Valued Guest. This gives everyone a real boost and confidence, that we are moving in the right direction. Yes our Resort is perfectly situated in Patong and offers one of the most comfortable stays you will find anyone on the Island. We are glad you,’ loved every moment here’. Look forward to serving you on your next trip. Happy Travels! Sincerely, Bryan Duty Manager

Been to Thara Patong Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!